You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Camperdown

So they have finally done it

59 comments in this topic

[LUZ1]
Players
673 posts
11,613 battles

With the coming of the Soviet radar cruisers, WoWs is now impossible to play effectively with a mere DD.

Average game now has 2-4 radar cruisers, and half the games you may throw in a CV too.

Net result: I cannot do decent damage any more in DDs that were still effective few months ago.

I am sure the spreadsheet will show this is OK, and WeeGee probably thinks this is earning them more lovely dollars, but the game is freezing into a static that imo cannot do any good. The game, I fear, is finally broken.

Great job WeeGee, I cannot follow your logic, but you've done it.

WoWs RIP.

• Cool 9
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 1

[CATS]
Players
26,849 posts
14,391 battles
3 minutes ago, Camperdown said:

Net result: I cannot do decent damage any more in DDs that were still effective few months ago.

Others can.

Adapt. This is not the first time with increased radar in the game.

• Cool 7
  • Boring 5
  • Bad 4

[MORIA]
Players
7,348 posts
36,695 battles

But this radars are short duration. 12 seconds only. 

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2

[LUZ1]
Players
673 posts
11,613 battles
18 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

the point is: you cannot move in a DD any more. all dynamic has been killed in the game. the game is being dumbed down to be a damage farm for CVs, BBs and radar cruisers only.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[IRON7]
Players
391 posts
10,661 battles
3 minutes ago, Camperdown said:

the game is being dumbed down

Agreed. 

• Cool 4

[-TPF-]
Players
3,928 posts
16,182 battles
26 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Long enough. And from stealth, too, which WG previously removed.

• Cool 2

[MORIA]
Players
7,348 posts
36,695 battles
14 minutes ago, Camperdown said:

the point is: you cannot move in a DD any more. all dynamic has been killed in the game. the game is being dumbed down to be a damage farm for CVs, BBs and radar cruisers only.

But in your opinion Orkan and Smaland radars are no problem... Having longer duration too. Mate. Please. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Players
484 posts
8,561 battles

just keep saying fun and engaging as those shells penetrate your flimsy metal boat.....hopefully we'll get some Russina Cvs soon

[IRON7]
Players
391 posts
10,661 battles

Not to worry - I just looked up the Ru CV subject & even under Stalin the Soviet Union had some plans so you may be rest assured Ru CVs will be here :cap_money:.

• Cool 1

Players
1,908 posts
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

Others can.

Adapt. This is not the first time with increased radar in the game.

But its funny how its almost always DD's that have to adapt. Not the speshul class for example. Imagine the outrage if BB's would have to adapt for once. Jeeez. 

• Cool 12

[CAIN]
Players
4,490 posts
18,961 battles

The devs are/ were BB mains who got wrecked by pesky DDs once too often, so they decided to make DD players life as miserable as possible. 

While i agree that DDs can still be effective as long the enemy CV doesn’t start a personal vendetta against you and your DD, they are no longer fun to play. 

• Cool 5

[4_0_4]
Players
7,609 posts
13,872 battles
1 hour ago, Camperdown said:

With the coming of the Soviet radar cruisers, WoWs is now impossible to play effectively with a mere DD.

This is the, how many times, that DDs are dead after a new line is introduced?

Average game now has 2-4 radar cruisers, and half the games you may throw in a CV too.

The average game has also 4-5 BBs, who could counter the CAs, if they had the brains to do so.

Bolded the important point. You might not be able to, others will adapt.

I am sure the spreadsheet will show this is OK, and WeeGee probably thinks this is earning them more lovely dollars, but the game is freezing into a static that imo cannot do any good. The game, I fear, is finally broken.

The game is shite already, yet we still play it. Before the russian radars kill the DDs, the subs will do that more effectivly.

Nobody can follow their logic, since there is none.

WoWs RIP.

Yet it'll exist in the next year too.

• Cool 2

Players
6,478 posts
10,755 battles
17 minutes ago, ClappingLollies said:

But its funny how its almost always DD's that have to adapt. Not the speshul class for example.

"They" simply throw more money at WG. Easy as that.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[L4GG]
Players
3,166 posts
10,740 battles

WoWs RIP.

Came on, they are just 15 seconds radars, 10 seconds for the rest of the team.

They are not worth the space they will occupy.

I will put another consumable in it's place and i'm not surprised if more people will do the same.

[RO-RN]
Players
901 posts
10,948 battles

NAH NOT YET! Just wait for the Italian BB line which gets SAP, then it will be the end of all DDs. 

Players
901 posts
10,043 battles
1 hour ago, ClappingLollies said:

But its funny how its almost always DD's that have to adapt. Not the speshul class for example. Imagine the outrage if BB's would have to adapt for once. Jeeez. 

Well yeah because DD players can adapt. Because we aren't morons.

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
6,583 posts
24,842 battles
7 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

Long enough. And from stealth, too, which WG previously removed.

Not entirely, they removed it from US ships, Chapa always maintained that capability even though she is of questionable utility in that role

[_X_]
Beta Tester
16 posts
6,022 battles

7 hours ago, ClappingLollies said:

The BBs did have to adapt once, and they almost went extinct... the great 'git gud' and use WASD fiasco, AKA the Introduction of the Asashio, I remember it fondly... I managed to lose 40 karma in 12 hours of gameplay.  :Smile_child:

• Funny 1

[NECRO]
Players
1,584 posts
Vor 2 Minuten, gabberworld sagte:

dd is most scariest enemy at battle, so yes  more radars please

Surveillance satellites? :Smile_trollface:

Players
7,109 posts
245 battles

Too be honest, the duration of the radar is so little that it hardly matters if its stealth radar. If it was 30secs or longer then i would be more sympathetic. Frankly it will be nice to have cruisers that can actually carry instead of getting deleted even if you angle.

Even on chapyev the radar is bad, because the stealth radar gap is really small and the duration litterally only allows for 2 salvoes and even then your not guranteed to hit all of your shells on to the target (even if you aim right dispersion will still make 1-3 shells sod off to the moon).

I know its an un-popular opinion, but still.

• Cool 1

[LSCA]
Players
1,143 posts
9,359 battles
3 minutes ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

Surveillance satellites? :Smile_trollface:

why not, also the droid planes maybe

[NECRO]
Players
1,584 posts
Vor 2 Minuten, gabberworld sagte:

why not, also the droid planes maybe

Already done. Neither ships nor planes have human crews in WoWs. :Smile_veryhappy:

[LUZ1]
Players
673 posts
11,613 battles

I am curious how many of you that say all is fine play DDs regularly.

Look, I am a DD main. I have always said that CVs are manageable, because few players are really good at CVs and the good ones quickly lose interest if you have decent counterplay. I contest caps and attack any enemy DD if I find one, even if that means being targeted by the red fleet. 

I know Soviet radars last briefly. But if you are near a cap you have to watch for them get within 12 kms. If they do, you may be exposed by radar at any time. You may get shredded by 3 or 4 enemy ships. Sure, after 15 secs you may still live, but with a competent red team, you may lose up to half your HP. Then come the planes that see a wounded prey. Smoke up and wait out. Avoid torps fired at your smoke. Smols just saturate your smoke with shells.

Net result is: you don't get into normal DD play: spot, hunt enemy DDs, contest caps etc. I used to do between 20K and 70 K damage with my Lightning, it is more 10K to 30K now. I have to be at the defensive all the time. Sure, I can adapt, but it isn't fun any more, because the DDs key asset is ripped away: stealth. The game is dumbed down to suit the damage farming whales, and WoWs the intelligent game is dying. Long live WoWs the uninteresting, static arcade shooter.

• Cool 6