You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MutsuAraAra

So WG, please explain to me why we must regrind Donskoi?

40 comments in this topic

[BLUMR]
Players
22 posts
12,973 battles

Considering every time a line change is done we get the new ships without having to do anything more. This was always the case in World of Tanks and in this game as well, so why now do we not just get Alexander Nevsky when the new Soviet cruisers hit live server, but instead must slog through Donskoi again.

I'm just going to take a wild guess that this is some scheme to sell more doubloons to convert to fxp because I can't think of any other reason other then just pure greed to change a practice that has been established for years.

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 3

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,873 posts
11,906 battles

You get to keep the ship you grinded - the Moskva. 

If you want another T10, you have to unlock it the usual way, playing a T9. 

Problem? 

• Cool 8
  • Bad 2

Players
1,695 posts
2 minutes ago, MutsuAraAra said:

Considering every time a line change is done we get the new ships without having to do anything more. This was always the case in World of Tanks and in this game as well, so why now do we not just get Alexander Nevsky when the new Soviet cruisers hit live server, but instead must slog through Donskoi again.

I'm just going to take a wild guess that this is some scheme to sell more doubloons to convert to fxp because I can't think of any other reason other then just pure greed to change a practice that has been established for years.

I am not sure what you mean I do not have to re grind it? :Smile_unsure:

image.thumb.png.545e6850a5c9a6546e24bf189ea996a3.png

[CATS]
Players
26,735 posts
14,367 battles
4 minutes ago, MutsuAraAra said:

We do not have to. Selling the Donskoi was your own decision.

And having to reasearch new ships in not really new in this game.

• Cool 3

[SM0KE]
Players
5,570 posts
13,858 battles
5 minutes ago, _Wolf33_ said:

I am not sure what you mean I do not have to re grind it? :Smile_unsure:

image.thumb.png.545e6850a5c9a6546e24bf189ea996a3.png

Presumably, this is all reference to the Russian cruiser line split that (I think) happens next patch:

• Moskva becomes a new semi-premium (acquiring permaflage in the process, if you didn't have it already).
  • The single cruiser branch becomes two branches, with new T10s for both.
  • If you want the T10 that replaces Moskva, you have to play Donskoi again to get it (or use free xp), as you originally did to get Moskva.

There is some discussion as to the fairness/new precedent aspects of this; personally, I don't have a problem with what WG have done here, but that's an entirely personal view (largely based on the new T10 being another made-up ship, I believe). Where I do object is the lack of compensation for anyone who previously bought permaflage for their Moskva (luckily, again personally, this doesn't include me).....

• Cool 6

Players
2,900 posts
9 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

• Moskva becomes a new semi-premium

Wut is semi - premium :fish_book:

• Funny 1

Players
1,695 posts
16 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

Presumably, this is all reference to the Russian cruiser line split that (I think) happens next patch:

• Moskva becomes a new semi-premium (acquiring permaflage in the process, if you didn't have it already).
  • The single cruiser branch becomes two branches, with new T10s for both.
  • If you want the T10 that replaces Moskva, you have to play Donskoi again to get it (or use free xp), as you originally did to get Moskva.

There is some discussion as to the fairness/new precedent aspects of this; personally, I don't have a problem with what WG have done here, but that's an entirely personal view (largely based on the new T10 being another made-up ship, I believe). Where I do object is the lack of compensation for anyone who previously bought permaflage for their Moskva (luckily, again personally, this doesn't include me).....

Thank you for explaining it @Verblonde  :Smile_honoring:

Do I rebuy Donskoi?

Players
2,823 posts
19,137 battles
47 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

It's a flacid Mocva at full length

• Funny 8

Modder
4,873 posts
22,141 battles
3 hours ago, lossi_2018 said:

Free perma camo + -50% to costs, without any camo, so such ship is better then sliver one with perma camo.

And ability to move captain without any penalty.

So differences are:

- she don't generate such amount of silver like premium ship, but it's rather impossible to make debt, even playing without premium time

- she can be nerfed freely by WG

• Cool 2

[4_0_4]
Players
7,597 posts
13,811 battles
2 hours ago, MutsuAraAra said:

Convert Exp? Why, not like you get tools to swim in free exp with a decent match. :cap_haloween:

[MAS-X]
Players
385 posts
9,200 battles

I already have the Moskov, and my donskoi have 250k exp left waiting for the new cruiser.

What you mean i have to regrind?

I don't belive the donskoi will change and its experience will be reduced.

You complain that you have 0 experience on the Donskoi and have to regrind a new ship after already having unlock Moskov?

Well, is a bit disappointing but seriously, you are getting a tier X with premium camo for like... 250 k grinding experience.

I must remind you that the Haiate costs 2 millions FREE experience.

The Alaska costs 1 million, and for a price similar to the Moskov the only premium you can unlock is the tier 7 Nelson.

Sorry but is not unfair, and don't misunderstand.

I really hate WG policy on many things, like the Odin nerf, the russian unbalance, the fact that they will introduce subs in the game.

But on this they are being even too nice.

Who should complain is the people who paid to have the premium camo on the Moskov

• Cool 2

Players
7,048 posts
245 battles
22 minutes ago, Zemeritt said:

Convert Exp? Why, not like you get tools to swim in free exp with a decent match. :cap_haloween:

Until you get several losses in a row, with serB quietly and seductively whispering in your ear 'how terrible', complete with a fat grin on his little face.

1,585 posts
14,676 battles

I cleaned up this thread a bit. Please stay on topic and stop assigning different meanings to the same word just to start random arguments.

Players
207 posts
15,055 battles

I could be interested in buying the red camo for my Lenin. Other than that i don't care. Or just sell me a perma red camo for Lenin. That's all i want.

[LSCA]
Players
1,122 posts
9,293 battles

if you not have enoh xp for new tier 10 ship then yes you need the

Donskoi again, but if you have the xp already then no.

i collected xp for both the moskva and that new ship, and then i sell that

[IRON7]
Players
370 posts
10,631 battles

I thought the only reason to regrind any T10 ship was to gain some special better module of some sort to make your T10 ship more 'OP' - is this not correct?

I figure this is just a WG trick so that the actual hard work of bringing out new tech tree lines is reduced.

Like an Ita DD line or an Eu Cruiser line or Commonwealth ship line(s)?

[NECRO]
Players
1,584 posts

Nobody has to (re)grind that paper ship at all. You can play the game without it, I assure you.

Vor 10 Stunden, lossi_2018 sagte:

Same as semi-virgin, probably. Has some features of both alternatives, but not all? :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

[THESO]
Players
4,077 posts
10 hours ago, kfa said:

You get to keep the ship you grinded - the Moskva. 

If you want another T10, you have to unlock it the usual way, playing a T9. 

Problem? 

Hes got a point.

I wasted 150k fxp on Donskoi....

How did the usn cruiser split work... Or cv rework?

[XTREM]
Players
3,794 posts
11,211 battles
3 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

Hes got a point.

what's your free xp spending have to do with that? You don't need to regrind donskoi but simply grind the new tier 10.

I completely skipped donskoi with free xp. Doesn't mean the fxp is lost. 

[JRM]
Players
6,574 posts
24,751 battles
10 hours ago, MutsuAraAra said:

This exact form of split with ship/s going to premium/reward category after split didnt happen in WOWS before (maybe at very early game stages like alpha/beta but not since) so there is no real precedence for it really...

That said we do get free reward ship, for those that had good luck in boxes a free Peteopavlovsk camo might be considered a compensation for the purchased Moskva camo (I will likely get it for instance) and most guys dont have prem moskva camo anyways, on other notion I have some 250k on donkey as she stands and even if I hadnt I like donkey she is a good kiting cruiser even if she can be a tad boring at times

[THESO]
Players
4,077 posts
3 minutes ago, _Warfarin_ said:

what's your free xp spending have to do with that? You don't need to regrind donskoi but simply grind the new tier 10.

I completely skipped donskoi with free xp. Doesn't mean the fxp is lost. 

In my book playing Donskoi all over again = regrinding Donskoi.

Its a ship i don't like. And I have to re-grind it.

• Bad 1

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,873 posts
11,906 battles
9 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

Hes got a point.

is it WGs fault that you dont like the Donskoi?

Back in wot people got a free T8 prem (T34) after a tech tree rework, do we expect WG to always give out free stuff on top of that we get to keep everything we unlocked?

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,873 posts
11,906 battles
2 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

You dont have to. Its your own choice. You didnt lose anything with the split.

[THESO]
Players
4,077 posts
Just now, kfa said:

is it WGs fault that you dont like the Donskoi?

Back in wot people got a free T8 prem (T34) after a tech tree rework, do we expect WG to always give out free stuff on top of that we get to keep everything we unlocked?

I don't give a damn about WOT as I never ever played it. Why do you guys all assume we all came from WOT? :)

I only stated how I feel. I FXPd a ship I did not like. And I have to play it again.

[XTREM]
Players
3,794 posts
11,211 battles
4 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

grinding for donskoi means you play chapa. 

Grinding for Moksva/Nevsky means you are playing donskoi. 

Only thing you are in need of doing is play donskoi or spend another fxp for the new t10. 

Where is the problem?