You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
wot_2016_gunner

PSA: Shikishima for 32.000 Steel

41 comments in this topic

Players
1,563 posts
3,207 battles

So, i was on Flamu's discord, when then he posts this (on twitter) 

Cattura01.thumb.JPG.219796bef8f9898838996da1a959ad71.JPG

It appears that Shikishima will be for 32k steel.

• Funny 4

[RO-RN]
Players
901 posts
10,879 battles

Steel is pretty much useless at this point if you already own a stalingrad and maybe a bourgogne. Somers is an US shimakaze offers nothing new and is boring to play. 

32k for a worse yamato? Give me PAOLO EMILIO already, an interesting ship with a different play style than most destroyers, fun to play and gorgeous to look at, not this big box with useless guns and pew pew secondary meme, i get burned down.

Or at least give the ability to acquire other rare/difficult goods to obtain with steel:camouflages/flags with great bonuses, rare but expensive premium ships,doubloons,research points but no just keep giving people useless junk aka shitishima. SIGH...at least they could have added H-44.

• Cool 5

Players
6,437 posts
10,735 battles
Just now, Animalul2012 said:

Steel is pretty much useless at this point if you already own a stalingrad and maybe a bourgogne. Somers is an US shimakaze offers nothing new and is boring to play. 

32k for a worse yamato? Give me PAOLO EMILIO already, an interesting ship with a different play style than most destroyers, fun to play and gorgeous to look at, not this big box with useless guns and pew pew secondary meme, i get burned down.

Or at least give the ability to acquire other rare/difficult goods to obtain with steel:camouflages/flags with great bonuses, rare but expensive premium ships,doubloons,research points but no just keep giving people useless junk aka shitishima. SIGH...at least they could have added H-44.

Well, you can always convert to coal... sounds like we are in a similar position and recycling the steel into coal sounds more tempting with every day passing. Almost as if WG wants us to do it...

Seriously, 32.000 steel transforms into 320.000 coal. Now check that the coal BBs are priced at and think about it.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

[SWAMP]
Players
219 posts
6,213 battles

32K steel for a boring over-pen king ship?  :cap_haloween:

It should be 260K coal, instead of steel. :cap_hmm:

• Cool 3

[SWAMP]
Players
219 posts
6,213 battles
1 minute ago, Execute0rder66 said:

why get this if u have yamato? would not even pay 21K steel for it.

Bigger caliber at long range could be better for sniping and this ship just a trash for brawling. :cap_like:

If you try to brawl at mid or close range by Shishima, they eat you alive. :fish_viking:

Players
1,696 posts
1 minute ago, Gloatover said:

Bigger caliber at long range could be better for sniping and this ship just a trash for brawling. :cap_like:

If you try to brawl at mid or close range by Shishima, they eat you alive. :fish_viking:

yamato can do what this ship can in distance, plus like u said it is very boring...unless they do secondary buff or something.

[SWAMP]
Players
219 posts
6,213 battles
4 minutes ago, Execute0rder66 said:

yamato can do what this ship can in distance, plus like u said it is very boring...unless they do secondary buff or something.

Shikishima has better dispersion and penetration with less reload time so it could be better sniper than Yamato but in the summary it's really boring for me, too :cap_like:

[SWAMP]
Players
219 posts
6,213 battles
Just now, _Warfarin_ said:

is that render fail on purpose? 

:cap_haloween:

Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,904 posts

It won't show in my stock. unknown.png:cap_money:

[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,656 posts
10,193 battles
9 minutes ago, Gloatover said:

Shikishima has better dispersion and penetration with less reload time so it could be better sniper than Yamato but in the summary it's really boring for me, too :cap_like:

unknown.png

A whole lot of 30 mm more at 20 km. Penetrative power of the 51 cm/45 is downscaled. And while she does have better dispersion, she also has 3 lottery tickets less per salvo, and the improvement in dispersion isn't as big as moving from Iowa to Georgia.

In her current state, for 32k Steel? No thanks.

• Cool 1

[LEEUW]
Players
2,328 posts
10,110 battles
17 minutes ago, _Warfarin_ said:

is that render fail on purpose? 

On my phone + laziness. :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 2

[SHAD]
Players
2,583 posts
11,566 battles

I’d rather use a legendary Yamato.

hard pass.

Players
223 posts
7,049 battles

This ship have serious issues. The dispersion is really random, and for some reason the shells shatter a lot. I saw a lot of CC playing it and playing in different ways. And any of them make it work. Compare this to Thunderer, Ohio, Georgia, Jean Bart... The secondary buff helps to compensate a little the slow turret traverse if some small ship yolo you. But its not OK that when u finally hit a shell it shatters or it over-pens. This needs BUFFS. 

[CAIN]
Players
4,488 posts
18,951 battles

32k Steel?

JyiuhoO.gif.669d6759e4ef65052545848dfcadc69c.gif

3.2k steel would be ok-ish i guess, but 32k?

• Cool 2

[TKBS]
[TKBS]
Alpha Tester
1,003 posts
10,949 battles
12 minutes ago, illy said:

ImpishIndelibleClingfish-size_restricted

i'm still having PTSD from the Dernamo video on the Yoshino

• Funny 1

[SERBS]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,401 posts
8,255 battles

Why would I take shite Yamato for a steel when I already have a better one.