Server Restart - 30 October, 05:00 UTC Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Harvin87

Is it possible to get the Missouri?

44 comments in this topic

[-R-F-]
Players
72 posts
1,845 battles

Hello guys,

I'm relatively new to the game and would like to know if there's a way to get the Missouri? I read sometime ago that it was in supercontainers, how true is that?

Thanks.

[BIF]
Players
322 posts
4,872 battles

Christmas Santa crates, at least in the last years. Be prepared to spend a horrible amount of money.....

• Cool 4

[NED]
Players
2,059 posts
7,992 battles

Christmas containers are your only real chance.

Also never sell premium ships you hate so they cant drop in a container increasing your chance of a better drop.

• Cool 4

[SHAD]
Players
2,605 posts
11,639 battles
4 minutes ago, K82J said:

Christmas Santa crates, at least in the last years. Be prepared to spend a horrible amount of money.....

£4-500 should be enough!

Youll almost certainly get every other premium first!

• Cool 3

Players
2,094 posts
13,447 battles
14 minutes ago, piet11111 said:

Christmas containers are your only but unreal chance.

Also never sell premium ships you hate so they cant drop in a container increasing your chance of a better drop.

FIFY

• Cool 1

Players
6,479 posts
10,755 battles
9 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

£4-500 should be enough!

I very much doubt it. unless you already own almost all other premium ships. if you dont, and I suppose a new player like OP doesnt have many of them, you need to multiply that number a couple of times. Either way, if you have all other premiums, you also spend money for those. So the pay barrier to get to a missouri right now is a four-digit-number for sure.

• Cool 1

Players
2,094 posts
13,447 battles
11 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

£4-500 should be enough!

Youll almost certainly get every other premium first!

You have forgotten a few 0s here mate. With a second sentence being true. 

• Cool 1

[SHAD]
Players
2,605 posts
11,639 battles

Possibly. Either way, Missouri is no longer worth it. It earns credits like nothing else  but is just an average battleship nowadays.

• Cool 4

[-R-F-]
Players
72 posts
1,845 battles

Got it!, thanks for the help. I'll just grind and try to spend my money (if any) smart.

[B0TS]
[B0TS]
Beta Tester
177 posts
5,413 battles
9 minutes ago, Harvin87 said:

Got it!, thanks for the help. I'll just grind and try to spend my money (if any) smart.

The Missouri is the best credit earner, but you can still earn a good amount of credits with tier 9 premium ships. I’ve found the Georgia to be a very good earner.

• Cool 1

[LEEUW]
Players
2,353 posts
10,110 battles
1 hour ago, Harvin87 said:

Hello guys,

I'm relatively new to the game and would like to know if there's a way to get the Missouri? I read sometime ago that it was in supercontainers, how true is that?

Thanks.

image.thumb.png.498d5492e76411df44da1300d15d23d6.png

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[SLAPP]
Players
77 posts
16,892 battles

This is from a Reddit post I found:

So this is the personal analysis and predictions I made for this year's Santa Crates. While I do not normally buy lootboxes in games, the Santa crates offer a fairly predictable reward set IF you are starting with most of the ships already and are willing to spend a significant amount of money. I'll walk through my logic and I hope it helps players in similar positions come to a responsible decision.

The starting points, assumptions, objectives

As a guiding principle you can expect to spend $20-25 per ship from lootboxes. It is well known that lower tier ships are far more likely to drop so this math only works if you already own most of them. Obviously if you only buy 20x boxes you could get unlucky and get nothing. That's risky gambling and I won't be doing that. This analysis looks at an expected cost of obtaining EVERY premium based on my starting roster.

I spent around $1200 USD last winter as a new WOWS player to clear out the prize pool and grab all of the exclusive chase-ships so my collection is starting off mostly complete. I suspect other veteran or collectors are starting from a similar position so adjust the numbers as you will.

This is a list of the possible lootbox ships I do not own at present. https://i.imgur.com/igVxl2B.png

There are 23 of them but I can prune off a few below the $23 E.V. from that list.

I also have 15k dubloons left from the 30k+ I got opening last year's boxes. I will value dubloons at the bulk 250 Dubs = $1 amount.

Other than some of the T5s and the Fujin (I already own Kamikaze), every single ship remaining has an individual price of at least $35-50 which far exceeds the ExpectedValue of the Big Gifts. The discontinued ships are not quite priceless but have no concrete value beyond what they mean to the player. Personally I am most valuing JB/Georgia/Enterprise/Benham for obvious reasons but will certainly get play out of most of the rest.

The Plan... - Reduce my missing ship pool as much as possible before spamming BigBoxes to exhaust the list. At this point I am kicking myself for not getting Siroco or Hill for free but I was on a short break from WOWS during those weeks.

With my 15k Dubloons reserve I will buy WV1961 (5.4k dubs with dub coupon), Marblehead (3.4k Dubs), and Exeter (4.3k Dubs). ($53 in dubloons effectively). This removes 3 ships from the loot table and brings down my total to 20 ships.

From here I have a choice - I can additionally buy Yahagi and Viribus Unitus outright for around $20 each or roll for them with RNG. I am inclined to roll for them at that price because the 90% of big boxes that don't have ships DO have other items I would still use (Premium, Camo, rare flags, dubloons, FXP, Coal, etc.) - I get decent value out of the "misses" unless it's the trash tier camo.

So 20 ship drops will take ~200 big boxes or roughly $480. This estimate is actually on the higher end for a few reasons.

1. I do not actually desire Azuma/Friesland/Fujin so if these are the "last" ships I am missing I won't purchase additional bundles.

2. Some boxes will drop dubloons, when buying in bulk these can be reinvested into more boxes. I'll probably aim to keep a 20k Dub reserve for the year and reinvest any additional amount.

Conclusion... I do not believe anyone without the disposable income to secure the prize pool should play with these lootboxes. The variance on individual sets of boxes is simply too high and hoping for a Missouri out of something like $50 is a pipe dream. You should know how to value your money and income. Personally, paying maybe $500 to own "retired" ships and the other premiums, saving like 400k coal grindtime, 2 mil FXP, getting lots of premium and flags is a worthwhile value proposition to where I am at in life. I value the time I wouldn't be grinding for those resources as well.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 2

[-R-F-]
Players
72 posts
1,845 battles

Thank you for that great analysis. I fully get the picture now, I've been spending around 25euros a month since february or so. 

Now, what are the possible rewards you could get in daily random "supercontainers"?. I got like 2 weeks a go 50k free xp.

Players
3,448 posts
4,959 battles
3 hours ago, Harvin87 said:

Hello guys,

Thanks.

Like other people said, maybe big (MAYBE) in Santa crates but chances are very low. I think he is the most rare of all premium ship that could drop from crate.

Back in the days (3-4 years ago) most of players (including myself) got that ship for 750k free EXP as at the time it was the first free EXP ship in the game (Stalingrad came after him).

But then happen something that these days we could call it Jean Bart syndrome - Missouri aka. ''Mighty Mo'' was so popular that WG removed it from game and later added as a Santa gift chance.

I remember when Missouri was a new thing in the game we had animation of Steven Seagal on him as a reference to his Under Siege movie.  He came with ''legendary commander'' Steven Seagal, now known as John Doe.

But later they removed that ship animation and renamed commander to JD because the contract with Seagal ended.

Good old days in this game...

In this HE spam meta Missouri is much harder to play because many if not most players are playing him with W-S keys. Front-reverse. That way ''Mighty Mo'' burn to guickly.

Players
10,038 posts
11,833 battles
1 hour ago, Zip__ said:

The Missouri is the best credit earner, but you can still earn a good amount of credits with tier 9 premium ships. I’ve found the Georgia to be a very good earner.

Best credit earner? Maybe. But is she an actually good ship and fun to play at that? Not exactly.

[B0TS]
[B0TS]
Beta Tester
177 posts
5,413 battles
1 hour ago, Panocek said:

Best credit earner? Maybe. But is she an actually good ship and fun to play at that? Not exactly.

The Missouri is an average ship. The Georgia is a strong ship when played right, and has a very enjoyable play style.

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,147 posts
16,279 battles

The only thing that is going for the Missouri is the credit earning, but since credits economy is comletely broken and you absolutely dont need anything to earn even more credits, Missouri is kinda pointless ..

• Cool 1

Players
2,094 posts
13,447 battles
9 hours ago, Corvi said:

The only thing that is going for the Missouri is the credit earning, but since credits economy is comletely broken and you absolutely dont need anything to earn even more credits, Missouri is kinda pointless ..

Still it's funny to mount 50% extra credits camo plus all cash dragon flags, fail miserably in game with 38k of damage and still net 1mln on the end :cap_haloween:

• Funny 1

[OCTO]
Players
392 posts
8,179 battles
18 hours ago, Harvin87 said:

Hello guys,

Thanks.

Don't bother with Missouri. It is average at best these days combat wise, and the radar gimmick is no longer that important today than it was when released since there are a lot of ships which have longer radar range. It is still the only BB with radar but in order to use it, will require to get dangerously close.

The only true benefit is the credit farming but as others said, you can farm a lot of credits with other T9s premiums which combat wise are better than Mo.

If you want to feel the Mo experience than grind the Iowa ( which has an improved rudder shift time than Mo with the upgraded hull).

Players
322 posts
11 hours ago, Corvi said:

What Battleship MISSOURI has "going" for her is that unlike most other high Tier ships in WOWS she was the last completed and commissioned USA Battleship, she played a role in history and she still exists today. Moreover MISSOURI was adapted to serve as Fleet Flagship and she was the Flagship of Admiral of the Fleet Admiral W. Halsey, one of only four Fleet Admirals in the Navy of the USA. In that sense the MISSOURI can be considered to have been the "pride" of the Navy of the USA when she was commissioned on 11 June 1944 and at least up till the end of WW2. Not to mention that the Japanese formal surrender was signed aboard the MISSOURI.

A Flagship is a ship that has been specially adapted to have additional accomodations and facilites for the Fleet Staff of an Admiral, which could be up till 120-150 men strong. The additional Flagship facilities normally include a separate signals/radio room, plotting room, coding/decoding facilites, Fleet Staff cabins, and a separate "Admiral's bridge" from where the Admiral and his staff command a fleet. These are in addition to the "normal" signals/radio room, plotting room and coding/decoding facilites aboard every warship. And in addition to the "Bridge" aboard every warship from where the Commander of a ship commands his ship from.

So for those WOWS players that are interested in real-world warships the MISSOURI is important, and it is a sad state of affairs that this ship is not "normally" available in the WOWS but only via a ridiculous money-grab "loot box" system.

Add to that the Battleship MUSASHI, another ship that can only be obtained via "loot boxes".

MUSASHI, like MISSOURI in the Navy of the USA, was the last completed and commissioned Battleship in the Japanse Navy, she played a role in history, and was both the Fleet Flagship and the "pride" of the Japanese Navy. She was the younger and improved sister to Battleship YAMATO and had improvements that YAMATO did not have because she was the first completed and thus older sister ship. MUSASHI - like MISSOURI - was adapted to serve as Fleet Flagship. Interestingly MUSASHI was specially modified to serve as the Flagship for the entire Japanse Combined Fleet (so more or less the whole Japanese Navy), in other words the primary Flagship of the Commander-in-Chief of the Japanese Navy (Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto at the time). Her older sister YAMATO had not been modified to serve as Fleet Flagship in the way MUSASHI was, but had served in that role. Some of the other improvements that MUSASHI had over YAMATO were improvements in the secondary battery armour. After MUSASHI had finished her "working up" period she immediately replaced her older sister YAMATO as Fleet Flagship of the Combined Fleet commanded by Admiral Yamamoto on 11 February 1943. YAMATO only became Fleet Flagship again after MUSASHI was sunk.

So the latest and most modern Battleships of the Navy of the Empire of Japan and the USA, which were their Fleet Flagships and their "pride" of the Fleet are BOTH not "normally" available to any player in WOWS, a game about "Battleships".

How ironic.

• Cool 1

Players
49 posts
2,869 battles
18 hours ago, IlljustcallhimDave said:

This is from a Reddit post I found:

I spent around $1200 USD last winter as a new WOWS player 

Jeeeeesus!

• Cool 3

Players
217 posts
10,013 battles

"So the latest and most modern Battleships of the Navy of the Empire of Japan and the USA, which were their Fleet Flagships and their "pride" of the Fleet are BOTH not "normally" available to any player in WOWS, a game about "Battleships""

Same with Cruisers, Belfast and Mikhail Kutuzov are both real ships and still exist but they are now in the WOWS Christmas Gulag (Mikhail Kutuzov is now preserved as a military museum ship in Novorossiysk, Russia according to the Wiki

Meanwhile we get a torrent of paper ships..... :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 2

[I-J-N]
Players
4,754 posts
1 hour ago, arcticstorm123 said:

"So the latest and most modern Battleships of the Navy of the Empire of Japan and the USA, which were their Fleet Flagships and their "pride" of the Fleet are BOTH not "normally" available to any player in WOWS, a game about "Battleships""

Same with Cruisers, Belfast and Mikhail Kutuzov are both real ships and still exist but they are now in the WOWS Christmas Gulag (Mikhail Kutuzov is now preserved as a military museum ship in Novorossiysk, Russia according to the Wiki

Meanwhile we get a torrent of paper ships..... :Smile_teethhappy:

You wouldn't believe what a treasure trove of previously unheard of ships the Lesta Cafeteria has proven to be! :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

Players
577 posts
3,102 battles
21 hours ago, Harvin87 said:

Hello guys,

Thanks.

Yes Xmas crates

I have no doubt she will roll out again. Prepare to gamble spend a lot though if you don't have preceeding ships. I spent a fortune to get Benham and Fujin and they literally were the last to roll for me!

Sign in to follow this