Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SeaOfWar

Lenin, does it worth?

28 comments in this topic

[KMSGE]
Players
13 posts
1,075 battles

Hey guys, this is my first post and I have a question for the community of WOWs. I want to buy a premium battleship, in order to get more credits. But I'm not sure which to buy. I thought Lenin Tier VIII Battleship could be interesting but don't know if it's the best choice. What do you think about this battleship? Does it worth to buy her?

If you people know a best alternative, let me know please. Other suggestions are very welcome. Thanks!

• Funny 1

Players
322 posts
10,947 battles

you already got the alabama…… imo in my opinion you should just play the game at some lower tiers, across a few lines see what you like, and learn the game

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
26,741 posts
14,367 battles

Lenin is a good ship.

You should ask yourself if you are ready for her and Tier VIII gameplay.

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Players
9,832 posts
8,982 battles

You already have several premiums. You wont magicially get a super ship by buying one. Luckily, that doesnt exist in WoWs.

The best results you will get with a ship you are comfortable in. And you lack experience, so best bet is to just play the game, learn stuff, see what you like, then pick accordingly.

• Cool 1

[BRITS]
Beta Tester
346 posts
7,084 battles

Kii+Kobayashi camo or Georgia or Warspite+it's special camo

[SHAD]
Players
2,587 posts
11,566 battles

I think Lenin is one of the best T8 battleships at the moment.

[KMSGE]
Players
13 posts
1,075 battles
27 minutos antes, DFens_666 dijo:

You already have several premiums. You wont magicially get a super ship by buying one. Luckily, that doesnt exist in WoWs.

The best results you will get with a ship you are comfortable in. And you lack experience, so best bet is to just play the game, learn stuff, see what you like, then pick accordingly.

I got most of them for free, the only ships that I bought were Texas (in an offer) and Alabama and I didn't do bad with this Tier VIII ship, although I need to learn more, yes. I'll learn more and then I'll see. Thanks.

[KMSGE]
Players
13 posts
1,075 battles
42 minutos antes, VeryHonarbrah dijo:

you already got the alabama…… imo in my opinion you should just play the game at some lower tiers, across a few lines see what you like, and learn the game

33 minutos antes, ColonelPete dijo:

Lenin is a good ship.

You should ask yourself if you are ready for her and Tier VIII gameplay.

As the comment above said, I have the Alabama and I enjoy this ship very much. Also I have two Tier VII battleships (Nagato and King George V) so I thought that there wouldn't be much difference with Tier VIII. Maybe I can be wrong.

[LEEUW]
[LEEUW]
Players
456 posts
7,347 battles
1 hour ago, SeaOfSteel said:

Alabama and I didn't do bad with this Tier VIII ship

Well you kidda did. Winrate is good, but avg damage and kills (those 2 are most important for credit earning) are not. So most likely the team carried you here and there.

The thing about credits is; The better you do, the more credits you make.

As been said, you can buy the best ships in the game, if you can't handle them, you still won't make loads of credits.

Players
2,900 posts

Kremlin, Lenin, Sinop,  are for me the best Russian BBs and retrospectively probably at the top of their tiers with a couple of exceptions situationaly.

[SHAFT]
Players
9,832 posts
8,982 battles
1 minute ago, lossi_2018 said:

Kremlin, Lenin, Sinop,  are for me the best Russian BBs and retrospectively probably at the top of their tiers with a couple of exceptions situationaly.

I think Kremlin is garbage :Smile_hiding:

Players
2,900 posts
1 minute ago, DFens_666 said:

I think Kremlin is garbage :Smile_hiding:

Ok, sure. I don't have it but it is always a pain to deal with. Lots of good ships at that tier anyway no argument :)

[SHAFT]
Players
9,832 posts
8,982 battles
6 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

Ok, sure. I don't have it but it is always a pain to deal with. Lots of good ships at that tier anyway no argument :)

I dont know what it is, but the dispersion is absolutely horrible. You get 1 good salvo every 3 games or so...

Players
2,900 posts
1 hour ago, DFens_666 said:

I dont know what it is, but the dispersion is absolutely horrible. You get 1 good salvo every 3 games or so...

I'm almost at Sojuz and was going full steam ahead for it my first new BB in months, maybe I pull the plug for a bit.

Players
1,538 posts
7,132 battles

I liked Vlad the most from the Russian line.

1,585 posts
14,680 battles

This might go against the grain but I really don't think Russian BBs are very good for beginners. They are very tough and undeniably powerful but the issue is that positioning mistakes get punished really hard. The only BBs I still regularly see getting dev struck are the Ruskies.

I would still go with German BBs as the best line for new players.

Obviously German BBs don't have as much potential as the Russians but then again someone just starting out won't reach their potential anyway.

• Cool 1

[RODS]
Players
1,293 posts
7,261 battles

Its as good as they get for its tier

Has weaknesses and strengths

I would rank it among the top 3-4 premium tier 8 BB:s

What is there ? (from best to worst)

Massachusettes, Tirpitz, Alabama, Lenin, Roma, Kii, Gascogne, and Vanguard 

• Cool 1

Players
194 posts
3,426 battles
23 ore fa, SeaOfSteel ha scritto:

Hey guys, this is my first post and I have a question for the community of WOWs. I want to buy a premium battleship, in order to get more credits. But I'm not sure which to buy. I thought Lenin Tier VIII Battleship could be interesting but don't know if it's the best choice. What do you think about this battleship? Does it worth to buy her?

If you people know a best alternative, let me know please. Other suggestions are very welcome. Thanks!

No offense, but you should ask yourself if you are ready for her.
I realy liked the ship. It litterally annihilates cruisers (also angled) and does tons of damage also to bb. mobility isn't really awesome, and your armor really works when  proprerly angled. Just know that bow tanking at mid range will be far preferable than giving too much broadside. If you are still the kind who gives too much of it) you'd better get a Tirpitz, which is more forgiving on this regard.
Consider also that torps might be a serious problem.
That being said, the guns would be your bread and butter btw and that 360° turret mobility is a blessing that almost no bb in the game has

• Cool 1

[MORIA]
Players
7,344 posts
36,590 battles

You need to get into T7 at least in Soviet BBs line (Sinop) and then decide if Lenin will be good for you. Cause now you the Gangut, so play more on those ships.

[RODS]
Players
1,293 posts
7,261 battles
22 hours ago, SeaOfSteel said:

As the comment above said, I have the Alabama and I enjoy this ship very much. Also I have two Tier VII battleships (Nagato and King George V) so I thought that there wouldn't be much difference with Tier VIII. Maybe I can be wrong.

A lot of (problematic) ships that u wont ever meet in a tier 7 ship

Zaö, Hindenburg, Smolensk, Des Moins, Minotaur, Puerto Rico, Thunderer, Ohio, Montana, GK, Conqueror, Kremlin, Republique, Harugumo, Kleber,  Halland, Shimakaze,  Daring

And then we have the tier 10 CV:s...

[SHAD]
Players
2,587 posts
11,566 battles
3 minutes ago, Ronchabale said:

A lot of (problematic) ships that u wont ever meet in a tier 7 ship

Zaö, Hindenburg, Smolensk, Des Moins, Minotaur, Puerto Rico, Thunderer, Ohio, Montana, GK, Conqueror, Kremlin, Republique, Harugumo, Kleber,  Halland, Shimakaze,  Daring

And then we have the tier 10 CV:s...

But you meet very few battleships that can overmatch you all over!

[KMSGE]
Players
13 posts
1,075 battles
4 horas antes, _Teob_ dijo:

I would still go with German BBs as the best line for new players.

Yes, German BBs are a solid choice for "beginners" but I'm close to get Gneisenau, so I prefer go for Bismarck and don't spend money in almost the same battleship (premium Tirpirtz).

4 horas antes, Ronchabale dijo:

Massachusettes, Tirpitz, Alabama, Lenin, Roma, Kii, Gascogne, and Vanguard 

Interesting but why Massachusetts best than Alabama? Alabama has accurate guns and a nice anti-torpedo protection. 

• Cool 1

[RODS]
Players
1,293 posts
7,261 battles
2 minutes ago, SeaOfSteel said:

Yes, German BBs are a solid choice for "beginners" but I'm close to get Gneisenau, so I prefer go for Bismarck and don't spend money in almost the same battleship (premium Tirpirtz).

Interesting but why Massachusetts best than Alabama? Alabama has accurate guns and a nice anti-torpedo protection. 

Yeah, but that is me, if you want a tier 8 sniper BB u will be better off with the North Carolina 

[RODS]
Players
1,293 posts
7,261 battles
20 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

But you meet very few battleships that can overmatch you all over!

But u are gonna burn tho (or turn away and show that juicy broadside)

Sign in to follow this