Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Mr_Sukebe

WG, please SORT out the MM and STOP teams with 2 more ships

17 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
137 posts
1 battles

This is REAL easy.

The team with fewer ships MIGHT have better ships.  They also have LESS DPM and by a decent margin.  Very easy to overwhelm the stragglers of the team with fewer ships.

The results invariably are in favour of the team with more ships.

Please, DEAL with it and stop it. Surely it can't be that hard.

Oh, yes, this is CONSTRUCTIVE criticism...

• Cool 2

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,683 posts
7,227 battles

So you're prepared to wait a long time in the queue?

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

This is REAL easy.

The team with fewer ships MIGHT have better ships.  They also have LESS DPM and by a decent margin.  Very easy to overwhelm the stragglers of the team with fewer ships.

The results invariably are in favour of the team with more ships.

Please, DEAL with it and stop it. Surely it can't be that hard.

Oh, yes, this is CONSTRUCTIVE criticism...

Considering how relatively few people we still have in queue at anytime other then prime time, I don't see how MM can be more picky.

Even more, aren't the dev's purposely creating these matchups to gather statistical data on if it can be balanced ( more/fewer ships/classes )? That is my impression at least, also I think I read something which would confirm that but that might just be confirmation bias :hiding:

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
170 posts
3,612 battles

Yes, I would like to wait longer in queue for a good battle, otherwise, you have to go into a battle you know you can not win, then wait for it to be over after you die, so it would result in less waiting.

One more thing, on Hot spots, please make sure the team is even split on the two spawnpoints, I have had a few times, where I have been spawned in a very small group, 3-5 guys, one battleship, and then we meet a group of 4-5 battleships and the US battleships are not very good at running away.

Beta Tester
137 posts
1 battles

So you're prepared to wait a long time in the queue?

Why would changing the MM lengthen the queue?

CLEARLY the players/ships are available as MM managed to form up the game it did.

What it isn't doing is creating fair teams.  Uneven numbers, or massively more top tier ships on one team really aren't cool.  Had a game earlier today where the enemy had 7 top tier, T7 ships, we had 3.  Yeah, of course that's a fair fight.

So, I'll say it again.  Changing the MM will NOT necessarily make the queue worse.  The MM clearly needs a serious overhaul bearing in mind the teams it's creating.

[MIMI]
Beta Tester
723 posts
2,861 battles

Most importantly more ships means a tremendous advantage in the game modes where it is all about capping, which currently encompass about 80% of my battles regrettably. Whats even worse than ship imbalance is DD imbalance in those mods, both go hand in hand usually because the extra ships one side gets are often DDs.

And yes, I would really rather wait a minute or three longer for a decent match than to get into what is basically a foregone conclusion because one side has more ships/more DDs in Domination or Encounter in about 40% of my matches.

Add to that that higher tier ships are not neccessarily much if at all stronger (Cleveland vs. higher tier US cruisers, Fuso, almost all DDs from tier4 on), and having more ships is a MUCH bigger advantage than having higher tier ones.

Edited by Kruzenstern

[SARMA]
Beta Tester
486 posts
2,428 battles

could also even out the aircraft carrier numbers on each team. i get a lot of matches recently where only one team has an aircraft carrier(s). the team without one will lose almost guaranteed...

Beta Tester
110 posts
2,529 battles

Why would changing the MM lengthen the queue?

CLEARLY the players/ships are available as MM managed to form up the game it did.

What it isn't doing is creating fair teams.  Uneven numbers, or massively more top tier ships on one team really aren't cool.  Had a game earlier today where the enemy had 7 top tier, T7 ships, we had 3.  Yeah, of course that's a fair fight.

So, I'll say it again.  Changing the MM will NOT necessarily make the queue worse.  The MM clearly needs a serious overhaul bearing in mind the teams it's creating.

I'm sorry but you're wrong. That's like saying if you add more questions to a questionnaire, it won't take any longer to fill. It's not true. The current MM is putting together matches reasonably quickly is because it's quite lax, but it's creating unbalanced matches as a result, as you said in your post.  

Adding more parameters to a MM system will increase the time taken for it to create a match in order to fulfil those new parameters. More criteria needs to be met before it can create a match.

Edit: Has anyone else seen the MM create strange matches when platoons of different tiered ships are together? 

Edited by KillSlim

[EIRE]
[EIRE]
Beta Tester
326 posts
19,181 battles

It depends on the tier I guess. Later tiers I find tend to give with the higher tier ships

Weekend Tester
48 posts
157 battles

I'm sorry but you're wrong. That's like saying if you add more questions to a questionnaire, it won't take any longer to fill. It's not true. The current MM is putting together matches reasonably quickly is because it's quite lax, but it's creating unbalanced matches as a result, as you said in your post.  

Adding more parameters to a MM system will increase the time taken for it to create a match in order to fulfil those new parameters. More criteria needs to be met before it can create a match.

Edit: Has anyone else seen the MM create strange matches when platoons of different tiered ships are together? 

Platoons work like in WoT i think, i've seen t3 ships in t8-10 battles when they platoon with higher tier ships. But you don't need platoons to spot weirdness, matches with a single CV in battle, lone t9 ships dropped into teams with the rest of the ppl being 6 or lower, battles where no CV, DD present(8 BB 4 CA i've had) and so on.

MM doesn't screw up too often but enough to notice, just like in WoT.

Weekend Tester
85 posts
6 battles

Still, if a questionnaire is longer, it doesn't cause that much headache , but when I constantly end up with tier 9 ships in my Farragut ( tier 6 ) and I have absolutely no chance of actually hitting anything, cause I'll be busy evading ships and can't stop for a moment to shoot anything ... suuuuureeee ....

The thing is, I dunno how accurate WGs "matchup screen" is, but when there are ~ 100 ships in my "original" MM queue , thet would be tier 5-7 , then why does it take a minute to form a game where I'm 3 tiers lower then 30% of my and the enemy team ? :P

Edit: Same thing on my Pensacola, :/ after a while, when I'm the only tier 7 , the rest are tier 8 , 9 , or even a tier 10 ... yay, that's fun.

Edited by Oldum

Weekend Tester
85 posts
6 battles

I'm also really sick and tierd for being a Tier 5 in a Tier 9 match.  

I mean, cummon!

This is the moment when I'm glad I didn't spend a single cent on this "CBT" yet ...

[EIRE]
[EIRE]
Beta Tester
326 posts
19,181 battles

Anyone have the impression they're mostly the bottom tier ship in a match? I seem to be continually a couple of tiers below the highest. I realize that this cannot be possible in the laws of probability and is more to do with psychology...

Alpha Tester
467 posts

If it only were 2 mode ships, imagine playing on a Dom-Map and the enemy having 3 DDs more than your team...

Beta Tester
137 posts
1 battles

Did I ask for MM to be complicated even further?  Nope.  I asked for it to be overhauled.  It's clearly NOT fit for purpose on a good deal of matches.

And I'll say this again, the current MM is pulling together the ships into a game, but then FAILING to allocate them correctly to appropriate teams.  Pulling the ships together is the complex bit.  Allocation SHOULD be easy.  That's just poor logic being used within the existing MM.  I can't understand why you're trying to defend it.  If it's NOT working the way it should be, then we should be saying so.

Beta Tester
1,500 posts
4,666 battles

Well I've been on the winning side of a battle where my team was two down in the start.

And I've been on the losing side of a battle where my team was two up in the start.

So ... I really can't say that there is a huge problem.

Issue we have currently is that so many players want to grind the new US BB's and thus there are too many BB's in the queue.

Take out your CA's or DD's and have fun. :)

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this