You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
kfa

PSA: Odin nerfed right before release (again)

218 comments in this topic

[THESO]
Beta Tester
1,751 posts
11,031 battles

Because it would powercreep other T8 battleships :cap_haloween:

15% main battery reload nerf, slight AA and secondary buffs. 

EZbo97-XYAE-GOP.png

• Cool 5
  • Funny 18
  • Angry 1

Players
297 posts
4,981 battles

Are you guys ready to get this great ship?

I am positive that it will annihilate Vladivostocks left and right.

And I can already see underpowered premiums like Georgia and Jean Beart shivering in fear of her totally not situational torps and secondaries.

Good job, WG!

• Funny 8

[G-S-W]
Players
433 posts

On a side note, Mainz performs better than Bagration and Ochakov. Why not give them the benefit of the doubt, especially with this last round of changes reinforcing the style of German BBs.

However if the ship is a dud, I'll be really miffed.

• Funny 4

[CATS]
Players
24,787 posts
13,697 battles
8 minutes ago, thisismalacoda said:

On a side note, Mainz performs better than Bagration and Ochakov. Why not give them the benefit of the doubt, especially with this last round of changes reinforcing the style of German BBs.

The difference is, with Mainz WG listened to the community.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

Players
1,914 posts
6,509 battles
16 minutes ago, thisismalacoda said:

Unless I'm mistaken the German BB "style of play" is brawling yet this ship had over 10k of health removed during testing, which Testers who made a video/post about it all seemed to complain about as it makes it unable to brawl effectively, so I'm not sure how a small 0.2km buff to secondaries is "reinforcing the style of German BBs" when the HP nerf directly opposes the German BB play style.

• Cool 11

[SHAD]
Players
2,158 posts
10,145 battles

CCs can have good games with this but looking at what happens when you try and brawl and your health vaporises!

I was eyeing up the starter pack but to be honest  But I just want to ignore this ship now.

• Cool 4

[-TCP-]
Players
202 posts

So Dockyard then. Graf Spee is utterly neutered these days, other than for collectors its not worth the pixels. Now Odin, nerfed into the ground. Well that's one event I won't be concentrating on at all. 

• Cool 8

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,270 posts
18,380 battles
31 minutes ago, TruePhoenix said:

Well that's one event I won't be concentrating on at all. 

I'll get the free stuff, screw WG. They ain't worth anything.

• Cool 8

[-SBF-]
[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
716 posts
13,503 battles
53 minutes ago, TruePhoenix said:

So Dockyard then. Graf Spee is utterly neutered these days, other than for collectors its not worth the pixels. Now Odin, nerfed into the ground. Well that's one event I won't be concentrating on at all. 

Graf Spee was nerfed? When did that happen?

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,270 posts
18,380 battles
3 minutes ago, Lieut_Gruber said:

Graf Spee was nerfed? When did that happen?

IFHE/Armor plating change. Graf Spee got a nerf to bow and stern armor. Now it's a paltry 16mm. So you eat massive damage from everyone.

• Cool 8
  • Funny 1

[THESO]
Beta Tester
1,751 posts
11,031 battles
38 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

IFHE/Armor plating change. Graf Spee got a nerf to bow and stern armor. Now it's a paltry 16mm. So you eat massive damage from everyone.

wtf, isnt DD plating 19mm? :D

Players
2,553 posts
4,215 battles

I really don't care about Odin. I just want Ludendorff. And I will kill wg if they make Luden for free EXP.

• Cool 1

Players
7,448 posts
8,277 battles
1 hour ago, Aragathor said:

Ah yes, the Graf Spee lost 3 mm on the bow and stern, meaning it no longer can facetank the 272 mm or lower calber shells like when it had 19 mm. Now it gets overmatched already by 223 mm shells. RIP Graf Spee, getting murdered by Cheshire since 2020.

Sorry, but the 3 mm change to the Graf Spee didn't do anything important, because except for the absolutely pathetic Cheshire, not one ship in the natural MM of a Graf Spee cares about these 3 mm difference. Neither in regards to HE or AP. The Graf Spee meanwhile received extensive 25 mm plating over the entire midsection. If there has been one thing that Graf Spee might have issues with is how many heavy cruisers now have 25 mm, so they no longer get overmatched on the upper belt, only bow and stern. But in regards to her own survivability, Graf Spee is better off post-rework than pre-rework.

28 minutes ago, kfa said:

wtf, isnt DD plating 19mm? :D

And mid-tier DD plating isn't 19 mm. That's high tier DDs.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

Players
999 posts
5,786 battles

I was ready to fork out the 8000 doubloon for the starter pack, no I'm not interested in the event anymore.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,954 posts
8,322 battles

I'm kind of happy about this actually...I was maybe just slightly considering paying the 3500 dubs to get it, but now I won't have to.

• Cool 12
  • Funny 1

[MAS-X]
Players
318 posts
7,749 battles

i wonder what would happen, if odin was a russian bb and not a german one...

just wondering

actually, having a worthless ship as prize for an event at the beginning of the summer is not that bad

means that i can go to beach and enjoy my time in open air, instead of wasting my time on a game that gets worse and worse at every patch, and that i will not play anymore if subs will enter in random battles

• Cool 8

Players
6,409 posts
245 battles

Why did they nerf the main reload battery? I mean its nice too see her secs and AA get buffed (and slightly nerfed).

I can see why cali got her reload nerf.

[DREAD]
Players
643 posts

Why are we supposed to want this, when Tirpitz exists again?

It did not get attractive.. when the DPM is on Tirpitz level... but without overmatch an worse penetration...

[CAIN]
Players
4,240 posts
17,286 battles

No surprise there, it's a german ship after all.

The argument it would power creep other TVIII Bbs is mindbogglingly dumb that i can't find insults to describe how dumb it is.

#JustWGThings

• Cool 11

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,783 posts
6,752 battles

Dont know why People make such a Fuss about it. 

It was already an underpowered piece of trash before this nerf. And its still an underpowered piece of trash after this nerf.

Nothing has changed at all.

Its basicly a Trophy for the Port which looks nice and should better never leave the Dockyard because its Combat Capacity is basicly worse than T7 Scharnhorst....

• Cool 6

[L4GG]
Players
2,683 posts
9,863 battles

4 hours ago, kfa said:

Because it would powercreep other T8 battleships :cap_haloween:

15% main battery reload nerf, slight AA and secondary buffs. 

EZbo97-XYAE-GOP.png

Well, I don't know what were the values in the beginning, when Odin was considered Fun but when I compare the AA values with this.

AA.png.4984abfd006724842b358149d8bef495.png

I think it will be okish.

[MAS-X]
Players
318 posts
7,749 battles
15 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

Dont know why People make such a Fuss about it. 

It was already an underpowered piece of trash before this nerf. And its still an underpowered piece of trash after this nerf.

Nothing has changed at all.

Its basicly a Trophy for the Port which looks nice and should better never leave the Dockyard because its Combat Capacity is basicly worse than T7 Scharnhorst....

A Trophy that costs a lot of grinding and dobulons.

I really wonder how many will actually pay for that crapship, and how many will be happy after trying it for some time.

Know what? Maybe we are looking at it in the wrong way:

If you are a pro, who's bored cause he wins too easily every match, a crapship like the odin is actually a good deal that will make the game more challenging for them, and more balanced for the normal players that meet them :D

• Funny 4

[4_0_4]
Players
7,257 posts
13,389 battles
2 hours ago, Bunny_Lover_Kallen said:

But in regards to her own survivability, Graf Spee is better off post-rework than pre-rework.

I'd still prefer if she would also get the 25mm bow/stern the Pepsi and NO got.

• Cool 2