Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Furius_Marius

Losing mode ON

53 comments in this topic

Players
222 posts
7,011 battles

Well, this weak is being very hard, and today is being specially hard.

Do you sometimes feel that doesn't matter what u do You lose and you lose and you lose? Doesn't matter u kill 3 or 4 or 5 or 6. high calibers, caping, spoting Trying to help the team. In div(with good players) or SOLO. 

Today I started with high tiers. Some games i couldn't even start almost shooting 2-3 salvos game finish.(almost couldn't do anything)  4-5 minute games that in 3 minutes you lose all DDs and 2 cruisers followed by 2 torped BBs. Typical streamrolls. 

I go down a little. In some of them I carry hard and I carry hard, still lose, Carry hard again still lose.

Then I check the players of my games. (I consider myself average)  My team a lot of new players, with 200-400 battles more or less  45% win rate. Enemy team: 4 Super unicums and 3 unicums. And the similar ratio repeats all battles.

I go before sleep to Tier II. Just to get a longer battle and a single win. But what i find? My teammate is AFK and the enemy is a division of 12500 battles and 72% win rate. Well i try again. Another division 8000 battles 68% WR my colleague a new player.

Why is much more common to getting this crazy losing streaks and almost never get winning streaks? Or equal games... 

It's just me or is a common thing? Specially lately...

• Cool 9

Players
2,898 posts

Switch to co op you can't beat MM. I got around 30 losses in a row in the summer before stopping. Don't wait for the losing streak to end. Stop playing for a few days, or do co op/OPs. Divisions should be removed from randoms imo.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3

Players
866 posts
8,891 battles
2 hours ago, lossi_2018 said:

Switch to co op you can't beat MM. I got around 30 losses in a row in the summer before stopping. Don't wait for the losing streak to end. Stop playing for a few days, or do co op/OPs. Divisions should be removed from randoms imo.

Good advice unless ya a stubborn [edited] like me who has to get his win lol

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Beta Tester
4,709 posts
10,983 battles

Putting aside obvious lies like 30 loss streaks...

It's just human nature to feel like this. People just ignore the win streaks they had were their actions didn't carry those games. "I win because I'm good, I lose because my team is bad".

Unicums change one game in 10 from a loss to a win, superunicums 1.5-2 (one in 5). Or more likely, they change slightly more to wins to make up for the times they're responsible for a loss. The wast majority is up to luck of the draw (players on each team, ship comp, and quite significantly just the random "who spawns where and who goes where the first minute" effect).

[I-J-N]
Players
4,580 posts

I can often manage days where I only exclusively get something like 7 to 10 defeats in a row. On some days it goes a little better....

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
1,149 posts
15,593 battles

A losing streak is not that uncommon. If you assume a battles to be statistically independent and players having a 50% probability of winning, then losing ten games has a probability of ~0.1%. So to speak if you play 1000 battles a year, you are expected to experience such an episode once. I had it about 7 months ago. It drove me crazy. Strangely, even the guys who argued about it all being coincidence stopped divisioning up with me.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
2,804 posts
19,115 battles

Lose more then 4 battles in a row, kill game go do something useful or fun with the free time you just created. Problem solved ^^

• Cool 9

[SPURD]
Players
400 posts
3,682 battles

Well yes, obviously there's big losing streaks, but I don't really care either way, losing the game doesn't stop me from getting black ribbons and kills. If winning didn't affect credit earnings, I wouldn't care at all.

[BODEM]
Players
776 posts
6,948 battles

I think you don't understand how luck works, OP. No offense, btw. Look, wows is a 1 team vs 1 team game, right? So there is a 50% chance you win, right? So that is the same as flipping a coin if you will be on the winning team or not. I never understand these threads that complain about the game has getting worse because they are losing a lot of games "even though they work so hard to win". The OPs of those threads never seem to understand that it means another 12 people winning those battles. You are just constant unlucky you end up in the "wrong" team. 

Players
46 posts
666 battles

I was having a bad day yesterday, overall lost more than won, i find i would also play worse if i'm in a lose streak, rushing, pushing when not needed, missing shots and sunk more often, then i force myself to play more games to compensate for the losses but usually it's worse and i lose even more. 

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Beta Tester
51 posts
4,921 battles

In any game there is a simple rule, "if you are on a loosing streak and feel like you really need to win the next game so you can end the day. Just quite right there."

Your mind is already making worse desicions because off the stress and if you roll low on the teammates scale you can get really tilted.

*I know that I often play when I should take a break, its hard to not go for that 1 win*

• Cool 2

Players
222 posts
7,011 battles

Usually when i have the good days. Its more like win win, lose, win, lose, win win, lose... With defeats (7 or 8 lose 1 win)... Last weeks my wins were mostly hard carries. And I'm average player. When Screw up, almost a guaranteed defeat. If I play great, doesn't mean I win. xD When Random stuff, doesn't seem so Random... It can get frustrating. But also don't like the steamrolling victories when i can barely engage.(But mostly I see it from losing side). xD  

• Cool 1

Players
480 posts
8,538 battles

some days it just goes very well and others it's just time to stop, i usually know it's going to be bad when half your team pushes into a corner and camps it because.......corners

• Funny 2

Players
2,898 posts
6 hours ago, AgarwaenME said:

Putting aside obvious lies like 30 loss streaks...

It's just human nature to feel like this. People just ignore the win streaks they had were their actions didn't carry those games. "I win because I'm good, I lose because my team is bad".

Unicums change one game in 10 from a loss to a win, superunicums 1.5-2 (one in 5). Or more likely, they change slightly more to wins to make up for the times they're responsible for a loss. The wast majority is up to luck of the draw (players on each team, ship comp, and quite significantly just the random "who spawns where and who goes where the first minute" effect).

lol, I didn't lie don't be a tool. Why would I lie about losing? I lost 1.5% WR in a well discussed public topic then (summer). Yes I was furious after 8-9 losses and played awfully but that don't mean it didn't happen. Many players have experienced extreme losing streaks. 5 wins in 50 games sounds better? Don't be hostile for no reason :) There is no random in the MM code at all. It was coded to behave exactly as we see and create the games we play by the people who coded it :)

PS the rest of your stuff I agree for the most part

• Cool 3

[I-J-N]
Players
4,580 posts

I could swear some ships are literally jinxed... usually the ones I hate playing on to begin with.

• Cool 1

Players
194 posts
3,426 battles
10 ore fa, Furius_Marius ha scritto:

Do you sometimes feel that doesn't matter what u do You lose and you lose and you lose? Doesn't matter u kill 3 or 4 or 5 or 6. high calibers, caping, spoting Trying to help the team. In div(with good players) or SOLO. 

Today I started with high tiers. Some games i couldn't even start almost shooting 2-3 salvos game finish.(almost couldn't do anything)  4-5 minute games that in 3 minutes you lose all DDs and 2 cruisers followed by 2 torped BBs. Typical streamrolls. 

I go down a little. In some of them I carry hard and I carry hard, still lose, Carry hard again still lose.

Then I check the players of my games. (I consider myself average)  My team a lot of new players, with 200-400 battles more or less  45% win rate. Enemy team: 4 Super unicums and 3 unicums. And the similar ratio repeats all battles.

I go before sleep to Tier II. Just to get a longer battle and a single win. But what i find? My teammate is AFK and the enemy is a division of 12500 battles and 72% win rate. Well i try again. Another division 8000 battles 68% WR my colleague a new player.

Why is much more common to getting this crazy losing streaks and almost never get winning streaks? Or equal games... 

the syndrome of "it's always my mates' fault" will always bring you to more losing. Not because of ill-luck or fate, but because if you feel you are in a group of potatos you will start behaving like a potato.
Play at your best, communicate with team mates, coordinate your attacks, just think they are exactly like you and stop bothering to check anyone's stats. I'm sure this way you will improve your W/L ratio. 
If you see people with 70% wins, it means they basically always play in a division with experienced players. If you solo you will never get that ratio (maybe only in your first 200 battles at best). I have a bit more than 55% wins and I'm quite happy with that. I care more about average exp points gained, damage done and other factors that are more indicative of your general performance in my opinion

• Cool 1

Players
222 posts
7,011 battles
6 minutes ago, ErickBloodGun said:

the syndrome of "it's always my mates' fault" will always bring you to more losing. Not because of ill-luck or fate, but because if you feel you are in a group of potatos you will start behaving like a potato.
Play at your best, communicate with team mates, coordinate your attacks, just think they are exactly like you and stop bothering to check anyone's stats. I'm sure this way you will improve your W/L ratio. 
If you see people with 70% wins, it means they basically always play in a division with experienced players. If you solo you will never get that ratio (maybe only in your first 200 battles at best). I have a bit more than 55% wins and I'm quite happy with that. I care more about average exp points gained, damage done and other factors that are more indicative of your general performance in my opinion

I didn't say its always my teammates fault. Most of times when I play bad I lose. (Then its partially my fault) What i said its that doesn't matter if I play bad, normal, good, great or I kill half of the enemy team. You just lose. Because that day you must lose. That's the feeling. I usually play in Div( with more or less good players, more experienced than me). But when its this days it doesn't change anything. I don't check usually the stats. Just this time I was curious to try to find a logical reason for the soooo big one sided battles i was in. 

I'm a quite team player and i give information to teammates to try to help them. I try to give cover...

[I-J-N]
Players
4,580 posts
24 minutes ago, Furius_Marius said:

I didn't say its always my teammates fault. Most of times when I play bad I lose. (Then its partially my fault) What i said its that doesn't matter if I play bad, normal, good, great or I kill half of the enemy team. You just lose. Because that day you must lose. That's the feeling. I usually play in Div( with more or less good players, more experienced than me). But when its this days it doesn't change anything. I don't check usually the stats. Just this time I was curious to try to find a logical reason for the soooo big one sided battles i was in. 

I'm a quite team player and i give information to teammates to try to help them. I try to give cover...

When you plan to play badly, you should always pick a ship that can qualify for the day's first win bonus. Play as badly as you can, you are virtually guaranteed a win. :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 1

Players
480 posts
8,538 battles

yup just had one of those days too, it was a blessed relief to close the game down......nothing better than in a Tier 9 game and someone on your team says " why do my torps keep disappearing before hitting the target?"....

giphy.gif

• Funny 3

Players
25 posts

I have some T6 to T7 BB's with a constant winrate between 49% to 60%. I'm a average player and i'm fine with it. Some wins, some loses, that happens and thats how games work.

But my T8's (Massa 21%, Tirp 44% and Bis 45%) lose most games, not because my team is bad, sometimes i do sh..., beeing tiered of the games and don't care anymore.

But most time i blame the MM for it. That thing is still a mess and WG doesn't care. They are more interested creating new cows to melk.

• Cool 1

Players
222 posts
7,011 battles
25 minutes ago, illy said:

yup just had one of those days too, it was a blessed relief to close the game down......nothing better than in a Tier 9 game and someone on your team says " why do my torps keep disappearing before hitting the target?"....

giphy.gif

Last weeks I got a lot of games that playing a DD at tier VIII my cruiser teammates torp me (with 6-8km torp range) trying to hit enemies at 15km. Some people just shoot the torps once they are ready. Doesn't matter the range or who is in front. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Beta Tester
4,709 posts
10,983 battles
2 hours ago, lossi_2018 said:

lol, I didn't lie don't be a tool. Why would I lie about losing? I lost 1.5% WR in a well discussed public topic then (summer). Yes I was furious after 8-9 losses and played awfully but that don't mean it didn't happen. Many players have experienced extreme losing streaks. 5 wins in 50 games sounds better? Don't be hostile for no reason :) There is no random in the MM code at all. It was coded to behave exactly as we see and create the games we play by the people who coded it :)

PS the rest of your stuff I agree for the most part

Yes. sure.. conspiracies too..

• Funny 1

[I-J-N]
Players
4,580 posts
2 minutes ago, Furius_Marius said:

Last weeks I got a lot of games that playing a DD at tier VIII my cruiser teammates torp me (with 6-8km torp range) trying to hit enemies at 15km. Some people just shoot the torps once they are ready. Doesn't matter the range or who is in front. 

I remember one game where i was in a BB. My team mate DD did not need even 6-8km torps to finish me off. The DD was practically alongside me when it fired a salvo straight into my port side. :Smile-angry:

• Funny 1

Players
194 posts
3,426 battles
1 ora fa, Furius_Marius ha scritto:

I meant no offence, in any case I see you have 53,5% of W/L ratio which is sufficiently solid. I'm sure you also have very good days to counterbalance this issue

• Cool 1

[VGS]
Players
22 posts
1,264 battles
Vor 14 Stunden, Furius_Marius sagte:

I share the setniment, fully . I am fairly new, around 1k battles . Took me a while to learn basics, but for some time now, I was able to make a difference in Battles...get at least 1 kill ( my FR is still crap from my learning period )...and my WR started climbing, slowly . Which I attribute to my actions and decisions amongst other things .

Last 4 days, it does not matter what I do . Do I sink 3, 2, 1 or no ship at all . Do I play DD, and keep half of the Opfor spotted for my time at all times . Do I run around, harass, shoot, torp, Cap...does not matter . May Team looses . No joking, my WR has gone down by about 1% within 4 days . At around 1k Battles, that means I am loosing a HUGE proportion of my matches, continously .

Plus, WoWs is not my first teamgame . I have played games like these for years. I know about bias, perception is a tricky beast etc.  What I experience the last few days is not a matter of "you only THINK you loose more !" . It is a matter of : "Even if your Team is up 4 kills and 300 points...the match will be lost in the end." Or "Great, you killed 2 Ships . Too bad half your Team died withi 5 mins, and it does not really matter ." Or "Well, you die within 4 mins...because the flottilla of ships you though were supporting you starting turning around, running off and hiding behind Islands when you were comitted already." . Stuff like that .

Anyways. I love this Game . Clunky MM is a bother at times, but I can awlays get better .

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this