Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
hairy_poppins

CVs remain overpowered

28 comments in this topic

Players
10 posts
9,093 battles

Whilst I am inexperienced nevertheless I can appreciate that carriers are now grossly overpowered at Tiers 9 & 10.

No other tactic other than sticking together as a large group for AA cover.

Positioning is redundant.

Frankly I am getting bored with that kind of gameplay. 

• Cool 6
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

Players
3,118 posts

They are powerful but as you said a couple of strategies can minimize their influence in game. It is the (un) equality of the teams imo that hurts gameplay more. Giving sub mode a shot will give you a few good laughs :)

• Cool 2

Players
7,461 posts
13,049 battles

I actually don't see the point. Because of AA stacking the CV is too powerful? It's just the way how you play against CV. Same counts for every ship type. Imagine no BBs would exist, how would cruiser play then? Or if now DDs would exist. Without DDs the BBs woudl be way more aggressive. So every ship type influences the game strategey.

And the design is, that AA stacks. So it's obviously the way to play against  CV.

Players
4,726 posts
13,720 battles

This conclusion has been made already multiple times. 

As long as WG doesn't make a move in regards to CVs however they will remain so. 

Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles
8 minutes ago, Pikkozoikum said:

I actually don't see the point. Because of AA stacking the CV is too powerful? It's just the way how you play against CV. Same counts for every ship type. Imagine no BBs would exist, how would cruiser play then? Or if now DDs would exist. Without DDs the BBs woudl be way more aggressive. So every ship type influences the game strategey.

And the design is, that AA stacks. So it's obviously the way to play against  CV.

Atleast all other classes can fight one another. CVs literally cant. Imagine 2 DDs sitting in a cap, and they couldnt fight each other, except for releasing some weapon, which can only fight DDs, but the enemy DD has to move into it to trigger it. CV interaction in a nutshell.

Ive seen games with almost only Cruisers, they are damn fun. Now imagine a game with 10 CVs on each side... just wow :cap_fainting:

• Funny 1

Players
7,461 posts
13,049 battles
4 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Atleast all other classes can fight one another. CVs literally cant. Imagine 2 DDs sitting in a cap, and they couldnt fight each other, except for releasing some weapon, which can only fight DDs, but the enemy DD has to move into it to trigger it. CV interaction in a nutshell.

Ive seen games with almost only Cruisers, they are damn fun. Now imagine a game with 10 CVs on each side... just wow :cap_fainting:

Yes, but other classes can't multiply there defences without even using manually their guns. That are different mechanics. If people really want to fight a carry like they fight other classes, then they have to change the AA to completly manual control, and allow more CVs per matches 3-4 each side. Otherwise you will never have an equal comparison, because the mechanics are different.

Also fight each other is pretty relative. BB vs DD is not a real fight. Or Radarcruiser against DD etc.

Players
10 posts
9,093 battles
On 2/27/2020 at 7:10 PM, Leo13131313 said:

In this thread https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/announcement/97-psa-ranked-battles-hp-restoration-for-aircrafts-issue/  is mentioned that the update was applied and the CV issue was corrected. I don't know what they have applied but planes are still invincible. Specifically, I had a squad attacking a DD under the AA of me in a full AA Hindy with DefAA, a Moskva and a Kremlin all together and still had no issue to attack, while losing planes only after the attack. And then again. And again. So WTF? Also, just a little advice: It doesn't matter what you'll write down here. They never took any advice about ranked and they won't do that now. They only change the tier and the mode, but never touch the core issues that make ranked so toxic, and these are: The mix-up of good and bad players by the MM, the retainment of the star and the usual selection of tier X for ranked. Make a tier 7 ranked, with no star retainment and add a variable to the MM about a player's winrate so the teams are more balanced and you'll have a great game mode. The current one is S_H_i-TT

Players
10 posts
9,093 battles
28 minutes ago, _Warfarin_ said:

This conclusion has been made already multiple times. 

As long as WG doesn't make a move in regards to CVs however they will remain so. 

Sorry I didn't realise there was a rule that you cant create a new thread on the same topic. The more we irritate the greater the chances of change. Small moves

Players
10 posts
9,093 battles
22 minutes ago, Pikkozoikum said:

Yes, but other classes can't multiply there defences without even using manually their guns. That are different mechanics. If people really want to fight a carry like they fight other classes, then they have to change the AA to completly manual control, and allow more CVs per matches 3-4 each side. Otherwise you will never have an equal comparison, because the mechanics are different.

Also fight each other is pretty relative. BB vs DD is not a real fight. Or Radarcruiser against DD etc.

Which would be fine if we could choose a cv or not cv game

[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
802 posts
16,040 battles
5 minutes ago, hairy_poppins said:

Sorry I didn't realise there was a rule that you cant create a new thread on the same topic. The more we irritate the greater the chances of change. Small moves

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/132108-general-cv-related-discussions/

[-LA-]
Players
787 posts
6,362 battles
46 minutes ago, steveraptor said:

There is a dedicated sticky thread for this, why are you opening a new thread?

ever posted in that thread? threres two groups shouting at each other and no ones reading anything may as well just ban CV discussion and save us time than throw threads into that.

• Funny 2

Players
7,461 posts
13,049 battles
8 minutes ago, hairy_poppins said:

It's common in forums, that multiple threads of the same topic get closed

7 minutes ago, hairy_poppins said:

Which would be fine if we could choose a cv or not cv game

I would like to choose between DD and no DD matches ^^

• Funny 2

Players
392 posts
3,934 battles
1 minute ago, Padds01 said:

ever posted in that thread? threres two groups shouting at each other and no ones reading anything may as well just ban CV discussion and save us time than throw threads into that.

Don't look at me, I'm just the messenger. its WG decision to make one CV thread.

[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
802 posts
16,040 battles
35 minutes ago, Padds01 said:

As soon as the usual suspects arrive in this topic, the shouting will happen here also. Most of us are a bit tired of the endless discussion, since both sides are in the trenches, no-one can win. The rework has changed a lot, but it will be never enough for the haters.

• Funny 1

[LMER]
Alpha Tester
231 posts
2,259 battles

I like when enemy tier 10 carrier does 20k damage and two fires to my Yamato with rocket planes in a single attack and you have no way to counter him from farming you... Carriers are truly a balanced class...in WGs magic wonderland they live in.

• Cool 1

Players
7,461 posts
13,049 battles
1 minute ago, Toni112007 said:

I like when enemy tier 10 carrier does 20k damage to my Yamato and two fires with rocket planes in a single attack...

But that doesn't happen often? I mean 20k and 2 fires soudns like one of the most luck shots ever ^^ Though I don't know, how the Tiny Tims perform

[SM0KE]
Players
7,963 posts
16,829 battles
1 hour ago, Padds01 said:

two groups shouting at each other and no ones reading anything

I tend to ignore sticky threads for exactly this reason. My personal assumption is that most stuff that gets single-thread-stickied is considered by WG to be 'discussion over' and they'd rather that we didn't talk about it. Because not talking about it is unrealistic - people need to vent on some subjects - the best they can do is the current approach, and hope enough of us avoid the stickies...

• Cool 1

Players
3,118 posts
1 hour ago, Toni112007 said:

I like when enemy tier 10 carrier does 20k damage and two fires to my Yamato with rocket planes in a single attack and you have no way to counter him from farming you... Carriers are truly a balanced class...in WGs magic wonderland they live in.

There's smol window of opportunity at start of game if yr CV flys straight for the red CV. Yami can hurt it as it is stationary at that time. If you land all shells you can blap it out of the water haha :)

PS: (plz don't do dat)

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
15,302 posts
22,260 battles
22 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

My personal assumption is that most stuff that gets single-thread-stickied is considered by WG to be 'discussion over' and they'd rather that we didn't talk about it.

Ironically that's actually something a WG employee brought up when asked about whether the number of complaints about CVs went down, to which he answered yes. Interestingly enough he remained completely silent when it was pointed out that sticky threads exist and other threads are being actively removed as a result.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[THESO]
Players
9,071 posts
46,264 battles

Depends a lot on the cv player skills. Because most of them don't play it well - mostly that's not a big issue. 

Players
86 posts
4 hours ago, hairy_poppins said:

Whilst I am inexperienced nevertheless I can appreciate that carriers are now grossly overpowered at Tiers 9 & 10.

No other tactic other than sticking together as a large group for AA cover.

Positioning is redundant.

Frankly I am getting bored with that kind of gameplay. 

CV is not broken , they nerfed kremlin AA ... :D

P.S. change order of the games you play , this don't have to be even on top 10 for reasons at least till they fix some reasons  ;)

[SPURD]
Beta Tester
593 posts
9,920 battles

CVs was the reason I stopped playing CB with my clan, CVS made the gameplay totally passive and boring as there was no BBs to tank anything 

Players
86 posts
5 minutes ago, woppy101 said:

CVs was the reason I stopped playing CB with my clan, CVS made the gameplay totally passive and boring as there was no BBs to tank anything 

now cv is tanking  hahahha , if you get my joke :D :D :D