You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.

21 comments in this topic

Players
20 posts
2,951 battles

Hi...i m member in the WOW's community from August 2016 (I have another account too...Lady_godiva_s )

Back there the game was funny...generally you could distinguish  a good player from a medium or bad one...we had some radars and many close range Hydro's but in most cases the battle resault depends in good or bad moves or mistakes of captains.

RADAR's..CAN someone explain to a poor blonde female captain in which parallel UNIVERSE a RADAR can penetrate solid rocks,even entire mountains W/O even blind spot or corners?

OK i understant,this is a arcade game.Back in 2016 its ok..we had 2-3 radars to fight against...NOW?At 2020? You bring the ridiculous Smolensk and other "ship's"like that to destroy any strategy,any gameplay,any fun of your game.Every bad player get one and suddenly became"Good"...Fake Xp's,fake captains!

WE NEED RADAR JAMMERS,especially at your old DD lines(IJN German and US ),we need to push a button and we can jamming the radars for at least 15 sec.The time who needs a DD to gain the full speed,so he can have any chance to survive in a world of Radar's (WOR's,your new name W.G)

OR make radars to behave naturally,like science demands.A DD should stay invisible when is in the other side of a big mountain island.

I think Radar jammers its easier for you to make.

And then consider pls in to how you remove the ridiculous "overpenetrated"from DD's....When A YAMATO fires at 6 Km to a DD....DD should evaporated with both AP or HE 460 shells...its SIMPLE...DD makes mistake and should pay for this....Hallands Marceu's and other arrogant DD's who came below 10 km from a BB- because they depend in overpenetrate -should pay the price!

Thank  you for your time

Yianna

• Cool 4

[CATS]
Players
26,667 posts
14,305 battles

We have radar long enough in the game. There was even a time when we had more radar ships per battle than we have now.

DD players adapted and played on.

And yes, BB AP overpens DD. That is nothing new or surprising. Feel free to change ammunition and not use one tool for everything.

[SKRUB]
Players
550 posts
21,119 battles

What you call science don't work in a video game (gravity, light etc...) and WG already try the solid rock block radar and they dismiss the idea after testing it. 

Also where is the fun to create an anti consumable ?

Will you be happy, if i remove one of your repear party, after i use my anti repear consumable ?

• Cool 3

[LEEUW]
Players
30 posts
2,453 battles
25 minutes ago, Varate_me_k_as_Klaiw said:

generally you could distinguish  a good player from a medium or bad one

Still can, except most of the players are really bad nowadays.

26 minutes ago, Varate_me_k_as_Klaiw said:

in most cases the battle resault depends in good or bad moves or mistakes of captains.

In most cases the battle results depends on who has the most potatoes in their team that die within 3 minutes.

27 minutes ago, Varate_me_k_as_Klaiw said:

Back in 2016 its ok..we had 2-3 radars to fight against...NOW?At 2020? You bring the ridiculous Smolensk and other "ship's"like that to destroy any strategy,any gameplay,any fun of your game.Every bad player get one and suddenly became"Good"...Fake Xp's,fake captains!

Smolensk doesnt have radar.....

A bad player in a smolensk or a stalingrad or whatever ship is still a bad player. 

28 minutes ago, Varate_me_k_as_Klaiw said:

The time who needs a DD to gain the full speed,so he can have any chance to survive in a world of Radar's (WOR's,your new name W.G)

or....don't get caught with your pants down as a dd captain, like most good players do.

29 minutes ago, Varate_me_k_as_Klaiw said:

OR make radars to behave naturally,like science demands.A DD should stay invisible when is in the other side of a big mountain island.

How about hydro detecting ships through mountains? Planes i cannot see spotting me? How about magically rearming torpedoes in the middle of the sea? Etc. etc.

31 minutes ago, Varate_me_k_as_Klaiw said:

And then consider pls in to how you remove the ridiculous "overpenetrated"from DD's....

because its OP and unbalanced: I dont know how many times my DD got evaporated by some potato BB because one of his shells armed at max range and did 75% of my hp. Its ridiculous.

32 minutes ago, Varate_me_k_as_Klaiw said:

its SIMPLE...DD makes mistake and should pay for this....

Like staying in radar range? Ah got it. :cat_cool:

You look into the passed through pink glasses: "Back in my day things were better...."

• Cool 3

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,346 posts
25,654 battles

Must agree on BB v DD thing, but radar is fine as it is.

[SM0KE]
Players
5,531 posts
13,790 battles
1 hour ago, Varate_me_k_as_Klaiw said:

WE NEED RADAR JAMMERS

We don't need jammers IMO (plus WG won't be keen - I imagine the needed coding would be extensive); what might have some legs is chaff - a consumable that's a direct alternative to smoke in all respects (to keep it simple), or maybe exclude engine/creeping smoke:

• Before battle, you choose either smoke or chaff.
  • Smoke continues as before, while chaff does exactly the same thing, only impacting radar only and not vision.

Personally, I would still take smoke in that scenario, but that's me; quite apart from anything else, I don't view radar as excessive, but the lesser of two evils (CVs - their spotting specifically - being far more of an issue).

Players
2,081 posts
13,339 battles

Good DD players: We can deal with radar very well. All we need is no more USA CL split line style stealth radar cruisers, especially not with laser guns on the top. 

WG: Hold my beer. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SEN]
Players
795 posts
7 hours ago, xxNihilanxx said:

1020244656_radarjam.jpg.c4af69658eda75e0e5c5ec886c177ecb.jpg

First at all, you must explain how it works man !

The procedure is old, is intensively used on the murican magic destroyer Zumwalt and on F35 fighter.

But is very expensive ( you need over 1 000 000 cans of concentrated Strawberry Jam,  reason why F35 needs over 80h maintenance after each mission - you need a lot of technicians and cooks to apply the Radar Jamming over all surfaces.

Not to ignore the fact this only work with fresh butter, if not the coatting Jamm will crack and fall over time .

Reason why a F35 cost so much, and US only produced 3 Zumwalt stealth destroyers equipped with stealth, anti-radar Jamming coating, at the cost of 1 billion each.

Sadly, WeeGee decided not to use this miracle device since are no more cans of concentrated Strawberry,  all production is used now to Jamm the F35 fighter Jets and the 3 Zumwalt destroyers.

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,376 posts
17,664 battles

Honestly a radar jammer is an interesting mechanic, though perhaps more suited for a support cruiser and large destroyers more than anything else. If anything, it will bring more build variety to competitive play. Quite frankly, radar ships have always sat a bit poorly with me. Comparing the Ibuki to the Donskoi, for example. The Ibuki is somewhat equivalent to the Donskoi as functional HE and AP platforms, and yet the Donskoi just gets a radar on top of all that. Having jammers introduced into the game, especially with the addition of stealth radar, might be a beneficial addition. 

Players
52 posts
136 battles

If a radar jammer gets implemented,

then I would suggest that we also get a device that makes the radar jammer inoperable.

image.png.22d0c567806a7923baa034231679883c.png

• Cool 1

[4_0_4]
Players
7,587 posts
13,736 battles

An anti-consumable makes no sense.

It's just as useless as DefAA if no carrier is present.

Radar can be played around, while I still don't like WGs decision to make islands not block radar, I don't have that much of a problem with it.

[ONE2]
Players
3,084 posts
21,477 battles

But... We already have one, it is called "Cooldown time". Very effective, just use it to your advantage. Totally works. :Smile_great:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[DIV-1]
[DIV-1]
Players
186 posts
7,860 battles

Honestly I think WG should just do more their best and make radar line of sight, seeing all around the ship except the field of view which the islands are blocking. Nothing is impossible. We can't shoot or see/spot through islands right from our ship point of view, the server can see where the ship is and knows where the islands are, so why isn't it possible to make radar work by NOT seeing through islands. It's maybe difficult to program but if that's the reason and WG thinks: OK we won't do that, we rather spit out 10 new premium ships and earn more and more money..... that's just lazy programming and having wrong priorities for a good and better game quality. There are always difficult problems in any job, including in those of a programmer. I don't believe it's impossible to program a radar mechanic that doesn't see through islands. If the devs tell that I think the devs are either not good enough or just don't want to spend time on it.

[OZYR]
[OZYR]
Players
719 posts
13,573 battles
23 hours ago, Lebedjev said:

What you call science don't work in a video game (gravity, light etc...) and WG already try the solid rock block radar and they dismiss the idea after testing it. 

Also where is the fun to create an anti consumable ?

Will you be happy, if i remove one of your repear party, after i use my anti repear consumable ?

Erm....you mean DFAA? While its worthless today, it IS an anti-consumable consumable.

[OZYR]
[OZYR]
Players
719 posts
13,573 battles
14 hours ago, Zemeritt said:

An anti-consumable makes no sense.

It's just as useless as DefAA if no carrier is present.

Actually that thing is worthless even with Cv present, so....

Players
130 posts
15,583 battles

I think 12 km radars are overpowered. If 2 or more Russian radars are among enemy team, I cant relocate my DD. After running from 1 radar, other 12 km radar catch me in WTF situation. 

Players
130 posts
15,583 battles
Just now, SSGdoncollier said:

I think 12 km radars are overpowered. If 2 or more Russian radars are among enemy team, I cant relocate my DD. After running from 1 radar, other 12 km radar catch me in WTF situation. 

9 and 10 km radars are not that problematic. 

Players
574 posts
3,098 battles
This is my song when I play my beloved DDs

I've been drivin' all night, my hand's wet on the wheel
There's a voice in my head that drives my heel
It's my baby callin', says I need you here
And it's a half past four and I'm shiftin' gear
When she is lonely and the longing gets too much
She sends a cable comin' in from above
Don't need no phone at all

We've got a thing that's called radar love
We've got a wave in the air, radar love
The radio is playing some forgotten song
Brenda Lee's comin' on strong

The road has got me hypnotized
And I'm speedin' into a new sunrise
When I get lonely and I'm sure I've had enough
She sends her comfort comin' in from above

We don't need no letter at all
We've got a light in the sky, radar love

No more speed, I'm almost there
Gotta keep cool now, gotta take care
Last car to pass, here I go

And the line of cars drove down real slow
And the radio played that forgotten song
Brenda Lee's comin' on strong
And the newsman sang his same song
Oh one more radar lover gone

When I get lonely and I'm sure I've had enough
She sends her comfort comin' in from above
We don't need no letter at all

We've got a light in the sky

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,596 posts
24,000 battles

...been a while since we had this one lol (this is like too much 2016 or such lol).... same'ol no on same'ol same'ol....