Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Bl4ckh0g

IJN Cruiser, Are they better?

58 comments in this topic

Weekend Tester
1,668 posts
32 battles

So Are they benefited form this patch? I had a Couple of games in the Myoko and the lil' girl seems to take damage rather well, even from close range.

Did you noticed such improvements?

[KOKOS]
Beta Tester, Players
3,371 posts
8,811 battles

Every ship is good in the hands of a good player/Captain. :)

About the Myoko, i like her. :honoring:

Weekend Tester
1,668 posts
32 battles

Every ship is good in the hands of a good player/Captain. :)

About the Myoko, i like her. :honoring:

That's not what I meant.

The Myoko is "balanced" as a tier 8 right now, ofc you like her, She's op 

[HEROS]
Alpha Tester
417 posts
4,192 battles

lol, the Myoko is an atrocity, horrible firing angles :D

• Cool 1

[__]
Beta Tester
741 posts
1,694 battles

the Aoba seems the same to me, turning and top speed seem around the same as pre patch, the gun velocity does seem slightly higher to me but its not really effected its play style in a huge way

[PRAVD]
Weekend Tester
3,802 posts
5,510 battles

I played about 10-12 games in Myoukou, all after 3.1

I didn't like it. Her damage potential was poor and she's uncomfortable to play thanks to the turrets. survivability, like all cruisers, is terrible when shot by battleships. Mogami with 203mm was a much better tier 7 than Myoukou is now.

I can say the same about Furutaka.

[OILUP]
Beta Tester
1,411 posts
8,652 battles

The biggest problem with IJN Cruisers (minus Mogami) was the problem of their enormous Citadel that would get penetrated if you looked at if funny. Guess what stopped getting penetrated since 3.1 when people don't use AP anymore?

Edited by WhiskeyWolf

Weekend Tester
166 posts
120 battles

The biggest problem with IJN Cruisers (minus Mogami) was the problem of their enormous Citadel that would get penetrated if you looked at if funny. Guess what stopped getting penetrated since 3.1 when people don't use AP anymore?

To bad for IJN it doesn't. They are as fragile as ever, nothing stops people from still shooting AP at them.

Edited by Hornet331
  • Cool 1

[OILUP]
Beta Tester
1,411 posts
8,652 battles

To bad for IJN it doesn't. They are as fragile as ever, nothing stops people from still shooting AP at them.

If only, I was dueling with a Myoko yesterday and was using AP, guess what, half of my 203mm rounds were bouncing off Myoko's hull and the rest scored minimal damage.
Edited by WhiskeyWolf

[SAD-]
Beta Tester, Players
749 posts
6,787 battles

I actually seem to be on the recieving end of more citadels in my Mogami than I received in my Myoko.

I am enjoying the IJN Cruisers so far and I look forward to getting the Zao one day :)

Alpha Tester
560 posts
999 battles

That's not what I meant.

The Myoko is "balanced" as a tier 7 right now, ofc you like her, She's op 

Fixed it for you mate :teethhappy:

Weekend Tester
166 posts
120 battles

If only, I was dueling with a Myoko yesterday and was using AP, guess what, half of my 203mm rounds were bouncing off Myoko's hull and the rest scored minimal damage.

Then aim better, belt hits are as devastating as ever, over pretty much all the ship. Of course you will bounce when you hit the deck from anything closer than 14km.

Weekend Tester
1,668 posts
32 battles

Fixed it for you mate :teethhappy:

Tier 7?

How? she's got nearly 40k health, torpedoes, now turns like a dream and reloads in 11 seconds

Compare that to the Pensacola 

Alpha Tester
560 posts
999 battles

Tier 7?

How? she's got nearly 40k health, torpedoes, now turns like a dream and reloads in 11 seconds

Compare that to the Pensacola 

Simple, Myouko was never balanced as a Tier 8, more like a 7.2 to 7.5 :teethhappy:

And to compare it: Way bigger citadel area (yeah i know, as all IJN Cruisers) , 3 gun arc is pretty bad, yet is has to be. Speed is good, hence, thats all the japanese have beside of their turning rate . Reload, well, what was it before? 12-14 sec if i am right. Nearly 40k is not that big of a deal as Tier 7. 

Still need to get a glinch on the switched mogami though, but yes, myouko is now where she should have belong all the time.

Edit: And torpedoes, well.....90% of the time utterly useless because if you get in range to throw them, it means certain death.

Edited by Smi2k

[OILUP]
Beta Tester
1,411 posts
8,652 battles

Edit: And torpedoes, well.....90% of the time utterly useless because if you get in range to throw them, it means certain death.

OBJECTION_by_Phoenix_is_Wright.png

How can anybody say torps are useless. They are the only thing that makes BB drivers sweat when an IJN cruiser gets close. Ask the guy in the Tier IX BB at full health I sent to the bottom today.

In before WG nerfs them even more because they are too OP against BBs.

Edited by WhiskeyWolf

Alpha Tester
560 posts
999 battles

OBJECTION_by_Phoenix_is_Wright.png

How can anybody say torps are useless. They are the only thing that makes BB drivers sweat when an IJN cruiser gets close. Ask the guy in the Tier IX BB at full health I sent to the bottom today.

In before WG nerfs them even more because they are too OP against BBs.

TBH, i sweat more of the HE shells raining down on me then over any torp fired by a jap cruiser :teethhappy:

[PRAVD]
Weekend Tester
3,802 posts
5,510 battles

I can't believe people actually saying Myoukou is OP. What does Myoukou have that Mogami didn't at tier 7 besides the extra health?

At least Mogami had better turret placement and they turned 30 seconds as opposed to Myoukous 45s, and I'm talking about the 203mm Mogami.

• Cool 1

[HF_30]
Beta Tester
193 posts
4,234 battles

After that Atlanta situation I saw, I will not be too worried about CA torps. Short range and not really that powerful.

The US CA torp range is a massive 4.5k JP CA range is 10k apart form the Zoa that oddly has a max torp range of 8k then the US have a max of 3-4 a side vs JP 4-8 so not only so JP have double the range you have double the number of torps not sure how the damage stacks up on each tho.

[SPUDS]
Beta Tester
4,045 posts
7,599 battles

The US CA torp range is a massive 4.5k JP CA range is 10k apart form the Zoa that oddly has a max torp range of 8k then the US have a max of 3-4 a side vs JP 4-8 so not only so JP have double the range you have double the number of torps not sure how the damage stacks up on each tho.

That wasn't the point. The point was that an Atlanta took all four Mogami torps and survived. The Atlanta is neither very HP heavy, nor very strong in terms of protection. That it could eat four torpedoes from a high tier CA is plain old bad for the game. That these torpedoes are relatively short range just means that they won't really come into play very often.

[FAM]
Alpha Tester
2,453 posts
7,292 battles

After that Atlanta situation I saw, I will not be too worried about CA torps. Short range and not really that powerful.

IJN cruisers torps can be deadly weapons if used correctly. You can literally become a DD in some situations. Zao even has the best torps in the game if it weren't for the relatively short range (8,5 km). You can kill a Yamato, with 5-6 of those.

The main problem is that you'll use then on few situations.

Beta Tester
386 posts
1,155 battles

They've become noticeably more survivable with the patch. BBs will still citadel you with a straight shot, but even a tiny bit of angling means cruisers have problems penning and once you're at Ibuki and Zao, even BB guns can have trouble when you're at a severe angle. Torps have become mildly more useful because combined with the tighter turn rates, this new-found survivability actually makes them useable for shotgunning in a brawl.

Edited by Magni56

Weekend Tester
1,668 posts
32 battles

I can't believe people actually saying Myoukou is OP. What does Myoukou have that Mogami didn't at tier 7 besides the extra health?

At least Mogami had better turret placement and they turned 30 seconds as opposed to Myoukous 45s, and I'm talking about the 203mm Mogami.

Simple, Myouko was never balanced as a Tier 8, more like a 7.2 to 7.5 :teethhappy:

And to compare it: Way bigger citadel area (yeah i know, as all IJN Cruisers) , 3 gun arc is pretty bad, yet is has to be. Speed is good, hence, thats all the japanese have beside of their turning rate . Reload, well, what was it before? 12-14 sec if i am right. Nearly 40k is not that big of a deal as Tier 7. 

Still need to get a glinch on the switched mogami though, but yes, myouko is now where she should have belong all the time.

First

I am calling Myoko OP, well slightly stronger than she should be

That's because she has that 39k HP pool which is nearly the same as the Ibuki and Baltimore gets at tier 9

and 5 RoF on her guns, which is well, essentially the second highest RoF in the game for a 203 mm gun(first is Aoba ROFL)( DM is an anomaly, She does not count)

Oh, and her 102 mm belt armor compared to the Pensacola's 76 mm with 6 (ROFLMAO) mm deck armor

Seriously though, I took her out yesterday and the beating she withstand was amazing.

I fought against a Cleveland and a Nicholas at the same time and I won with around 50-60% HP remaining ( they were scrubs- torpedoed to cleveland from 7-8 km lol, but still)

I got into situations where a Pensacola, a New Mexico(?) and an IJN DD fired at me at the same time, I died of course( run aground to avoid eating a full torp salvo from the DD)

But hell, by the time they took me down the Pensacola was down to one-salvo

Myoko is amazing. F*ck the bad turret placement and bad angles, you only need to have guns on target for 2-3 seconds, dodge the hell away in the meanwhile. She's maneuverable now, the guns turn slow, but hell there's your freaking rudder.

And She at least doesn't get that god awful fugly 2 storey superstructure on the Mogami and the Ibuki.

Hell, guys She's better than the Pensacola...

I'm not saying nerf her to oblivion, but C'mon

A RoF of 4 with 36-37 k HP will not make her the worst ship ever....

Edited by Bl4ckh0g

[-TNT-]
Beta Tester
476 posts
6,199 battles

Yes Myoko is way better then pensacola but always depends on player skill. Now all firing HE shells cause someone wrote its OP but Im when Im fighting with my cruiser againts cruiser Im using AP and if enemy show broad side I deal much more damage especialy when citadel hits. Torpedos is usefull in some situations yesterday Ive got Pensacola and Nagato in closequarter with my Ibuki thanks to torps.

Sign in to follow this