Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
HassenderZerhacker

Map bug "northern waters"

20 comments in this topic

Players
1,202 posts
3,828 battles

in the middle of the map, at the center of zone B there is an island that allows spotting without getting spotted.

just got farmed by a player who exploited that bug.

Players
2,810 posts
11,390 battles

I watched the replay, but which part was it that you were getting farmed? You were not detected when you were not within LOS of enemy ships. You were spotted when you were shooting the enemy ships.

If you were talking about the last part when you got sunk I suspect that it was the Surrey who was spotting you, but it was very, very narrow LOS. Because you had fired earlier, your detection range increased and a very small angle of LOS was there when the Surrey pushed out. I don't really there are any bugs in this case.

Players
1,202 posts
3,828 battles
6 minutes ago, pra3y said:

I watched the replay, but which part was it that you were getting farmed? You were not detected when you were not within LOS of enemy ships. You were spotted when you were shooting the enemy ships.

If you were talking about the last part when you got sunk I suspect that it was the Surrey who was spotting you, but it was very, very narrow LOS. Because you had fired earlier, your detection range increased and a very small angle of LOS was there when the Surrey pushed out. I don't really there are any bugs in this case.

both times actually.

the first time, Skane was behind that island and spotted me first, then I only see him several seconds later.

he uses that island twice

[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
2,017 posts
13,202 battles
2 minutes ago, HassenderZerhacker said:

both times actually.

the first time, Skane was behind that island and spotted me first, then I only see him several seconds later.

That's totally not how it looked on the replay - everything looked fine to me.

At the end had you taken into account the Z23 who appeared at approx 8.5km away just after you died, I suspect he may have had LOS on you too just before you died.

• Cool 2

Players
1,202 posts
3,828 battles
3 minutes ago, xxNihilanxx said:

That's totally not how it looked on the replay - everything looked fine to me.

At the end had you taken into account the Z23 who appeared at approx 8.5km away just after you died, I suspect he may have had LOS on you too just before you died.

yes, I watched the replay again now, and everything appears fine on the replay, WTF ?

the spotted / not spotted alerts were totally different during the battle

don't watch the replay, folks nothing to see there... :-(

• Funny 2

Players
2,810 posts
11,390 battles
7 minutes ago, HassenderZerhacker said:

both times actually.

I was wrong on who was spotting you in the end. Should be the Z23 at 7F like what @xxNihilanxx said. Not sure about the start though. Maybe it is some delay in rendering or something. But you have to consider that the Skane was sailing out from behind cover while you are not sailing from cover but towards cover. 

Players
1,202 posts
3,828 battles
2 minutes ago, pra3y said:

I was wrong on who was spotting you in the end. Should be the Z23 at 7F like what @xxNihilanxx said. Not sure about the start though. Maybe it is some delay in rendering or something. But you have to consider that the Skane was sailing out from behind cover while you are not sailing from cover but towards cover. 

it's totally crazy, when I played the battle, I swear he was only shown to me when he was much closer. On the replay everything looks fine. *shakes head*

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
8,579 posts
3 hours ago, pra3y said:

With me what frequently happens I get fired upon and possibly even sunk several seconds after the detection range has returned to normal. Are they just naturally gifted, using force or am I missing something else here?

[JRM]
Players
8,972 posts

Detected alert as such has some bugs, I had several instances where I was quite evidently spotted as I had pinpoint accurate fire incoming despite manouvering while on my end I was "undetected", I woud say 99.9% of time it works perfectly but sometimes it just goes derp...

Players
2,810 posts
11,390 battles
9 hours ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

With me what frequently happens I get fired upon and possibly even sunk several seconds after the detection range has returned to normal. Are they just naturally gifted, using force or am I missing something else here?

Occasionally I lock on to a target sailing straight (say for example a DD sailing broadside) and line up my shot. After the DD drop off detection I shoot and still manage to hit.

I think just because you drop off detection doesn't mean that you are immediately safe as within that last few seconds you were spotted someone could have been lining up a shot at on you and only shot after you disappeared. So while it may appear incredible it is actually not. I will only worry if you are getting consistently hit after say maybe 10s from dropping off detection.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,377 posts
21,015 battles
Vor 11 Stunden, Karasu_Hidesuke sagte:

It is a skill that the enemy player learned.

You can learn it, too. Just predict where the target will go, adjust your lead and keep on shooting. 

• Cool 1

[BAD-F]
Beta Tester
775 posts
14,645 battles

You have to remember that on some rangers and some ships travel time of shell is 15 seconds.

If you are going in straight line then you will get it.

Worse is if enemy is horrible at aiming properly and you actually change direction and got shot, when straight lining would save you.

You just can pray it will miss you.

• Cool 1

Players
8,579 posts
3 hours ago, pra3y said:

Occasionally I lock on to a target sailing straight (say for example a DD sailing broadside) and line up my shot. After the DD drop off detection I shoot and still manage to hit.

I think just because you drop off detection doesn't mean that you are immediately safe as within that last few seconds you were spotted someone could have been lining up a shot at on you and only shot after you disappeared. So while it may appear incredible it is actually not. I will only worry if you are getting consistently hit after say maybe 10s from dropping off detection.

2 hours ago, Johnny_Moneto said:

It is a skill that the enemy player learned.

You can learn it, too. Just predict where the target will go, adjust your lead and keep on shooting. 

20 minutes ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

You have to remember that on some rangers and some ships travel time of shell is 15 seconds.

If you are going in straight line then you will get it.

Worse is if enemy is horrible at aiming properly and you actually change direction and got shot, when straight lining would save you.

You just can pray it will miss you.

That's how I've assumed it works, and sometimes I been able to get maybe one salvo hit after that myself but, however.. sometimes I could swear they manage to hit me even when I've made a sharp turn.. so they must be really experienced to guess that I'm turning and which way I'm turning. Also, most of this hits happen from mid to long ranges which makes it.. incredible. Of course, it could also simply mean they've been fired while I was still visible or very shortly after as you've suggested.

Players
2,810 posts
11,390 battles
21 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

That's how I've assumed it works, and sometimes I been able to get maybe one salvo hit after that myself but, however.. sometimes I could swear they manage to hit me even when I've made a sharp turn.. so they must be really experienced to guess that I'm turning and which way I'm turning. Also, most of this hits happen from mid to long ranges which makes it.. incredible. Of course, it could also simply mean they've been fired while I was still visible or very shortly after as you've suggested.

I think it is also affected by the size of the ship. For example, if it is a CV, BB or a larger cruiser, then even if you lose sight of them, you can still probably land about 3/4 salvo on them depending on your ships rate of fire. 

The other thing is the ship indicator. You can see if a ship that you locked on is turning or not so you just adjust your aim accordingly. That indicator helps because sometime you may not necessary notice that they are turning or angling away but they actually are.

Players
8,579 posts
12 minutes ago, pra3y said:

I think it is also affected by the size of the ship. For example, if it is a CV, BB or a larger cruiser, then even if you lose sight of them, you can still probably land about 3/4 salvo on them depending on your ships rate of fire. 

The other thing is the ship indicator. You can see if a ship that you locked on is turning or not so you just adjust your aim accordingly. That indicator helps because sometime you may not necessary notice that they are turning or angling away but they actually are.

But 'physically' they should not be able to see me after the detection range has returned to normal (unless someone I don't see is spotting me)?

Players
2,810 posts
11,390 battles
18 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

But 'physically' they should not be able to see me after the detection range has returned to normal (unless someone I don't see is spotting me)?

It's because a BB is big, so the chances of hitting it is higher even if it has dropped off detection, but only for a few salvos. As long as you aim in that general direction and grid square you will probably land a few hits every salvo. 

I guess you can think of it in a way as firing into smoke. You cant see the ship but if its a BB hiding in that smoke you'll probably hit it a few times at the very least. 

On the flip side its harder to hit a DD or smaller size ship in this manner.

Players
8,579 posts
1 hour ago, pra3y said:

It's because a BB is big, so the chances of hitting it is higher even if it has dropped off detection, but only for a few salvos. As long as you aim in that general direction and grid square you will probably land a few hits every salvo. 

I guess you can think of it in a way as firing into smoke. You cant see the ship but if its a BB hiding in that smoke you'll probably hit it a few times at the very least. 

On the flip side its harder to hit a DD or smaller size ship in this manner.

Most often this happens with my DD's...:Smile_hiding:

I don't usually smoke.

Except on social occasions. :Smile_unsure:

• Funny 1

[BAD-F]
Beta Tester
775 posts
14,645 battles

My personal opinion, non proven in any way, is that turning away from incoming fire will result in more hits than turning into incoming fire.

But you rarely want to turn towards enemy, especially in a DD.

Streamer Flamu has made video about blind firing and sometimes what he can do is just explaining why he has such stats.

In general replays would be nice as in heat of battle things looks different than in post battle analysis.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this