Sign in to follow this  
Rastrack

FDG broken guns

14 comments in this topic

[XYZ]
Players
38 posts
2,772 battles

ok, can someone explain to me why the hell an fdg shooting its frontal turrets at broadside on gneisenaus can only deal about 4k dmg at 10km, while the gneisenau shooting its 2 frontal turrets can deal around 10k dmg to a bowtanking fdg, and destroying hte frontal turrets without damaging them first? and the secondaries did so little damage to them, they might as well have not fired at all, with an average of <100dmg/hit

im so fed up with this bs rng crap going on here...

• Cool 1

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
951 posts

He didn't fire at your bow. :Smile_trollface::Smile_teethhappy:

But for my personal experience the FdG didn't work properly gunvise for me before I went da big bomsticks.

But I never liked the boat and the Kurry was a massive upgrade when I got her.

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
On 6/4/2020 at 4:22 AM, Rastrack said:

ok, can someone explain to me why the hell an fdg shooting its frontal turrets at broadside on gneisenaus can only deal about 4k dmg at 10km, while the gneisenau shooting its 2 frontal turrets can deal around 10k dmg to a bowtanking fdg, and destroying hte frontal turrets without damaging them first? and the secondaries did so little damage to them, they might as well have not fired at all, with an average of <100dmg/hit

im so fed up with this bs rng crap going on here...

You shot his bow, lower bow at that. Only outcome to be expected from that is a failure.

He shot your superstructure instead. That's how you do damage to a bow-on ship that you can't overmatch. Knocked out turrets? I believe "temporarily disabled" would be a more correct description, wouldn't it? 4 shells would already need some luck to do that together with that dmg. Assuming single salvo, ofc. A single penetrating hit on a turret can be / is enough to knock it out, meanwhile there for sure aren't enough shells in that salvo to permanently disable them.

Secondaries? They do need to pen aswell. So it depends on where did they hit that ship. Sounds like on some thick armour belt. Presumably you don't have IFHE spec'd on that captain, do you?

[ARVI]
Players
87 posts
2,991 battles
On 6/4/2020 at 8:49 AM, SirAmra said:

He didn't fire at your bow. :Smile_trollface::Smile_teethhappy:

But for my personal experience the FdG didn't work properly gunvise for me before I went da big bomsticks.

But I never liked the boat and the Kurry was a massive upgrade when I got her.

Are the 430 sticks worth the XP?

Can't see anything but the small damage increase, and the reload is a quite a bit longer. 

[CATS]
Players
26,792 posts
14,377 battles
46 minutes ago, YidDogg said:

Can't see anything but the small damage increase, and the reload is a quite a bit longer. 

There are no 430 sticks for german BB.

Bigger guns give bigger alpha and more penetration.

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
951 posts
4 hours ago, YidDogg said:

I like the 420s. I felt the better pen gave more consistent damage.

And with added flags and cammo, the grind wasn't that massive.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
On 6/9/2020 at 5:56 PM, YidDogg said:

*420s

No, absolutely not. All you get is...

On 6/9/2020 at 6:43 PM, ColonelPete said:

bigger alpha and more penetration

...but that slight increase in alpha leads to way larger loss of reload and thus dropping DPM (better combine 406s with reload in 6th and play it like a t9 Scharnhorst), and the pen increase is from about 20 extra mm at 5km to about 30 extra mm at 20km - and 406s already don't lack pen to begin with.

Same exact story for GK

• Cool 2

[ARVI]
Players
87 posts
2,991 battles
On 6/11/2020 at 5:52 PM, wilkatis_LV said:

*420s

No, absolutely not. All you get is...

...but that slight increase in alpha leads to way larger loss of reload and thus dropping DPM (better combine 406s with reload in 6th and play it like a t9 Scharnhorst), and the pen increase is from about 20 extra mm at 5km to about 30 extra mm at 20km - and 406s already don't lack pen to begin with.

Same exact story for GK

So, I took the upgrade and good lord how I regret it.

There is no visible or notable benefits too it in terms of shell performance from game to game, just that the rate of fire has dropped. 

Pointless upgrade, cruisers will still regularly bounce these shells. 

• Cool 1

[GURKA]
Players
5,285 posts
10,669 battles
25 minutes ago, YidDogg said:

So, I took the upgrade and good lord how I regret it.

There is no visible or notable benefits too it in terms of shell performance from game to game, just that the rate of fire has dropped. 

Pointless upgrade, cruisers will still regularly bounce these shells. 

the pen is hard to notice, there is somewhere a threshold, where the bigger guns pen, while the smaller don't. It's something like, that smaller guns can pen up to 14 km, then shatter, while the bigger can pen up to 15km until they start shattering. So there is only a small area, were a difference is. (Not actual numbers, just an example)

• Cool 1

[ARVI]
Players
87 posts
2,991 battles
Just now, Pikkozoikum said:

the pen is hard to notice, there is somewhere a threshold, where the bigger guns pen, while the smaller don't. It's something like, that smaller guns can pen up to 14 km, then shatter, while the bigger can pen up to 15km until they start shattering. So there is only a small area, were a difference is. (Not actual numbers, just an example)

Just another anomaly in the game mechs; That RoF is to much more important than other things like pen. 

[GURKA]
Players
5,285 posts
10,669 battles
Just now, YidDogg said:

Just another anomaly in the game mechs; That RoF is to much more important than other things like pen. 

Guess irl it would be the same. I mean, haven't the BBs not shot SAP mostly anyways, because AP has more pen, then they needed?

• Cool 1

[ARVI]
Players
87 posts
2,991 battles
11 minutes ago, Pikkozoikum said:

Guess irl it would be the same. I mean, haven't the BBs not shot SAP mostly anyways, because AP has more pen, then they needed?

Probably, it is just annoying how the meta supports RoF more than other characteristics. 

[ARVI]
Players
87 posts
2,991 battles

I just went into a bowtank battle with a Moskva, just the 2 of us, from 14km closing to 5 km, head on. He started backing.

He won easily with about 22k health left. 

Hillarious balancing. 

Sign in to follow this