You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Jethro_Grey

PSA: How to keep your UBoats alive!

85 comments in this topic

[CAIN]
Players
4,994 posts
21,590 battles

Dear Non-U-Boat players!

If you see THREE enemy DDs rushing your Subs in YOUR SPAWN while you sit 5km(!) away from them(!) in your Dallas, Budjonny and London, SHOOT THEM *EDIT*

• Cool 4
  • Funny 14
  • Boring 2

[JRM]
Players
8,951 posts

Just met my first sub, homing double tap salvo to my Pepsi, you get no sympathy here

[CAIN]
Players
4,994 posts
21,590 battles
1 minute ago, Yedwy said:

Just met my first sub, homing double tap salvo to my Pepsi, you get no sympathy here

Subs WILL make it into randoms at some point.

CLs and BBs will play like chicken in the back ignoring YOUR teams friendly subs and you WILL lose these games.

Also, it is ok getting one-shotted by BBs or DDs or shat on by CVs, but when a sub does it it's 'bad'?

• Cool 2

[JRM]
Players
8,951 posts
1 minute ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Also, it is ok getting one-shotted by BBs or DDs or shat on by CVs, but when a sub does it it's 'bad'?

Subs = CVs in my book, you get to do no real counter play even in DDs/CLs as its player vs automated mechanic that only works if you literally sail over them, in a CA/BB you dont even get that...

No sales here bro

• Cool 6

[-TPF-]
Players
5,142 posts
21,099 battles

I'm not sure it was a good idea to give Perth, of all cruisers, depth charges. Haven't seen so many Perth divisions since 201, looks like World of Smokescreens.

• Cool 1

Players
4,726 posts
13,719 battles

Looks like you still haven't learned that you shouldn't depend on your team even after 16k battles. 

[ALYEN]
Players
3,185 posts
4,508 battles
Just now, Inappropriate_noob said:

So how do you actually get to play a sub then, just logged into my alt and no sub, logged in especially to try out a sub?

you throw a random dice in the Armory to get them ... fun and engaging

• Funny 1

[CAIN]
Players
4,994 posts
21,590 battles
3 minutes ago, _Warfarin_ said:

Looks like you still haven't learned that you shouldn't depend on your team even after 16k battles. 

Has nothing to do with depending on the pot plants on my team.

Has everything to do with having targets 5km next to you that you ignore and allow the enemy team to rush down all your subs, get three cruisers killed due to their spotting and NOT doing JACK about it.

Players
4,726 posts
13,719 battles
Just now, Jethro_Grey said:

Has nothing to do with depending on the pot plants on my team.

Has everything to do with having targets 5km next to you that you ignore and allow the enemy team to rush down all your subs, get three cruisers killed due to their spotting and NOT doing JACK about it.

Welcome to WOWS random battles. 

[-TPF-]
Players
5,142 posts
21,099 battles
Just now, Hugh_Ruka said:

you throw a random dice in the Armory to get them ... fun and engaging

Indeed. If you don't get one, there are substantial rewards for playing other ships and learning absolutely nothing about submarines. 100,000 XP earned today playing Furious, I've just unlocked the Implacable and I have learned zero about Submarines.

They seem to be floating about in the middle of the map while their owners struggle with the controls. It's like a terrible prequel to Das Boot in which an inexperienced Jurgen Prochnow repeatedly fails to leave La Rochelle harbour. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 8

[NECRO]
Players
5,223 posts
Vor 24 Minuten, Jethro_Grey sagte:

I am one step ahead of that crap and made it out of randoms already... :Smile_smile:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[-RNR-]
Players
1,581 posts
26 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

That is so true, Love them or Hate them we're :etc_swear:ing Getting them, Anyone recommend a good ASW DD at T6 I've got em all researched I think??

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,741 posts
24,919 battles

The whole class is just a badly balanced joke on the expense of the player base. Didn't expect anything else from this company.

Played DDs and found out that you are a horrible counter, because you get so easily countered that the sub just needs to spot you for an instant deletion.

4 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

If you don't get one, there are substantial rewards for playing other ships and learning absolutely nothing about submarines. 100,000 XP earned today playing Furious, I've just unlocked the Implacable and I have learned zero about Submarines.

Need to do this. Have all 3 T6 CVs but don't play them in randoms, would be nice to level them up.

3 minutes ago, motor_g_b said:

That is so true, Love them or Hate them we've :etc_swear:ing Getting them, Anyone recommend a good ASW DD at T6 I've got em all researched I think??

Icarus/Gallant are the best from what I played. Especially Icarus with the hydro.

• Cool 7

[CAIN]
Players
4,994 posts
21,590 battles
1 minute ago, motor_g_b said:

That is so true, Love them or Hate them we've :etc_swear:ing Getting them, Anyone recommend a good ASW DD at T6 I've got em all researched I think??

Well, if you get the team mates i had in the Sub battles i played, you don't need a DD.

Apparantly, it is perfectly viable, to park your Budjonny 6-8km away from the enemy team (3 DDs, 2 CAs and one BB) and drop depthcharges and leaving the area afterwards with ALL your HP intact.

I always knew that 95% of the WoWS playerbase is dumb as :etc_swear:, but this takes it to the next level.

• Cool 2

[CAIN]
Players
4,994 posts
21,590 battles
2 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

The whole class is just a badly balanced joke on the expense of the player base. Didn't expect anything else from this company.

Played DDs and found out that you are a horrible counter, because you get so easily countered that the sub just needs to spot you for an instant deletion.

Need to do this. Have all 3 T6 CVs but don't play them in randoms, would be nice to level them up.

Icarus/Gallant are the best from what I played. Especially Icarus with the hydro.

Well, then the enemy team had players who actually can think AND breathe and the same time.

[JRM]
Players
8,951 posts
8 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

Indeed. If you don't get one, there are substantial rewards for playing other ships and learning absolutely nothing about submarines. 100,000 XP earned today playing Furious, I've just unlocked the Implacable and I have learned zero about Submarines.

I learned its exactly what I expected - you have no counerplay, you are basically a bi** for the guy in the sub, when this comes to randoms I am out of this game, plain and simple

• Cool 3

[CAIN]
Players
4,994 posts
21,590 battles
6 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

I learned its exactly what I expected - you have no counerplay, you are basically a bi** for the guy in the sub, when this comes to randoms I am out of this game, plain and simple

Yes. If your team sucks :etc_swear: and allows the enemy DDs to wreak havoc instead of killing them, you'll end up being shark-food.

On topic:

Now, that i vented some of my anger, it occured to me that it may be safe to play ranked now...

So, did the new sub mode attracted all the pot plants or are they still infesting the ranked mode as well?

[IIWII]
Beta Tester
42 posts
8,208 battles

i am seeing some rather suspicous stuff.

from the site they say :

A submarine at depths of 30 meters and greater can be detected only by ships with Hydroacoustic Search and other submarines, while the Hydrophones on destroyers allows them to determine the approximate location of a submarine.

The Maximum Depth consumable enables you to temporarily dive to 50–80 meters. At this depth, the damage of depth charges is reduced, and the submarine's location cannot be determined by Hydrophone anymore.

So are they talking about hydropohone at both parts or should one be Hydro acoustics ?

@Crysantos, @Sehales ?

also if hydrophone is only available untill 30 Meters. you can stalk at 31 meters and avoid all ships with hydro ? that gives you a lot of imunnity.just make sure you stay well away from the hydro ships and farm like crazy.

• Cool 2

[JRM]
Players
8,951 posts
6 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Yes. If your team sucks :etc_swear: and allows the enemy DDs to wreak havoc instead of killing them, you'll end up being shark-food.

I dont get this statement? How exactly do enemy DDs come into all this? I was not sunk by their DD, I was sunk by 4 homing torps that appeared from nowhere and although I saw them in hydro there was just no way I turn fast enough to avoid them, so again fail to see the relevance of their DDs in all of that

[CAIN]
Players
4,994 posts
21,590 battles
24 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

I dont get this statement? How exactly do enemy DDs come into all this? I was not sunk by their DD, I was sunk by 4 homing torps that appeared from nowhere and although I saw them in hydro there was just no way I turn fast enough to avoid them, so again fail to see the relevance of their DDs in all of that

And how is YOU getting sunk relevant to the topic of this thread?

There is NO difference whatsoever in getting sunk by a Sub or by a spread of DD torps.

What i am trying to say is, if one side allows the other side free reign by ignoring DDs that hunt YOUR subs, you'll not only end up facing the usual DDs, CAs and BBs, but also have Subs roaming freely around enabling them to sink for instance YOU.

I don't know how YOUR battle evolved and what lead to your sinking, but the battles i had so far, exactly this happened. And this is what this thread is about.

[IIWII]
Beta Tester
42 posts
8,208 battles
1 minute ago, Jethro_Grey said:

There is NO difference whatsoever in getting sunk by a Sub or by a spread of DD torps.

Homing versus no homing ? hitting citadel and not hitting citadel ? there are differences.  homing torps stop homing at 1 KM distance.

DD torps are fire and forget. if you change your speed and direction 4 KM away from the torps the DD version will not change course the sub version might change course depending if you are pinged or not.

the difference is quite large. depending on the sub captain.

[JRM]
Players
8,951 posts
4 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Yes there is a difference in that I can kill the said DD while I can do jack s* against the sub, clear now?

[CAIN]
Players
4,994 posts
21,590 battles
3 minutes ago, legionnl said:

Homing versus no homing ? hitting citadel and not hitting citadel ? there are differences.  homing torps stop homing at 1 KM distance.

DD torps are fire and forget. if you change your speed and direction 4 KM away from the torps the DD version will not change course the sub version might change course depending if you are pinged or not.

the difference is quite large. depending on the sub captain.

You haven't played against a lot of PAN EU DDs, have you?