You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
nexmanus

Can we rerole the random missions and if No then why not ?

18 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
6 posts
90 battles

Hi, i have 3 missions right now that are all torpedo mission and i would like to scrap them and get new ones, can we remove them and if no can we have a system to switch them ?

I play mostly BB and Carriers and torpedo mission don't work on carrier torpedo planes ( if the missions worked on torpedo planes it would also be less of a problem) and a BB does not have torpedo's so now for the past week i have 3 missions that i cant do. I know i can try doing them on a cruiser or a DD but i dont like playing a DD and when ( and that is only ones in a while ) i play cruisers i play US cruisers so i dont use torpedos that much.

Beta Tester
105 posts
389 battles

You can't change them at the moment unfortunately.  I've got the same problem and there's nothing that can be done about it.

[KOKOS]
Beta Tester, Players
3,371 posts
8,811 battles

We are still in CBT, so we must test things....

I guess Wargaming will eventually "balance/re-balance" the missions also. :honoring:

Alpha Tester
1,427 posts
558 battles

They can't be re-rolled, and you shouldn't be able to re-roll them.  The point is to make you play differently to fulfil the various missions, not just be a pure income boost.  Otherwise they could just marginally raise the income rates.

Beta Tester
105 posts
389 battles

They can't be re-rolled, and you shouldn't be able to re-roll them.  The point is to make you play differently to fulfil the various missions, not just be a pure income boost.  Otherwise they could just marginally raise the income rates.

That's ok, except if they give someone with just BB's two ship based torpedo missions which is what I got.  I have mostly BBs and a couple of heavy CA's none of which use torps.  Tried using DDs and just can't do it well.  I keep dying b4 I can use torps so have stopped using them.  I have 2 missions which I will never complete.  We should be allowed to clear a mission if it doesn't apply at all to the ships we are using.

Alpha Tester
1,427 posts
558 battles

That's ok, except if they give someone with just BB's two ship based torpedo missions which is what I got.  I have mostly BBs and a couple of heavy CA's none of which use torps.  Tried using DDs and just can't do it well.  I keep dying b4 I can use torps so have stopped using them.  I have 2 missions which I will never complete.  We should be allowed to clear a mission if it doesn't apply at all to the ships we are using.

The point is to make you play different.

Making you play different unless that's not how you already play is a contradiction in terms.  The point of those missions is that they will now sit there and say "Wanna clear us?  Well, then, buckle up and actually play a game or two with torpedoes.  We ain't moving until you do."

If you could skip them, you could just stick with the BB ones, which wouldn't make you play differently at all, and so would defeat the whole point.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
6 posts
90 battles

The problem for me is my carrier use torpedo planes but they dont count and all i do with DD's is die as i can't play them, so forcing me to play in a style i can't play removes fun and makes me want to not play so how is that good for the game ?

I dont mind getting torp missions but let my torpedo planes count. Because now all it does is making me not want to play.

Its like forcing a DD player to play a carrier, i know serveral persons that would slit there wrists before getting on a carrier but they are out of luck when a mission comes around that makes them ? 

And i have never seen a carrier only mission only gun and torp missions as a carrier i can do none of them then ?

So that part of the game is me S and out of luck ?

This forum is to inform Wargaming about what we think about the game so far and how we feel it can be better a.k.a. fun, so if they dont want you to skip missions they should make the system smart and not give mission that the ships you have cant do or move restriction and make planes count for mission, like gun mission are bombers and torpedo planes count for torpedo. 

Because again, forcing a person to play a style he/she does not want to play doesn't make them play that way, it makes them leave.

Alpha Tester
560 posts
999 battles

The problem for me is my carrier use torpedo planes but they dont count.

Because again, forcing a person to play a style he/she does not want to play doesn't make them play that way, it makes them leave.

Arial torpedos are not Ship torpedoes, sounds logical, right?

And well, no one is forcing anybody to play a style, ignore the missions then, ignore those 20-50k creds you get, whereas you get the double of it in a decent round, or the 500 free exp, wich are also only a few games. Sounds logical, right?

Edited by Smi2k

Beta Tester
6 posts
90 battles

Arial torpedos are not Ship torpedoes, sounds logical, right?

And well, no one is forcing anybody to play a style, ignore the missions then, ignore those 20-50k creds you get, whereas you get the double of it in a decent round, or the 500 free exp, wich are also only a few games. Sounds logical, right?

The mission is torpedo not ship torpedo not air torpedo so no does not sound logical. torpedo = torpedo gun = gun bomb = bomb if you want to make the mission ship torpedo or air torpedo they should call it that they do not.

Hmm odd looked and they do say ship torpedo so i was wrong. So devs about that switching option. :)

Edited by nexmanus

Alpha Tester
560 posts
999 battles

The mission is torpedo not ship torpedo not air torpedo so no does not sound logical. torpedo = torpedo gun = gun bomb = bomb if you want to make the mission ship torpedo or air torpedo they should call it that they do not.

Funny, maybe the german client has a "translation error" then? because ther it states "hit with SHIP torpedoes" :teethhappy:

Beta Tester
6 posts
90 battles

I dont get how making me play a DD a ship i dont care about and dont know how to use is in anyway fun for me or for my group/side. All they get is somebody that will die after maybe 1 kill (if i get lucky ) and is of no use for the team ?

And lets be real its a game your suppose to have fun playing it, or is that me not getting it again ? ;)

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,683 posts
7,239 battles

Highly reccomend everyone try everything.  I'm not a fan of BBs because I find waiting for the guns to reload to be dead boring.  I have played them however and I'm glad because I can play against them all the better.

If you're no good on DDs then watch some tutorials.  They are serious fun.

Alpha Tester
560 posts
999 battles

I dont get how making me play a DD a ship i dont care about and dont know how to use is in anyway fun for me or for my group/side. All they get is somebody that will die after maybe 1 kill (if i get lucky ) and is of no use for the team ?

And lets be real its a game your suppose to have fun playing it, or is that me not getting it again ? ;)

Do not fall mate, beeing useless for the Team is not a bad thing, as you would be only 1 out of 1000 players, so that wouldnt even be noticed :teethhappy:.

The point is, even if you do not know how to play them or it is not even fun for you (guess it is due to the fact that maybe you didnt play them or have yet "learned" to play them) Wargaming wants you to test them, maybe it will take its time till you get a hold of those ship classes and in the end, you might even like it. Then, on the other hand, its also to go against those "this ship is op, this is op, that is op" and so on whining from the community without even considering playing them because, posting whine threads is always easier then investing time and nerves into getting to know that so called " OP thingy". 

Beta Tester
6 posts
90 battles

Ok got my DD out of storage its a wakatake Tier 3 could have used the tier 4 but did not have the cash) its gold so full upgrades got lucky and got 4 kills : 2 DD 1 BB and 1 cruiser lots of kills but no fun i dont like the play style. I get why others my like it but its not my kind of fun. its why i play a solo tank pally in wow when i played yes ret is better but i like the tank style better, its why i play arty and heavy in WoT, its the way i role. :)

And yes i can buckel up and grind the missions away but again its not fun and why do i need to when they can make you discart a mission and 24 hour later a new one pops up. 

Edited by nexmanus

Beta Tester
68 posts
935 battles

I see the missions like Quests in other games.

They offer you a challenge and reward for it, so it´s your choice to do it or leave it. (Also the rewards are nothing super special anyway)

Beta Tester
6 posts
90 battles

The other option is not to do the missions.

The purpose of a reward system is to REWARD players not make content that people ignores, that would be a waist of time and money.  Again coming back to the point of fun, if its not fun its not getting used and is be deffinition useless. As the missions are a extra reward for doing thing you do in game, somebody that does not do them is not getting the reward and there for dev time was wasted. All it needs is a small fix, its a good system but it needs work and if everybody goes a well then dont do it, the devs think its working when its not, and we all throw a hissie fit saying the devs dont listen. Well if we dont talk about things there is nothing to listen to. :)

Alpha Tester
34 posts
3,185 battles

The missions are stupid in general, I usually make double or more than what a single mission pays out.

Only the 500xp ones are remotely interesting.

Too much crap not enough reward.