Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
admiralgpt

Clans Suffering

107 comments in this topic

[XTREM]
Players
1,677 posts
13,793 battles

Personally I found it to be interesting and different at first, but it turned into a stale and also stressful season for me.

I'm just glad it's almost over, and after a break hopefully we can get back to playing some more regular-style CBs for a while without CVs.

• Cool 13
  • Boring 1

Players
6,433 posts
10,728 battles
5 minutes ago, Miragetank90 said:

Personally I found it to be interesting and different at first, but it turned into a stale and also stressful season for me.

Pretty much this. We slowly lost all Stalingrad players (including me), because every game you just try to tank, dodge with the little tools you have left and survive longer then the enemy Stalingrad.

Today we played "f*** we dont care anymore" fielding whatever we felt like. We played Yoshino, Kremlin, Yueyang, Gearing, Puerto Rico - did I forget something? oh yea, Minotaur, Worcester and Smolensk. Was fun. But wouldnt be fun for more then one night I guess. We actually beat some hurricane clans cuz they just couldnt deal with wtf we are doing. Everyone so caught up in this Venezia-Stalin-CV meta, they dont know how to react anymore, if they see anything else.

And for the general:

40 minutes ago, admiralgpt said:

The current state and direction of the game has put off a lot of people i come across in all areas of the game. Randoms, ranked, and more annoyingly, what used to be my favourite - clan wars.

Over the past 18 months, WG took most things I concidered fun about this games: Dynamo, Narai, Ops in general, T7 and the occasional T4 game. Now they ruined Clanwars. I havent played a random game in over 4 weeks. And im actually asking myself "why are you playing clanwars? you get steel for ship you wont be playing because you dislike randoms" and I also have the current steel ships so it makes even less sense to force myself playing clanwars.

• Cool 18

[SHAFT]
Players
9,818 posts
8,982 battles

Well, they basicly killed the entire game for me in the last 1,5years:

- Randoms were going down the drain for a long time.

- First remove many Operations, then nerf the rest

- Ranked was always questionable

- And last but not least Clanbattles with CVs

- Even Coop was annoyingly bad when they increased the playersize, as it didnt yield anything. Atleast they fixed that, but i dont see myself playing Coop only...

- Clan Brawl is very nice, unless its bigger than 5x5 or has CVs in it. But its not often enough to keep me interested.

Aslong as there is something to enjoy, it keeps you playing other stuff too from time to time. But now with CBs butchered, i basicly quit randoms altogether.

Next CB season is with CVs: Im out for good or when Subs come into randoms (or worse into CBs).

During this season, i wanted to rage deinstall SEVERAL times.

• Cool 8

[L4GG]
Players
3,141 posts
10,735 battles
7 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Even Coop was annoyingly bad when they increased the playersize, as it didnt yield anything. Atleast they fixed that, but i dont see myself playing Coop only...

What you mean by that?

Don't tell me that they revert co-op down to 5 players.

[SHAFT]
Players
9,818 posts
8,982 battles
1 minute ago, Butterdoll said:

What you mean by that?

Don't tell me that they revert co-op down to 5 players.

They increased points from 300 to 400 in domination battles so games dont end after youve killed like 6 Bots.

• Cool 2

[JRM]
Players
6,568 posts
24,737 battles

Yeah this season is poor, before we kinda had a steady core team to rely on assembling quite regurarly but few weeks into this season many just lost interest in cb altogether and most nights we cant field even one team

[RO-RN]
Players
901 posts
10,879 battles

It was as the other CW seasons:

-SPAM of Meta ships(des moines,moskva,hindenburgs,henri,montana,kremlin,yamato,yueyang etc.)now it was HAKU,venezia and stalingrad spam.

-Same strategy,go spot,sit bow in wait for them in case they come,farm from long range,try to cap,wait for them to push etc.

-Same rewards,steel is pretty much a joke of a currency in comparassion to coal and even research points(what wants everybody to buy and costs them ONLY steel? STALINGRAD,the rest of the steel ships? Not so much,either boring to play,either in danger of getting powercreeped,either totally worthless,meanwhile Ohio is one of the greatest BB in the game,can buy free xp,special modules etc, I guess the coal value speaks from himself as to how many thinks it can buy)

-Same format,play,reach high league,win and get rewards etc.

-IT HAS BECOME BORING. Change the format,add territories to conquer that generate doubloons(wot via style) more facilities in the naval base,more valuable goods to acquire with steel(free xp,doubloons,camo/flag which provide extreme bonuses,reseach points etc.)

• Cool 3

Players
2,897 posts

I left my old clan to make dis into a fighting unit, a year and something later I'm probably the only one even trying, even the founder left :/

[MORIA]
Players
7,341 posts
36,547 battles
1 hour ago, DFens_666 said:

They increased points from 300 to 400 in domination battles so games dont end after youve killed like 6 Bots.

Imho they should do it for randoms too cause sometimes I really think it’s coop....

• Cool 5

[XTREM]
Players
3,769 posts
11,195 battles

It's really interesting how some are losing all spirit and willingness and others can keep going despite the challenge. 

The mindsets differing so much is really surprising. After all this is a competetive thing right? CBs I mean? 

• Cool 2

[JRM]
Players
6,568 posts
24,737 battles
12 minutes ago, _Warfarin_ said:

It's really interesting how some are losing all spirit and willingness and others can keep going despite the challenge. 

The mindsets differing so much is really surprising. After all this is a competetive thing right? CBs I mean? 

True

[BBMM]
Players
5,983 posts
7,607 battles
24 minutes ago, _Warfarin_ said:

Why? I play CV (about 30%) and I also don;t like it. It is very very stale. 

Once you have seen al the maps you sort of know what is gonna happen. 

Maybe if your clan has all the "requirements" you can still win. If not, well... :cap_fainting:

• Cool 1

[LEEUW]
Players
2,321 posts
10,110 battles
25 minutes ago, _Warfarin_ said:

In the end we play for fun and when something is no longer considered fun why bother? I can keep going but I choose not to. 

I loved clanbattles and competitive gaming. But after a week of playing in this meta I was done with it. 

• Cool 16

[XTREM]
Players
3,769 posts
11,195 battles
6 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Why? I play CV (about 30%) and I also don;t like it. It is very very stale. 

Once you have seen al the maps you sort of know what is gonna happen. 

Maybe if your clan has all the "requirements" you can still win. If not, well... :cap_fainting:

There is always a winner and a loser. No "If". 

You either do it and care or you don't do it and give up. 

Losing is part of learning. It's required to lose to improve. 

Of course it's meaningless if it's boring for people. But for the ones who put in the work to reach that goal.. it might be boring but it's apparently worth it. So there are reasons why they try others don't have. 

5 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

In the end we play for fun and when something is no longer considered fun why bother? I can keep going but I choose not to. 

I loved clanbattles and competitive gaming. But after a week of playing in this meta I was done with it. 

Well yes. It's the right decision to stop if it becomes unfun and mostly meaningless if fun is the only thing to go by. If the only goal is to have fun I mean. 

For me personally playing spotting bot and doing occasional assassinations with my lurking torps each and every game isn't or wouldn't be fun either. What makes it fun however is seeing that through strategies and discipline hurdles can be overcome. Seeing the improvement happen in the worst kind of metas in oneself and the team is motivating me. As an FC I need to stay up to date to meta changes and think about plays and counterplays to strategies of other clans. This is what motivates me to stay and continue. Getting better for myself and being a better FC for my teams. 

• Cool 2

Players
1,707 posts
18,575 battles

This has been a more challenging CB season for us a lot of the regular CB players got bored (myself included) of playing this season. So we largely took turns when needed too to help the more junior members practice.

Still its been interesting how often I have heard people say they would play if they had too because we needed the numbers but not a lot of us wanted to play this season. 

Players
2,085 posts
13,383 battles
7 minutes ago, _Warfarin_ said:

Of course it's meaningless if it's boring for people. But for the ones who put in the work to reach that goal.. it might be boring but it's apparently worth it. So there are reasons why they try others don't have. 

Well yes. It's the right decision to stop if it becomes unfun and mostly meaningless if fun is the only thing to go by. If the only goal is to have fun I mean. 

For me personally playing spotting bot and doing occasional assassinations with my lurking torps each and every game isn't or wouldn't be fun either. What makes it fun however is seeing that through strategies and discipline hurdles can be overcome. Seeing the improvement happen in the worst kind of metas in oneself and the team is motivating me. As an FC I need to stay up to date to meta changes and think about plays and counterplays to strategies of other clans. This is what motivates me to stay and continue. Getting better for myself and being a better FC for my teams. 

You have very serious and competetive attitude which is necessary to archive success but for many people this have to be balanced by fun from game. With current CV meta the fun is often lost. 

• Cool 1

[BBMM]
Players
5,983 posts
7,607 battles
18 minutes ago, _Warfarin_ said:

Well, if you can only field one Stalin and one Venezia you aren't gonna win that many. 

And of course it is required to lose to improve. But when you see the opposite having six of them,

then you know what is coming once they turn up in the spots they usually do. 

It is like being a rugbyteam with players upto 50kg, and then meeting a team that has only upward from 100kg.

There is no GitGud, all you need is to get heavy. 

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
1,337 posts
10,412 battles
4 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

GitGud

I once met an Ant. 

A most formidable Ant.

Armored, well trained, disciplined. Had followed all the tactics and strategy courses in his ant colony. Had worked well. He had become "GitGud"

Actually, he was the one:

28 minutes ago, _Warfarin_ said:

who put in the work to reach that goal.

What a formidable fighter. You could see the air of knowledge, the aura of a seasoned "gitgud" fighter. You could feel the presence of a unicum.

And then I just stepped on it and squashed it flat. Rhetorically I asked:

32 minutes ago, _Warfarin_ said:

it might be boring but is it worth it ?

Never got an answer. I think the fact that the ant was squashed had something to do with this silence.

I think the Ant would be better off investing in the current meta instead of gitgud in a non meta compatible way ... but it wouldn't be fun.

So Saltface will say, this season was not fun.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 5

[XTREM]
Players
3,769 posts
11,195 battles
8 minutes ago, Saltface said:

And then I just stepped on it and squashed it flat.

But that doesn't matter since you can always get up and try again as you as a player aren't an ant. 

Of course if all the will to continue is lost then it's not healthy to force yourself. 

Nothing wrong with people not liking this season or not playing it. 

But nothing is actually preventing you from success but the boundaries you set for yourself and how willing you are to break them. 

[BBMM]
Players
5,983 posts
7,607 battles
2 minutes ago, _Warfarin_ said:

But that doesn't matter since you can always get up and try again as you as a player aren't an ant. 

Of course if all the will to continue is lost then it's not healthy to force yourself. 

Nothing wrong with people not liking this season or not playing it. 

But nothing is actually preventing you from success but the boundaries you set for yourself and how willing you are to break them. 

The thing is, unless you can field those 6 Stalins/Venezias (and a Haku) you will get splatted. 

And even those that have the six of them, get bored because all they do is the same splat every time. 

Ask @ForlornSailor and @DFens_666 how fun it is. 

And yes I'll field my Haku when asked (if they can;t get anyone else) because I'll help those 6 clan buddies when needed.

And yes I am grinding Venezia... but if somebody else wants to play CB, I am happy to move over. Very happy. 

• Cool 2

[NWP]
Players
1,337 posts
10,412 battles

@_Warfarin_

Each one of your statements alone are valid. Each and every one. I am not sure about pertinence.

However, dear friend, I believe that this one is frightening:

2 minutes ago, _Warfarin_ said:

Of course if all the will to continue is lost

Do you really believe that the players that really love the game and enjoy it either way (in contrast to only play for recreation and relax) are enough to keep it running?

I think the game not being fun should be one of your concerns.

This is a very nice statement. It could be good for a motivation speech, lets say, for schoolkids. 

6 minutes ago, _Warfarin_ said:

For adults that are looking some gaming recreation...uhmmm...I don't think is befitting.

Our game has two main types of players. Competitive and Casual. Casual players (because of their numbers) maintain the game financially. 

If they stop finding the game fun we will not have a game to be competitive in.

That's my opinion. And as you well know, we all have one. (opinion! you dirty minds)

• Cool 1

[XTREM]
Players
3,769 posts
11,195 battles
8 minutes ago, Saltface said:

I think the game not being fun should be one of your concerns.

I'm not able to discuss this as I'm lacking the ability to comprehend how others feelings or perceptions of fun work and how it affects them. 

I'm selfishly concerned for myself having fun and maybe am therefore able to overlook the issues others are having and therefore offer "childish" solutions which might not work on adults. 

11 minutes ago, Saltface said:

Casual players (because of their numbers) maintain the game financially. 

But Casuals have no place in competetive anyway right? 

I mean BLUB__BLUBs Clan barely has the ships needed to fill the current meta positions because of course they are casual (I'm not saying it's a bad thing to be casual) and therefore also lack the needed preparations for meta flips and changes. 

They can't possibly compete or expect to compete. 

It is the state of the games fault of course. But that doesn't stop the competetive scene. 

Why then does it matter if the casuals have fun or not in a zone where mostly competetive is encouraged? 

[LEEUW]
[LEEUW]
Players
456 posts
7,345 battles

I think this CB season sucked. We all started with bad hopes already, exept for our CV player. But 60% of the players stopped playing CB this season. Even our main CV player dislikes it and is getting bored of it.

Loads of the players that will finish this season announced they won't be playing next season if CV's are still in.

1 hour ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Well, if you can only field one Stalin and one Venezia you aren't gonna win that many. 

Not really. OM-S played with Haku, Venezia, Somers, Mino, Wooster, Stalin, Halland the times we meet them in battle. Last time was yesterday.

Players
727 posts
14 minutes ago, _Warfarin_ said:

Why then does it matter if the casuals have fun or not in a zone where mostly competetive is encouraged? 

I think the point he was making was:

28 minutes ago, Saltface said:

Casual players (because of their numbers) maintain the game financially. 

It would be interesting to know the comparative numbers of those who play the competitive game modes versus the ones who just play Random/Ops/Co-op, but as mentioned I imagine that the latter category would be far larger. Of course, whether the smaller group would be enough to support the game on its own, is theoretically a different question.

Sign in to follow this