You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Xlanger80X

The new launcher! A challenge accepted!

57 comments in this topic

[130]
Players
19 posts
4,900 battles

Hi to everyone reading,

since WG forces the WGC on me, I accept this challenge!

I will challenge myself to not load another piece of software and see how long I can resist the urge to playing WoWS.

The latest days showed me that WoWS isnt the game it used to be and will never be (maybe it never was what I imagined? Who knows?). In fact it will get worse imho. 

But how do you gonna stop playing if its so easy to just start the game and give in to the urge?

WG helped me! 

If I want to play now I have to install sth. otherwise I cant play anymore. 

Thanks WG :)

P.S.: Im a beta-player with extended pauses during the years but managed to get my favourite lines to T10. Now they are useless cause of powercreep, another reason :)

And 57% wr make me not your average potato (<50%), but a potato with a hat.

When there is an option to get my WoWS account transferred to steam (which I use since it was est. in 2003) I would gladly use this. But I wont install another merchandise-plattform.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 5

[NCDF]
Players
146 posts
4,869 battles

You don't even need the launcher to launch the game. All you need it for is updating the game for patches... 

Btw, you won't play any game on steam without having to instal steam first. Just saying...

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
26,731 posts
14,356 battles
16 minutes ago, Xlanger80X said:

P.S.: Im a beta-player with extended pauses during the years but managed to get my favourite lines to T10. Now they are useless cause of powercreep, another reason :)

When they are useless to you, then you are playing them wrong. For example Des Moines is the strongest Tier X silver CA at the moment.

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,147 posts
16,279 battles
4 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

When they are useless to you, then you are playing them wrong. For example Des Moines is the strongest Tier X silver CA at the moment.

Boy do i have news for you .. Have you met Venezia ? 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[CATS]
Players
26,731 posts
14,356 battles
1 minute ago, Corvi said:

Boy do i have news for you .. Have you met Venezia ? 

You were saying?

image.thumb.png.22a249bfd85bb64780d6e640b21862b7.png

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/index.html

And that is with Venezia being played by more Veteran players as she is relativly new and DM being the third most played Cruiser at Tier X (1st Smolensk, 2nd Hindenburg, Venezia is 7th).

• Cool 2

[130]
Players
19 posts
4,900 battles
21 minutes ago, Echo_519 said:

You don't even need the launcher to launch the game. All you need it for is updating the game for patches... 

Btw, you won't play any game on steam without having to instal steam first. Just saying...

Do you have a problem with reading or understanding? You must be one of the 95 % of WoWS players that cant manage to win half of their games.

See WG, when players that visit your forums cant even read a short paragraph without missing viable information how could they ever be able to manage or participate in a teameffort with uneven odds?

Like I wrote I use steam since 2003 and wont install ANOTHER platform.

• Bad 4

[ALYEN]
Players
1,619 posts
3,585 battles
6 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

You were saying?

And that is with Venezia being played by more Veteran players as she is relativly new and DM being the third most played Cruiser at Tier X (1st Smolensk, 2nd Hindenburg, Venezia is 7th).

Soo ... better average XP, much better damage, better K/B, much better survivability with better tanking and spotting ... better hit ration ... gee I wonder why the WR lacks so far behind ...

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[CATS]
Players
26,731 posts
14,356 battles
2 minutes ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

Soo ... better average XP, much better damage, better K/B, much better survivability with better tanking and spotting ... better hit ration ... gee I wonder why the WR lacks so far behind ...

• doing less important damage
  • sinking less important ships
  • being less successful around caps
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[130]
Players
19 posts
4,900 battles
7 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

You were saying?

I liked playing Des Memes, until WG made a meme out of Des Memes Anti-air.

I'd say anybody who has no stalingrad plays des moines / venezia /moskva, and when you have the stalin you dont need any other. Probably a few more stalingrads to be seen after the steel-sellout with goliath.

• Funny 1

[ALYEN]
Players
1,619 posts
3,585 battles
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:
  • doing less important damage
  • sinking less important ships
  • being less successful around caps

sarcasm detector failed ? or no excel table for that ...

• Funny 2
  • Bad 1

[130]
Players
19 posts
4,900 battles
2 hours ago, Latouche_Treville said:

*EDIT*

Ever? You think im salty now? And I havent played WoWS today. You should see me after an hour of ranked :D

After years of this its all bitterness. 

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,147 posts
16,279 battles
19 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

You were saying?

More avarage XP, more avarage kills and a lot more avarage dmg. Basically all stats are better, only win rate is slightly higher on DM, wich is only atributed to the radar. Venezia is the better ship.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
26,731 posts
14,356 battles
16 minutes ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

sarcasm detector failed ? or no excel table for that ...

You were pointing out were Venezia is better and I was pointing out why DM wins more. Nothing else.

13 minutes ago, Corvi said:

More avarage XP, more avarage kills and a lot more avarage dmg. Basically all stats are better, only win rate is slightly higher on DM, wich is only atributed to the radar. Venezia is the better ship.

The ship that wins more, is the better ship. Especially when the weaker ship is played by the stronger players on average.

• Cool 2

Players
729 posts
8 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

The ship that wins more, is the better ship. Especially when the weaker ship is played by the stronger players on average.

In 10,000 games, by those percentages, the DM is winning 15 more games than the Venezia. In the meantime, the Venezia (at 92 extra XP per game on average) is earning 920,000 more XP than the DM. I'd prefer the 'worse' ship, personally.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
26,731 posts
14,356 battles
10 minutes ago, NobleSauvage said:

In 10,000 games, by those percentages, the DM is winning 15 more games than the Venezia. In the meantime, the Venezia (at 92 extra XP per game on average) is earning 920,000 more XP than the DM. I'd prefer the 'worse' ship, personally.

You can play what you want. Everyone has preferences. I personally prefer the Bismarck to the Vladi. But I would never claim that Bismarck is stronger than Vladi.

• Cool 2

[-TPF-]
Players
3,920 posts
16,145 battles
1 hour ago, Xlanger80X said:

I will challenge myself to not load another piece of software and see how long I can resist the urge to playing WoWS.

But it's fine. It works. What is this obsession people have with not installing launchers? 

• Cool 2

[130]
Players
19 posts
4,900 battles
2 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

But it's fine. It works. What is this obsession people have with not installing launchers? 

WoWS had a simple launcher, which I used to update. basically no features in that but updates and links to the news. Totally sufficient for what i needed and wanted.

I started WoWs with a shortcut to the *.exe in steam as a -non-steam-game since WG wasnt able to switch WoWS accounts to steam when they offered it there. So I have no general problem with launchers.

I use this rare occasion when a gamedev makes a questionable decision (forcing a not needed piece of monetization-software on me) to try quitting a game I dumped a lot of time in and I have a hard time avoiding since the access with the old launcher was so easy. 

Maybe the launcher is just the hurdle I needed, Ill see in a few weeks.

• Boring 2

[-TPF-]
Players
3,920 posts
16,145 battles
8 minutes ago, Xlanger80X said:

forcing a not needed piece of monetization-software on me

Why is it "monetization-software"?

• Cool 2

Players
729 posts
55 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

You can play what you want. Everyone has preferences. I personally prefer the Bismarck to the Vladi. But I would never claim that Bismarck is stronger than Vladi.

So can you in fact. But we're not talking about the Bismarck and the Vladi, we're talking about a marginal difference in one category and a sizeable one in another of comparable importance for the DM and the Venezia. If you choose to prioritise win rate over XP gain, that's your business as well, but I would never claim based on those numbers that the DM is the 'stronger' ship.

• Bad 1

[CATS]
Players
26,731 posts
14,356 battles
1 minute ago, NobleSauvage said:

So can you in fact. But we're not talking about the Bismarck and the Vladi, we're talking about a marginal difference in one category and a sizeable one in another of comparable importance for the DM and the Venezia. If you choose to prioritise win rate over XP gain, that's your business as well, but I would never claim based on those numbers that the DM is the 'stronger' ship.

In a team based competition, winning counts.

When a soccer team ends up with one more point at the end of the season than the second team, they are still the champions. Even if the second team scored more goals and won all matches against the champions and the players of the second team earn more money.

• Cool 3

Players
729 posts
20 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

In a team based competition, winning counts.

When a soccer team ends up with one more point at the end of the season than the second team, they are still the champions. Even if the second team scored more goals and won all matches against the champions and the players of the second team earn more money.

If a soccer team ends up with one more win (technically one and a half) than another team over 1000 matches, that counts. In a season, they won't play anywhere near that number and so they wouldn't statistically have won any more at all. If the other team has better goal difference, that lack of extra wins means the first team will not be the champions. The difference in the win rates between those two ships is not significant enough to make much or any difference to any one player (those who play 10k+ games in them excepted), whereas the XP difference is.

Aside from anything else, the primary reward for winning in this team game is extra XP; the Venezia makes more than enough over the DM that the advantage from notional extra wins is easily eclipsed.

In statistics, numbers (ahah) count. Although I admit I wouldn't want to play football against you if you turned up with a Des Moines.

• Funny 2

[CATS]
Players
26,731 posts
14,356 battles
15 minutes ago, NobleSauvage said:

If a soccer team ends up with one more win (technically one and a half) than another team over 1000 matches, that counts.

That is not how soccer works.

17 minutes ago, NobleSauvage said:

Aside from anything else, the primary reward for winning in this team game is extra XP; the Venezia makes more than enough over the DM that the advantage from notional extra wins is easily eclipsed.

The primary reward for winning is winning. When you play primarily for XP, I know where your problem is.

• Cool 1

[OZYR]
[OZYR]
Players
719 posts
13,694 battles
2 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

Why is it "monetization-software"?

You can call it "ad space":). I hope it clears the waters....

• Boring 1