Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
wot_2016_gunner

PSA: Moskva for 244.000 coal

22 comments in this topic

Players
1,612 posts
3,235 battles

Again from Flamu

Moskva will be for 244k coal. 

Wasn't it the same price of Smolensk? 

• Boring 1

Players
1,549 posts
7,204 battles

It seems to be an ok price. Where can you already see the coal price (i.e. where is that screenshot coming from)?

Players
1,612 posts
3,235 battles
17 minuti fa, Ocsimano18 ha scritto:

It seems to be an ok price. Where can you already see the coal price (i.e. where is that screenshot coming from)?

Flamu shared it in Twitter and Discord; I don't know where he took it from.

It does seem an okay price to me as well.

[DREAD]
Players
658 posts

Considering, that the prices were for other Tier 10 coal cruisers always around 228-248k coal, I would say, the price is by itself for a Tier 10 special ship OK. would I buy it over Thunderer or Yoshino? Probably not.

Players
10,041 posts
11,833 battles
11 minutes ago, Bunny_Lover_Kallen said:

Reasonable pricing. Reasonable ship.

In era of broken ships, merely "reasonable" or merely "balanced" doesn't really cut it, does it?:cap_yes:

• Cool 3

[SHAD]
Players
2,615 posts
11,677 battles
22 minutes ago, josykay said:

Considering, that the prices were for other Tier 10 coal cruisers always around 228-248k coal, I would say, the price is by itself for a Tier 10 special ship OK. would I buy it over Thunderer or Yoshino? Probably not.

Right now it's the cheapest T10 freeXP ship ever, I do hope all that want it are aware of what is happening.

Players
8,199 posts
9,087 battles
19 minutes ago, Panocek said:

In era of broken ships, merely "reasonable" or merely "balanced" doesn't really cut it, does it?:cap_yes:

Depends on circumstances. If you are looking at first coal purchases, Moskva certainly isn't it. If you look past the Thunderer and Georgia, Moskva is worth considering though and the other T10 cruiser options in the arsenal aren't exactly more useful. Yoshino is more novel, but not more powerful really.

And if you look at competitive, any season without CVs, Moskva has been a reasonable pick. And while Nevsky and Petro are both new strong additions, they aren't replacing what Moskva does. Kind of similar to how DM and Salem are reasonable ships that have been solid performers without being OP.

[OMPG]
Beta Tester
349 posts
6,326 battles
3 hours ago, gopher31 said:

Right now it's the cheapest T10 freeXP ship ever, I do hope all that want it are aware of what is happening.

Good point. If I still have time I might actually do this for free XP. When is this change happening?

[SHAD]
Players
2,615 posts
11,677 battles
2 minutes ago, TohtoriP said:

Good point. If I still have time I might actually do this for free XP. When is this change happening?

Next Thursday morning.

• Cool 2

[4_0_4]
Players
7,616 posts
13,873 battles

Considering a Salem is also 240k coal, this price is pretty okay.

• Cool 1

[-LD-]
Players
202 posts
8,211 battles
13 hours ago, gopher31 said:

Yeah, I FXP'd it for something like 700k, didn't even buy it, it just sits researched. :)

• Cool 1

[BODEM]
Players
786 posts
6,970 battles
22 hours ago, 159Hunter said:

Saves me 244k coal. Good.

Nah, you and me already spent that amount of coal converted in gametime.

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
6,596 posts
24,873 battles

Will get for free as she was my first or second T10 cruiser but she is basically obsolete, Riga is already a better ship, Petro makes her completely null and void and Venezia and Goliath penning her decks makes the whole situation just sad, hence getting her for free is exactly the price she is worth

• Cool 1

[SHAD]
Players
2,615 posts
11,677 battles
9 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Will get for free as she was my first or second T10 cruiser but she is basically obsolete, Riga is already a better ship, Petro makes her completely null and void and Venezia and Goliath penning her decks makes the whole situation just sad, hence getting her for free is exactly the price she is worth

I don’t think that’s true. 

The Moskva far better dispersion and HE dpm and fire chance make it far more effective against angled ships than even the Petropavolosk.

The Moskva does have far worse armour, in part because it sits so much higher in the water. 

Moskva is better than the Riga but you’re probably right about the petropavolosk. I would be very happy if they gave the Moskva this special AP with shorter fuse and better angles....

• Cool 1

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
6,596 posts
24,873 battles

They beat Moskva for a very simple reason - concealment, in this game this is your most important weapon for dictating engagement

• Cool 2

[SV]
Players
880 posts
12,325 battles
2 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

They beat Moskva for a very simple reason - concealment, in this game this is your most important weapon for dictating engagement

hahahahah concealment in this cv meta ? hahahah no just build moskva as a bb and put on kutnetsov and yea there you have a really good small bb

• Cool 1

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
6,596 posts
24,873 battles
2 minutes ago, albin322 said:

hahahahah concealment in this cv meta ? hahahah no just build moskva as a bb and put on kutnetsov and yea there you have a really good small bb

Yes concealment even with cv around, which is not in every match esp not in high tiers, besides while you can consider Stalin sort of BB-ish, Moskva is not

[SV]
Players
880 posts
12,325 battles
1 minute ago, Yedwy said:

Yes concealment even with cv around, which is not in every match esp not in high tiers, besides while you can consider Stalin sort of BB-ish, Moskva is not

true i dont play moskva that mutch anymore after i got stalingrad but if you dont have stalin she is a good ship. And seriously i think she will be 1 of the more decent coal cc's out there. 

[SHAD]
Players
2,615 posts
11,677 battles
5 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Well yes, Moskva has to stay on the back line, a price for that dispersion.

Riga and Petro need to get closer. Their armour, concealment and low profile make them better suited for this.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
1,179 posts
15,642 battles

The price is fair. The Moskva is a decent ship. She has been relevant for many CB-seasons. I've even seen her in this season in teams that did not fancy the low fire chance of Stalingrad shells, but still wanted flat, tight and punishing AP-salvos. If I was a new player, I would certainly pick Moskva over Salem and Yoshino.

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this