You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Mods Policy

89 comments in this topic

Players
12 posts
20,821 battles

to make WoW really honest.... ban ALL the MODs, Aslains included, than we are talking about fair play for everyone.

• Cool 12
  • Bad 18

Players
2,039 posts
19,941 battles
2 minutes ago, Warlord_Gerrit said:

to make WoW really honest.... ban ALL the MODs, Aslains included, than we are talking about fair play for everyone.

How is a weeb captain mod or anything cosmetic affecting you or fair play? Please remember that a lot of useful options in the game came about through mods, for example damage counter, smoke boundaries, ship names on minimap etc.

• Cool 15

Players
2,893 posts
14,331 battles
11 minutes ago, Warlord_Gerrit said:

I agree with that, even, fairy talking, all players can also download mods and install them. I'm not going to be radical here; I use them because I find them very useful, but I woukdn't mind to ban them all. We know that some players use "special" mods here, and maybe banning the "normal" ones would help to detect the cheaters.

PS: I asume Aslain's is permitted here, BTW

• Cool 1

Players
534 posts
22 minutes ago, The_EURL_Guy said:

Using various pieces of software and mods in World of Warships? Then make sure you read the following information carefully.

Read it on the portal

Does this mean that players using bots will actually be seriously dealt with now? It seems like this hasn't been a priority when people have reported botting in the past.

• Cool 9

[SLAPP]
[SLAPP]
Players
14 posts
23,319 battles

Pretty sure most people have no understanding of what mods do ...the vast majority are nothing more than cosmetics some are just quality of life ….many mods have been added directly to the game as mentioned above . If u need to be told not to cheat using aim bots well they  wont listen and don't care until they are caught. lets face it WGing or anyone else has little or no chance of ever catching them and have little ability to even prove it, if by some miracle some one is caught cheating then they shouldn't have any warnings they should be perma banned , full stop ...not as if they didn't realise what they doing and it was quite deliberate . Another reality is most potatoes lvl players see hax every game usually as they broadside and get deleted or park in their smoke and get blatted and have no understanding how .Ive played over 19k games and been accuse and seen other accused of Hax endlessly and been reported just for killing nuggets that have no idea how to play or understand why they die...…….. every game. I will say ive seen quite a few players of late that are using bot programs , very bad ones as they tend to sail to random areas and shoot at random if they shoot at all ….. be nice if Wging could deal with them .

Edited by _kraken__
adding
  • Cool 4

[BITAM]
[BITAM]
Players
25 posts
6,914 battles

Even community contributors - twitch streamers are using cosmetic mods not included in modstation

• Cool 5

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,301 posts
15,666 battles

I hope this include bots for farming.

I reported a guy for using a bot but nothing has happend and he still "plays", on average 140 games/day (with 10 minutes/game that comes to 23 hours and 20 minutes/day, ON AVERAGE). He has "played" as many games in three months as I have in close to five years.

Another account with a similar name has played 40k games in two years. I suspect this guy grinds accounts with bots so he can sell them "full build" to the highest bidder.

• Cool 3

Modder
195 posts
8,206 battles
44 minutes ago, Darkeid said:

Even community contributors - twitch streamers are using cosmetic mods not included in modstation

In order to get a mod included in ModStation, you have to apply for it and be accepted. If a mod isn't included in the ModStation, that doesn't mean that it is illegal, it just means the modder didn't bother with applying (or doesn't know about it, or wasn't accepted for whatever reason). As long as a mod is published on the forums, it is allowed.

• Cool 1

Modder
195 posts
8,206 battles

Man, I sure wish Wargaming would not use the word "Mods" for two totally different things:

• Game modifications that use the official modding interfaces that has been put into the game by the developers themselves, which are hosted on WG forums, checked by Wargaming employees, and recognized and supported by Wargaming.
  • Hacks that alter the game in a prohibited way to gain advantage.

Because as it is now, half the players are too scared to use allowed mods, the other half demands to ban all mods (which would do nothing against hacks, by the way - those are already banned), and only a handful get to enjoy the total weebification of the game.

• Cool 4

[CAG]
Beta Tester
85 posts
10,597 battles
38 minutes ago, ItsJustAFleshWound said:

Anyone know why ModStation doesn't pick up the Microsoft Store version of WoWs?

It's probably to do with how the store deals with apps. Why not download the normal version instead?

Players
63 posts
498 battles
19 minutes ago, Alteisen said:

It's probably to do with how the store deals with apps. Why not download the normal version instead?

I use the Microsoft Store version so I can buy stuff with the gift cards and from Microsoft Rewards, which is also why my battle count is deceptive since it doesn't let you log in with an existing WG account on the Microsoft version.

• Cool 1

[META]
[META]
Players
147 posts
15,678 battles
1 hour ago, Perdita_Olio said:

Can somebody tell me how Wargaming knows I'm using a mod?

WG do not know if you are using a mod ... This is just normal gaming policy .. It would be nice with a comment from WG regarding aslain though .. But I will continue to use aslain and new aslain download just completed for install ...

Cheers!

[BPC]
Players
115 posts
4,839 battles
2 minutes ago, DarkPhariah said:

WG do not know if you are using a mod ... This is just normal gaming policy .. It would be nice with a comment from WG regarding aslain though .. But I will continue to use aslain and new aslain download just completed for install ...

Cheers!

i am very eager to know too if aslain is still allowed or if we are all redirected to the wows own modpack now. it could have been nice to have a selection of the commonly used modpacks stated which are allowed to avoid confusion.

[PIKES]
Players
347 posts
1 hour ago, Perdita_Olio said:

Can somebody tell me how Wargaming knows I'm using a mod?

Perhaps after each init of the software, they can check the game files installed, the memory profile in your computer and the starter program sends a report to the WG after we log in.

• Cool 1

[CAPT]
Players
489 posts
12,416 battles

I use mods on many of the games I play but because I post screenshots on DeviantArt (I'm 62Guy there), and I don't want to alter the appearance of the ships/background, I don't use any mods. :cap_cool:

• Cool 1

Players
75 posts
15,187 battles

So, as far as I can read, you can Use modstation, but not aslain. So if you end up reporting a bot, you will be punished, cause on your screen shot, it would appear a mod that WG doesn't approve, even if its completely fair to the gameplay. Seriously WG, are you making money from modstation and aslain didn't cut you a deal so you ban him? Because modstation is pretty similar to aslains mod. Just tiny differences, purely cosmetic.

Players
51 posts
16,012 battles
4 minutes ago, Aslain said:

Huh? You are totaly wrong, I'm working closely with WG when it comes to mods. Everything posted on WG WoWs forums is allowed and pre-moderated, so is my modpack.. Please stop giving advices without proper knowledge about that matter.

Thanks

Aslain, nice to get a proper answer

• Cool 3