You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
StevetheFluteTiger01

Kitakami Class Cruiser

17 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
7 posts
8,310 battles

Hi there I was wondering if someone could help sometimes when I have played all of a sudden you come up against a Kitakaml Class Cruiser with loads of torpedoes as I have found to my cost is this a special ship only available to top players or just a ship for the developers.  Hope someone can solve the mystery and if it will be available for players, thanks.

Regards

Steve

[KOKOS]
Beta Tester, Players
3,371 posts
8,809 battles

Kitakami is already available ingame.

You have to buy it with Gold/Doubloons.

Check the Japanes Tech Tree.

Kitakami will cost you 9750 Gold/Doubloons.

:honoring:

Alpha Tester
1,427 posts
558 battles

It's just a tier 8 premium.  You pay for it with the gold currency that you pay money for.  It already is available, or was last time I looked.

[UTW]
Alpha Tester
1,947 posts
6,870 battles

It's a normal premium tier 7 or 8, buyable with golds. Check the japanese tech tree. 

Tip, she is not as good as her paper stats show it. Just wreck her before she closes the distance. 

Weekend Tester
184 posts
381 battles

It is a ship reserved for the few who are worthy. To see if you are worthy you must undertake a fearsome series of challenges that will challenge the very core of your being. First you must undertake to open the game and log in. If you have managed to accomplish this you must then navigate your way to the "tech tree". If you are one of the few that made it this far then it is advised you wait until low tide before proceeding. Many have fallen through not taking this precaution. Once you are ready to continue you should find tier 8 in the tech tree There you will see the Kitikami, select it and you will be able to preview it. Steel yourself however as the worst is yet to come. You must now examine both your heart and your wallet to see if you are willing to make the sacrifice that the masters require. Not many are able to make the sacrifice, but if you are able then purchase the kitikami and may God be with you.

I'm sorry coursework and lack of sleep may have driven me crazy.

Edited by Conte_Vincero
  • Cool 6

[POI--]
Beta Tester
192 posts
1,091 battles

I have it, I hate it. If you get seen then you will die as it has no armor and almost a destroyers amount of HP. They gave it smoke but it doesn't feel like it helped, it needs 15km torps since they are its main weapon. 10km puts you in range of everything from BBs all the way down to DD guns, so if you want to fire torps you need hard cover or you will die. It just doesn't work.

Beta Tester
362 posts
826 battles

I have got it and wished I hadn't bothered, almost useless except for spamming torps all over the place and getting out of the area as fast as you can. I wonder if it may become useful in a future map.

[MIMI]
Beta Tester
723 posts
2,861 battles

If they implemented collisions with bird droppings, Kitakamis would blow up without enemy contact all the time. They get citted in almost every hit and are my favorite enemy to see. A shame they only have so few HP, I'd like to shoot at them much longer than it takes to kill them...

Edited by Kruzenstern

Beta Tester
69 posts
3,957 battles

I bought it. And after many many many matches where I tried everything, every single tactic... which didn't work, I was so upset that I sold it, to avoid waisting any time on it in the future!

Alpha Tester
650 posts
1,133 battles

Yup, kitakami sucks.

Her torps just never hit since everyone see them coming.

Alpha Tester
1,427 posts
558 battles

Please don't get the Kitakami if you don't know how to use torpedoes.  You'll just derp in it and add even more to the whine, and she'll end up as the most OP ship in history as ten thousand people give the feedback that chasing a BB in her shows that she sucks.

[WGP2D]
Supertester, Beta Tester
763 posts
5,903 battles

I had a few fun matches in the Kita. I managed to ambush a Yamato once and the tears and rage were delicious. OP Premium crap he said.:teethhappy:

Anyway, I wouldn't buy her again unless she gets 15km to 21km torps.

Players
465 posts
6,279 battles

the Kitakami is a love/hate thing, You have to be gentle with it you can't just rush in or you will not last long, However one grievance right now is that the BB turn rate has been buffed so hard that they can easily avoid them unless you fire them around an island but alas thats not always possible but i have had some good games with it. just dont let waves hit you instant cit hit . . .

Alpha Tester
1,427 posts
558 battles

However one grievance right now is that the BB turn rate has been buffed so hard that they can easily avoid them unless you fire them around an island but alas thats not always possible

This is a very good point.  Yet another case where a buff to the Long Lance camo value would do wonders.

• Cool 1

[INTER]
Alpha Tester
168 posts
1,913 battles

I have had fun with it but it's not worth the nine games of grief to get that one nice match. I bought it again in Beta safely in the knowledge I would get my good back.