Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
thestaggy

If you had to take one secondary skill...

5 comments in this topic

[ATUM]
Beta Tester
396 posts
4,827 battles

...which would it be? Manual Secondaries or AFT?

I'm rethinking my secondary battleships as full secondary is no longer - IMO - viable in the HE/fire meta. Until now I've run Manual Secs alongside AFT but moving forward one of those will have to be dropped for Fire Prevention. I can't decide between having 11.3km fireworks display or 9.5km accurate secondaries. Forcing to 9.5km to use them seems high risk but then letting off fireworks at 11km isn't really effective.

I've already dropped BFT for Basics of Survivability.

Battleships in question are the Bismarck and Massachusetts, soon to be followed by the FdG and Georgia.

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
2,130 posts
8,742 battles

Manual sec. The accuracy in general on secondaries is really bad without in my experience, so you need that extra accuracy. Granted I mainly played the GErmans secondary specced, and nowadays you can go FP-AFT-ManSec without beeing totally firespammed and still retain some meme status.

No idea about the US ones, I heard they can almost manage without mansec but I would still pick it because more accuracy never hurts.

[ATUM]
Beta Tester
396 posts
4,827 battles
4 minutes ago, ollonborre said:

Manual sec. The accuracy in general on secondaries is really bad without in my experience, so you need that extra accuracy. Granted I mainly played the GErmans secondary specced, and nowadays you can go FP-AFT-ManSec without beeing totally firespammed and still retain some meme status.

No idea about the US ones, I heard they can almost manage without mansec but I would still pick it because more accuracy never hurts.

I hear you, but Basics of Survivability is 6 seconds less burn duration and about 1.4k less damage per fire (this includes the flag that reduces fire and Damage Con Mod 2). As a battleship one thing you will do is burn. Secondary BBs more so as you give up concealment and are thus often the first capital ship spotted and the biggest, easiest target to hit, so you will get a lot of HE focus right from the start.

Then on the other hand I have run secondary BBs without Manual Secs and the difference with and without is tangible.

Tough choice for me.

[SHAD]
Players
2,615 posts
11,677 battles

If just one I’d take manual secs for the Germans but AFT for the USN ships due to their improved accuracy.

That said, choosing the secondary module over aiming systems is quite bad for your main guns. I would go full secondary (AFT,man sec and fire prevention) or full tank with the aiming module.

With USN ships you cannot use the aiming module so using the secondary module costs you nothing. Doing just this is enough for 9km secondaries that are still fairly accurate even with a full tank build.

German secs without the manual skill are just fireworks until under about 7.5km.

Interesting thing I found during testing is that they are actually More effective against battleships at this range than manual secondaries.

Germans go full tank or secondary

USN go full tank with secondary module or full secondary.

• Cool 1

Players
1,133 posts
7,085 battles

You should give up on concealment and take three 4-points skill if you wanna play secs. AFT, MS and FP.

I generally take superintendent at tier 3, turret traverse or adrenaline at tier 2 and both priority target and expert loader at tier 1

Sign in to follow this