Sign in to follow this  
Pappus

Flooding should behave like fire (stacking)

11 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
101 posts
2,001 battles

The slow part obviously shouldn't, but if the dot of choice is alawys fire because it deals more damage it is a bit sad. It makes for poor gameplay if you always have to torp first and then pray to the gods that you get 2-3 fires, because flooding is not really that damaging (I think it is like 1.5x fires?)

That way we could be more liberal in attack force useages on the CVs

[UTW]
Alpha Tester
1,947 posts
6,872 battles

I believe it stacks, otherwise they wouldn't count the number of time you caused flooding with multiple torpedoes on a single ship. 

Alpha Tester
2,271 posts
1,040 battles

The damage is not stacking from what I know, it will just reset to full cooldown if you are hit again (with breach) once you are flooding.

Beta Tester
101 posts
2,001 battles

Yes I thought it would stack too giving a torpedo salvo and seeing like 4x flooding, but it doesn't. You can tell that there is no indication for you how much you are flooding yourself for example. With fire you can see exactly if it is 1,2 or 3 but flooding is just a single icon without any numerical indications. Hence you know flooding is just a debuff.

Fire works strange in the same way you cannot ignite someone that is already burning. The fire needs to go out first before you can refresh the fire as far as I can tell.

Alpha Tester
2,271 posts
1,040 battles

Fire works strange in the same way you cannot ignite someone that is already burning. The fire needs to go out first before you can refresh the fire as far as I can tell.

Nope you can have up to 4 fires, you just need to start them on different ship's parts.

Beta Tester
101 posts
2,001 battles

Nope you can have up to 4 fires, you just need to set different ship's parts.

I have only seen CVs ever take 4 fires

Weekend Tester
612 posts

Can we have some detailed info on that. I noticed you can have multiple fires from damage indication, but how many and where ?

Do they just stack 4 fires from he hits that egnited, or are there X ( predetermined number ) of ship modules/parts that can be set on fire ?

Alpha Tester
2,271 posts
1,040 battles

I have only seen CVs ever take 4 fires

Because it's easier to set them on fire. BBs also can have up to 4 fires, but I'm not sure if CVs can have up to 5. Cruisers are max 3 I think, but I never saw something official.

Beta Tester
1,746 posts
1,390 battles

Is the amount of fires also tier related? Could imagine a Yamato taking five fires.

[FIFO]
Beta Tester
413 posts
876 battles

torps come in spreads, having a stacking flood will make for massive DoT damage applied in a very short time frame on top of the massive torp damage spike.

flood is about twice as strong as a level 1 fire, people complain like no other about level 3 fires...image the whine when level 3 floods start to decimate 2.5K health per second.

Beta Tester
1,196 posts
5,309 battles

flood is about twice as strong as a level 1 fire, people complain like no other about level 3 fires...image the whine when level 3 floods start to decimate 2.5K health per second.

If torpedo flooding damage was stacking it is fair to assume a single flooding would also cause less damage to balance out.

In a Carrier setup with 2 squads of Torpedo- and 2 of Dive bombers, I find that fires generally caused 2-3 times as much damage as flooding in the summary screen after the game, but on the other hand torpedoes caused vastly higher alpha damage and usually ends up ahead anyways if you sum it up together.

Sign in to follow this