Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Vilutin

Compensation for team damage?

13 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
18 posts
114 battles

Why there is none? I just finished a game where one of our Cruisers collided with one of our Colorados (not me). 3 mins later he snapped and went nuts, and torped me (in my Colorado) with 3 volleys taking about 60% of my health. Then rammed me and started shooting HE at me taking about 10% to 15% more of my hp away. And then the enemy did the rest.

I even got fined for 200 credits because he rammed me. Well it's not the end of the world because I still made over 100k credits from that battle, but I was surprised to see no compensation for all that team damage I did take.

Edited by Vilutin

[ST-EU]
Supertester
3,402 posts
18,101 battles

You should have received some compensation (but never equal to what you should get of course!). If he did enough ally damage he will go 'pink' and any further damage he deals to other allies will result in that damage being reflected onto the TK'er.

Beta Tester
18 posts
114 battles

Could be that I just missed it at the result screen, then. But the amount of credits was about normal for the damage I did in it, so if there was compensation, it wasn't much.

Edited by Vilutin

Beta Tester
3 posts

Had the same problem of the past few days,

Noticed that the compensation is always far less then the fine. 

Had a guy in a CV ram me twice in one match both times on my port side, just went right in to the side of my ship and I got fined 3000 and for compensation 92 credits.

hope this gets sorted out really soon.

[SARMA]
Beta Tester
486 posts
2,428 battles

but ramming a friendly ship does zero damage to both of them? so i dont see a problem here

friendly torps and gun fire is where it gets problematic.

Beta Tester
8 posts
888 battles

ill raise my hand, i took a shed ton of HP of a friendly cruiser whilst i was in my early stages of Battleship learning. it was the start of the match, well 2 mins in. he was late deploying and decided to sail so close to me (across my side on the enemy side of me if that makes sense)  whilst i was at full zoom on an enemy destroyer. i did'nt even know he was . . "awake" for a better term ( at the time i looked he was inactive,no smoke from stacks). as i looked around and started my run to cover a cap point. saw the destroyer and fired off a full salvo from all guns. took 10k from my friendly chap. i apologized straight away and yet it was me at fault apparently. although id say it was 50/50 awareness fail. i dont remember turning pink, just a red face of embarrassment. and put up with some abuse for a bit.

yes i should have been more aware of minimap, but surely passing so close on the business side of a battle ship , were talking under 50 meters, is also stupid? .

what im getting at is should a player be penalized for their teammates stupidity? or is a whole new class of players going to come into this and grief friendlies just to be asshats?

Edited by Audey

Beta Tester
3 posts

Getting a little tired of being fined for being run into. Getting ramed or ramming a team dose do little damage to both ships.

I've played enough games now to know that not every player pay's attation and is unaware of were friendly ships are.

I think this will be a problem that will never go away and will only get worse when open beta start's, the only thing I think WG can do to solve this proble is to turn of team damage and let friendly ship pass through each other.

Beta Tester
140 posts
2,966 battles

This system needs a overlock i get torped by a friendly and lose 22k hp in my Baltimore and i get 16k creds on a ship whit a 151k repair bill.

Supertest Coordinator
6,336 posts
4,255 battles

I've already moaned about this and got told compensation can't be higher or it could be abused. Somehow...

Kill me I'm about to be torpedoed?

Beta Tester
60 posts
663 battles

but ramming a friendly ship does zero damage to both of them? so i dont see a problem here

I get frustrated at this as when I am in my Battleship and cruisers just run straight into the side of me, I end up taking evasive action which means my really slow turning guns are now pointed in the wrong direction and I get fined for friendly damage as the rammer got a penetration hit from hitting me.  So why fine me for somebody else hitting me?

[SPUDS]
Beta Tester
4,045 posts
7,561 battles

It does about 1 HP per second in damage.

[GRKEN]
Beta Tester
3,552 posts
8,863 battles

This system needs a overlock i get torped by a friendly and lose 22k hp in my Baltimore and i get 16k creds on a ship whit a 151k repair bill.

At higher tiers compensation for damage caused by team damager/killer is indeed between bad joke and insult.

Beta Tester
3 posts
2,411 battles

I got torped by a "friendly" at the start of the game in my Fubuki (tier 8 DD) and compensation was 55k credits while ship repair costs 91k credits... something does not add up :(

Sign in to follow this