Sign in to follow this  
Adm_Ballsey

Riga T9 Heavy Russian cruiser guide + build & captain skills

6 comments in this topic

Community Contributor
275 posts
18,368 battles

Hello and welcome once again everyone, today's video features the brand new tier 9 heavy Russian cruiser Riga. Riga is now available in early access in 0.9.4 for accumulating enough Soviet tokens and will be fully researchable for all in update 0.9.5.
Riga has some of the most powerful armor piercing rounds of any tier 9 tech tree cruiser with increased penetration, very good shell ballistics and flat shell arcs. All of this combined with very good survivability makes Riga a very powerful cruiser indeed.
As usual I've included the full buid including upgrades and captain skills I was using in this video and the reasoning behind why I do so. I hope you all enjoy the video and until the next time keep sailing it like you stole it o7

I'm uploading content every week to You Tube and you can also find me now on Twitch also under the same name you can find both links here below.

My YouTube Channel link once again is Carbine Carlito You Tube
You can now also find me on Carbine Carlito Twitch

• Cool 4

Players
487 posts
25,151 battles

I managed to get enough Tokens for the Tallinn and I can tell you it is a strong Ship.

I can´t wait to grind my Way to the Riga and the Petropawlowsk

• Cool 1

Community Contributor
275 posts
18,368 battles

8 hours ago, doerhoff_damian said:

I managed to get enough Tokens for the Tallinn and I can tell you it is a strong Ship.

I can´t wait to grind my Way to the Riga and the Petropawlowsk

Riga is strong and I've been fortunate enough to have played a lot of games in the Petropavlosk which is a very good ship indeed.

• Cool 1

[B-F-L]
Players
30 posts
5,128 battles

I got the Tallin and the camo for Riga but the russian marks ihav 30 left. How to buy the Riga then? The event for Russian cruiser has ended. The time to purchase the Riga for russian marks was to short.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,840 posts
5,332 battles
13 minutes ago, HawkEyes__ said:

I got the Tallin and the camo for Riga but the russian marks ihav 30 left. How to buy the Riga then? The event for Russian cruiser has ended. The time to purchase the Riga for russian marks was to short.

Why you play the Tallinn to get the xp. Should  cost around 170k xp based off past xp cost expiriences, and she will appear in the tech tree  next patch, 9,6, so if you have the required xp you can research her immediately.

Players
7 posts
4,591 battles

Cheers for the guide dude! Indeed a strong ship tho after playing 13 games I'm struggling with it compared to Tallinn; perhaps it's the recent week of lopsided games or just me misplaying it or both.

A particular thing got my attention yesterday: I ended up alone on the flank chased by 2 GKs & 1 Bismarck bow-in mode; not an ideal situation to be in but had to at least slow them down. Long-story short I wasn't able to get any meaningful consistent damage to any of them with AP & HE (no demo expert) from ~14-15km. 90% shatters and AP ricochets while aiming for deck & superstructure, even when they slightly turned. With AP against bow-in GK I understand but I wasn't expecting the HE to be soooo underwhelming. I was basically useless and tried to go undetected and navigate to get to their broadside but it was too late. 

Any thoughts around this?

Sign in to follow this