Sign in to follow this  
Larky2k

RNG needs a little toning down

9 comments in this topic

[WAFU]
Weekend Tester
184 posts
1,269 battles

Ok in my last few matches RNG has decoded to royally screw me over everytime. Here is a list of what i remember from my battles 

1. Full broadside into Enemy Battleship with my Battleship do the grand total of 0 dmg or my best one 4km away and all shots missed. This happens a lot. (WTF)

2. Full broadside into a Des Moines with 4k health hit with my Baltimore 9 shots hit all AP did 1000 dmg then did it for the next 3 broadsides and he hit me for 10k every time (WFT)

3. 1 Shell hits my Baltimore doing 12k damage so use my Battle repair skill to bring my health back up so what does it repair 1000 dmg thats it can have games where they did 1000 damage and it repair 15k of damage to get me back to full health. (was on half health at the time and my skill just came back from cooldown.) (WTF)

4. My personal favorite any battle ship on the US line up to T6 cant hit a broadside of a barn from any range and on average with me do 300 dmg when shots hit.

Wargaming any chance can the RNG be toned down as its not making the game fun at the moment, it is making it very frustrating where you as a player can't hit anything and the other team seem to be able to hit a penny at 100 miles blind folded with one handed tied behind their back.

• Cool 1

Players
1,497 posts
2,586 battles

just remember the enemy team playes the same game wich mean that they have the same RNG sometimes you get lucky others you dont

[-RFA-]
Alpha Tester
237 posts
9,568 battles

1. Full broadside into Enemy Battleship with my Battleship do the grand total of 0 dmg or my best one 4km away and all shots missed. This happens a lot. (WTF)

This happens because the armour of the enemy BB worked, since 0.3.1 we do no longer get any kind of "kenetic" dmg, so you hit the hard armour, and your shell bounced of.

2. Full broadside into a Des Moines with 4k health hit with my Baltimore 9 shots hit all AP did 1000 dmg then did it for the next 3 broadsides and he hit me for 10k every time (WFT)

Same thing, but one of your shells went in... Bad luck really

3. 1 Shell hits my Baltimore doing 12k damage so use my Battle repair skill to bring my health back up so what does it repair 1000 dmg thats it can have games where they did 1000 damage and it repair 15k of damage to get me back to full health. (was on half health at the time and my skill just came back from cooldown.) (WTF)

Not sure, but your battle repair will only do a % of lost hp... However who much I am not sure, and it would be great if WarGaming gave some info on this.

4. My personal favorite any battle ship on the US line up to T6 cant hit a broadside of a barn from any range and on average with me do 300 dmg when shots hit.

Then learn to shoot, it is not that hard, or use HE shells, they will do some dmg.

It is of course not fair to say that "you should learn to shoot", but my point is most of us have these ships, and do both dmg, and plenty of it...

If you keep getting bad results, then there is a fair point to be made that you have somehow failed to use your guns in the intended way... 

Edited by J_Fuller

[WAFU]
Weekend Tester
184 posts
1,269 battles

It is of course not fair to say that "you should learn to shoot", but my point is most of us have these ships, and do both dmg, and plenty of it...

If you keep getting bad results, then there is a fair point to be made that you have somehow failed to use your guns in the intended way... 

I know how to play its just the american BB the shells just won't land where i shoot. I very good at guessing how far in front at any range to hit dead centre of the ship. The shell refuse to land in the same post code. I could fire thousands of shell and 99.99999999% of the shell will land behind and infront missing by miles even at 4km range i've had it happen. i just had a game laned 150 sells on target in the game did 1000 damage in all the battles i thought even had HE doing 0 damage. see what i mean by it needs toning down yes we got Armour which is great its just when you see your shots pen and do damage on a BB. 

[-RFA-]
Alpha Tester
237 posts
9,568 battles

Well I can't help you mate... My shells behave within reason on my ships.

I think you just have had some bad luck then

Beta Tester
4,198 posts
9,514 battles

On point #3.

Afaik, the repair cannot repair damage due to flooding or citadel explosions, much like it cannot repair guns that are destroyed. It represents patching battle damage, not fixing things you'd need to be in drydock to do anything about.

[SINC]
Beta Tester
85 posts
4,005 battles

it'd be nice if my paired guns would actually fly in parallel and not all crisscrossed. it'd be also nice not to miss point blank, when my shells fly over-under the target. it'd also be very nice to know just how much you're going to repair your bb for (i just used a crew to repair 50 hps? are you bloody screwing with me?). right now all of your shots can hit the citadel and send your enemy to the bottom with just one volley, half a minute later they will all land in citadel area and do NO damage whatsoever. 

when you see that your skill has NO impact on your game, you want to stop playing (and start punching). i really do no want the game to devolve into "rng simulator 2015"

Beta Tester
37 posts
1,095 battles

I to kind of agree with some complains about the RNG, in some occasions it just dosent reward the better player for his skills and just makes the game suck...How many times you range in on the enemy and when you unload a full salvo  you just splice him even tho your range was perfect or same thing happens at close range agains dd  one shel goes under him  one over him ..:amazed:or maybe 1 shot and your detonated and back to port....or flip it the other side..10 hits  and 0 dmg (don't think a ship can take 10  203mm shells and sail away with just a broken antenna). But how about fire...took a salvo and poof fire...used my r kit,,,took second salvo and fire again...burning happily for the next m or so and deed same thing to others, but then tried same thing on a BB and during the time it took me to kill him in a cruiser using only he didn't set him on fire once. 

They are other thing that can be tweaked so not to be so chaotic.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this