Jump to content
Server Restart - 30 October, 05:00 UTC Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
greek_leopard_91

Textures Quality

21 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[CZWSM]
[CZWSM]
Players
396 posts
19,774 battles
8 minutes ago, greek_leopard_91 said:

Even on maximum settings on the HD Client the textures on the ships look old and ugly. Am I doing something wrong or they are like this?

really, on my PC in 4K and max setting look great :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,905 posts
2 hours ago, greek_leopard_91 said:

Even on maximum settings on the HD Client the textures on the ships look old and ugly. Am I doing something wrong or they are like this?

have you put a camo on ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MORIA]
Players
7,350 posts
36,697 battles

Show us a screenshot how your game looks in port and in battle plus your settings.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6 posts
106 battles

image.thumb.png.4a8c153fa88ba88e0586978e03077a45.png

Look how bad they are. Look especially at the wheel thing on the left. It's full of edges. I have maximum settings on everything, 1080p resolution and 8xMSAA..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6 posts
106 battles
54 minutes ago, Cyclops_ said:

What spec is your PC??

Why does this matter? I have everything on max settings. Anyways, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB Ram, RTX 2060..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
285 posts

Could also be the ship in question. Some ships are not updated graphics wise. Some ships have gotten a work over, like the Yamato did some time back, and she looks very good.

 

Also, when you zoom that far in, things start to look bad. This is the case in most games, and you're very zoomed in that picture. Asking for every model in game to be picture perfect is asking a lot, and WoWS is not a simulator, so it has no need to bee exactly like their real life counterparts. 

 

Most ship models looks just fine. Could some of them need improvement? Yes they could, but updating ships to look better is a lot of work. Hopefully WG will get around to updating all the ships visually in time.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OGHF]
Players
1,146 posts
20,386 battles
51 minutes ago, greek_leopard_91 said:

Why does this matter? I have everything on max settings. Anyways, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB Ram, RTX 2060..

Errr, a bit touchy there fella?

 

Specs do matter, but your specs are fine, may be double check settings and try going from base settings and rank them up 1at a time and look at the results each time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6 posts
106 battles
2 hours ago, Cyclops_ said:

Errr, a bit touchy there fella?

 

Specs do matter, but your specs are fine, may be double check settings and try going from base settings and rank them up 1at a time and look at the results each time.

Specs do not matter in visual quality. If you put a game on ultra settings on a GTX 1050 and on an RTX 2080Ti they will look exactly the same but on the 2080Ti it will have a lot more fps. The gpu is rendering the graphics settings you select.

I noticed that on the port or when zooming out they look better so it's just that the models then you zoom in are not very detailed which is a bit disappointing as I like using this angle. On World of Tanks even if you zoom that much the models look nice and detailed though..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[IAN_H]
Players
1,966 posts
6,657 battles

Lots of useless and incorrect waffle in here!

 

@greek_leopard_91 -  your complaint is about the 3D model, NOT the Textures -  the "texture" you mention is only the "skin" of the ship, but it is the 3D model which you mentioned is poor (with the Wheel in the bottom left being full of edges as an example), so if you reduce the "texture quality" the 3D model with all it's edges always stays the same but the skin gets less detailed. So in effect -

 

3D Model - WG saved a few polygons here and there in the 3D models, like with the 8 sided "circular" wheel you pointed out, as the model isn't really meant to be hyper accurate (smaller file size etc).

Texture - The skin that fits over the model and is altered by adjusting "Texture Quality".

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
285 posts

WoT has been around longer than WoWS. They also had a massive graphics update not too long ago, so it's no wonder that WoT looks better.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6 posts
106 battles

Yeah OK the 3D models are bad. I was just asking in case I was doing something wrong with the graphics settings. Also I thought because WOW was released after WOT it would be on the same graphical level..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
285 posts

No, it's not. The two dev teams are separate from each other. Base engine is the same afaik, but other than that the two games are different.

 

That said, we are getting gradual improvements, most recently for various maps, and they have said that updating the ships is an ongoing process, but a slow one.

Heard it mentioned on a stream or a video that making a ship/tank model is about 6 months, so as you can imagine, it's a time consuming job.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ALONE]
Modder
2,182 posts
13,733 battles

Actually such wheels often had odd shapes,  so the crew could find the correct one even under low-light conditions.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MORIA]
Players
7,350 posts
36,697 battles
9 hours ago, Otowi said:

Could also be the ship in question. Some ships are not updated graphics wise. Some ships have gotten a work over, like the Yamato did some time back, and she looks very good.

 

Also, when you zoom that far in, things start to look bad. This is the case in most games, and you're very zoomed in that picture. Asking for every model in game to be picture perfect is asking a lot, and WoWS is not a simulator, so it has no need to bee exactly like their real life counterparts. 

 

Most ship models looks just fine. Could some of them need improvement? Yes they could, but updating ships to look better is a lot of work. Hopefully WG will get around to updating all the ships visually in time.

Yeah the Gearing looks awful if you compare it to YueYang

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
866 posts
8,891 battles
16 hours ago, greek_leopard_91 said:

image.thumb.png.4a8c153fa88ba88e0586978e03077a45.pngimageproxy.php?img=&key=f33eb831f1471fd4

Look how bad they are. Look especially at the wheel thing on the left. It's full of edges. I have maximum settings on everything, 1080p resolution and 8xMSAA..

Ships look just fine to me of course they took some shortcuts on stuff people will barely notice so what lol
WorldOfWarships64_J8LtKL9Wng.thumb.jpg.1ca7cc8d8bca73e8e393f66974d9be13.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×