You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Cyclops_

Ranked, How I feel !

45 comments in this topic

[OGHF]
Players
1,636 posts
27,144 battles

This is exactly how the team I am in works EVERY battle, apart from a very few, answer me WHY do BB always follow the DD (at a distance of course), and when the DD have capped, they then go to that cap????? :Smile_facepalm:

Ranked_Teams.jpg.09a26c5505655b5df086666b1450c2bc.jpg

(Picture taken from a post on our discord site, believe it originated from Reddit)

• Cool 6
  • Funny 11

[THESO]
Players
839 posts
3,991 battles
33 minutes ago, Cyclops_ said:

This is exactly how the team I am in works EVERY battle, apart from a very few, answer me WHY do BB always follow the DD (at a distance of course), and when the DD have capped, they then go to that cap????? :Smile_facepalm:

Well that's not the worst thing a BB can do.
Hate those BBs that try to snipe other BBs at max range from the border though, they are far more annoying.
Having a BB be slightly behind a DD that is heading for a cap is something I don't mind at all, it keeps the cruisers away and lends possible support for when you engage the other DD.

Players
3,118 posts

fantastic post, majestically timed

laughed so hard to the point of peeing myself and having a heart attack at the same time. Woke up the waifu wit my muffled giggling and she called the doctor :Smile_teethhappy: thank you :)

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
775 posts
4,558 battles

My feeling for RB so far

I don't know what the statistics are in flipping a coin. I would have thought 50/50 same as a random teams results and yet when I tried this game mode again today it keeps landing losses. Now, I know what you might say, that I am the one constant and I agree, but I am not going to barrel head first into a cap all guns blazing nor does my go-to ship for this mode, the Sinop, have the gun range to play some sort of over-passive negative sniping sort of effort so I have to play a balance between not attracting too much heat and also getting into range to let my guns go as soon as they are loaded.... and yet most all battles are 1-3 teammates dead quickly before the battle has even taken shape.

It's also clear from the start that the battle is going to be a complete shi..... show for my team or most likely a win. Just during the loading phase you can compare ships on both teams. At this point its not clear about who has the better players but one can still clearly see that one team has really lame and weak ships for the meta while the other team is heavily stocked with the strongest and most powerful meta suitable ships. Then the battle starts, you can already tell who is a complete noob I mean you see DD's with no camo... really? no camo on your DD? So it's already clear we have no eyes to begin with and unsurprisingly that clueless noob DD goes and gets spotted and killed fast. Then you see your teams BB's, of which I am one of course, but unlike me who is trying to sensibly head towards somewhat defensibly strong areas around caps and keep relatively close to hard cover of islands should that screen turn (5!) etc that I can point my ship into that incoming hailstorm of lead and then tuck in behind cover yet more often than not my teammates cluelessly bumbling about in open water aimlessly and showing full broadside taking a beating stupidly and I just have to get annoyed at this stage. Sure, there are those doing the same dumb stuff on the enemy team but never as many and their DD is doing a great job of staying unspotted and passively kiting our team just keeping us lite up and on our toes while their cruisers are popping smokes across view ranges and playing sensibly.

Yes, sometimes I get that good team too obviously and sometimes I have a shhhhh battle and still my team wins but surely bagging two wins in a row is statistically almost impossible not to happen unless you literally do zero damage and start killing your own teammates every battle? There's some battles you just can't win, fine. And there's some battles you just can't lose no matter what you do, fine. But struggling to get two wins in a row at some point? I find that hard to fathom. If I'm constantly bottom on the team, dealing less damage than my ships hp and not killing other ships and not tanking shots I can say fine, I suck and just accept it right? But this is not how it is and I am always at least mid table on the team or in the top performs. 

This is my last battle for the evening. Again, one step forwards, one step backwards. I just can't put a few wins in a row together it's annoying. Maybe that's just how it is unless you're really good at the game.

8eAqvCj.jpg  

• Cool 4

[LSCA]
Players
2,055 posts
15,168 battles

why campers deserve the star when battle lost??? i mean really the guy literally camps and let everyone die and then it start move his [edited]and collect xp

• Cool 1

[ENUF]
[ENUF]
Players
735 posts
28,992 battles

I love all this 40% admirals, giving orders and dying first - complaining about the team then etc. 

• Cool 6

Players
54 posts
17,379 battles
Vor 3 Stunden, SnuSnu_RIP sagte:

I love all this 40% admirals, giving orders and dying first - complaining about the team then etc. 

Same in my teams: BBs giving orders to not contest all 3 caps and then moving up to the border line. Trying to "crossfire" and shooting not a single ship - because no range. Especially at t7 there are many beginner who are playing the leader role without having any experience.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Players
2,680 posts

I cannot get beyond rank 10....dropped back to 12 last night.... the brains of the players in the teams I am in... well they haven't got any and nobody uses chat...

It reminds me of a football match where the players are all 5 years old...

They perhaps think 'Tactical Play' is something that happens at the Theatre....

• Cool 2

Players
574 posts
Vor 10 Stunden, Cyclops_ sagte:

Ranked_Teams.jpg.09a26c5505655b5df086666b1450c2bc.jpg

If you steal something from reddit, at least give credit.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1

Players
2,780 posts
17,292 battles

Lies, there's no GigaChadUnicum on the EU server :cap_book:

Spoiler

Most of the good players are rank 1-5 by now, so teams should be balanced out.

• Funny 1

[NCDF]
Players
280 posts
7,671 battles

Oh how you got to love it... Battle starts, you tell your teammate DD's to not smoke up to sit in their smoke because their smoke is a magnet for torpedos.... Guess what they do, they drive into a cap, turn to full boradside, come to a full stop, smoke up and "try to cap". Guess what happens 20 seconds later.... Yep!

You tell your cruisers to use islandcover and not sho broadside to any BB. Guess what they do. Try to push through open water, get spotted, see that they get targeted by 4 enemies, and they think:"oh, hot water here, i'm a smart boy, lets turn around." guess what happens 1 seconds later.... Yep!

With 3-4 minutes into the battle you are stuck in a 3 vs 7 with the 4 peoples dead having dealt zero damage and zero spotting...

I mean it's the most basic things teammates do wrong... Every person that even just has a slight beow average IQ would realize after max 2-3 battles of dying withing 3 minutes without dealing any damage at all might not be a gameplay that works... And you notice this at tier 2-3. But the amount of people not knowing such basic things at tier 7, or even at tier 10... I'm somethimes really embarassed for my teammates...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
225 posts
28,928 battles

Oh, I agree with most trying to make progress in ranked. I was on an eight game losing streak, in the ninth, I went to cap to spot and cap and died under radar fire focused on by four ships. Left and started another battle in Sinop and lost again, oh so I thought!

When I went back to port, I saw my previous battle result was victorious and even more surprising I was complimented. 

I always look at ranked as a great way to credit farm without flags and decent camos. It's an open event so we will get players who don't know how to play the maps or take smart advice.

Ranked will only improve once the saving star is removed. 

[OGHF]
Players
1,636 posts
27,144 battles
9 minutes ago, albin322 said:

lol stealing posts from redit lols

Not from Reddit, so not aware of originality 😉

[OCTO]
Players
1,265 posts
31,314 battles
4 hours ago, Captain_Toth said:

Same in my teams: BBs giving orders to not contest all 3 caps and then moving up to the border line. Trying to "crossfire" and shooting not a single ship - because no range. Especially at t7 there are many beginner who are playing the leader role without having any experience.

Oh yes! The famous "crossfire" excuse on 30km maps. 

• Funny 1

[OCTO]
Players
1,265 posts
31,314 battles
33 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

@OP Dont play Rank at weekends, ever

Or in the morning. It is "speshul" infested

• Cool 1

[OGHF]
Players
1,636 posts
27,144 battles
14 hours ago, Sir_Sinksalot said:

. Then you see your teams BB's, of which I am one of course, but unlike me who is trying to sensibly head towards somewhat defensibly strong areas around caps and keep relatively close to hard cover of islands should that screen turn (5!) etc that I can point my ship into that incoming hailstorm of lead and then tuck in behind cover yet more often than not my teammates cluelessly bumbling about in open water aimlessly and showing full broadside taking a beating stupidly and I just have to get annoyed at this stage

This is by far the BIGGEST problem, BB that turn away when they get fired at or sail parallel to the caps while getting citidel’d, why oh why don’t they  turn  into the oncoming fire and reverse to safety as @Sir_Sinksalot wrote I do not know, it does not matter how many times you tell them in chat they still just turn away and die, and believe it or not it is over 50% of Sinops, some with no camo etc etc :Smile_facepalm:

Players
3,118 posts
5 hours ago, Yedwy said:

@OP Dont play Rank at weekends, ever

I played once (not fond of it at all) in a Fiji and won topping the whatever that stuff in the end is called. Game started team steamed to cap C (all of them), I stayed in the mid cuz I didn't like where this was goin' and ambushed the island before cap B.

When the enemy (After taking Cap A and B) alerted by their lone ship in chat (WHOLE FOOKIN TEAM IS HERE) that went for C and got gobsmacked, sailed over the island and turned the corner to crossfire my team

(still moving slowly in a convoy after taking C and moving towards B) I just played a Fiji game.

Torp the first ship, pop hydro,

smoke up, fire at the 2nd that full stopped for much needed cits (4),

stop firing -move, torp while leaving,

enemy rushes (eats torp) stop again (edge of detection),

spot ships, pop smoke, hydro,

open fire etc

we went around the island like dis, eventually the team caught up with the enemy and created a crossfire but for a moment I kinda thought i could have kept them there for a couple of hrs.

[JRM]
Players
8,951 posts
4 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

I played once

Oh I played several yesterday and one or two today but although i won more then lost what I saw was more then enough to talk me out of further weekend play...

• Cool 1

Players
775 posts
4,558 battles
1 hour ago, Cyclops_ said:

This is by far the BIGGEST problem, BB that turn away when they get fired at or sail parallel to the caps while getting citidel’d, why oh why don’t they  turn  into the oncoming fire and reverse to safety as @Sir_Sinksalot wrote I do not know, it does not matter how many times you tell them in chat they still just turn away and die, and believe it or not it is over 50% of Sinops, some with no camo etc etc :Smile_facepalm:

I never actually set out to go far in this mode and just wanted to complete up to rank 15 for the free stuff since it only requires one or two stars to make each rank. Picked up from where I left off yesterday, rank 16 with 1 star and as mentioned, just needing one more star to reach 15 but history repeating itself again with another Muppet show team featuring a noob no-camo DD that died to a devastating strike in the first 3 minutes charging head first into a cap probably even without Concealment Expert while the other DD was AFK for 5 minutes before then hiding behind an island miles away from a cap not even spotting anything so I'm done with it now, I wash my hands of this mode and commend those with the patience for it to drive on up the ranks and just keep plugging away you guys deserve everything you get from this mode and more for having the patience and tolerance and grit to keep going.

This is how my participation in ranked ended for me, I went out doing everything I can, not good enough and I will leave it to the good players that find a way to win in these situations it's just beyond my ability and skill level even if what I did was more than the other dimwits on my team achieved combined and then some lol. 

TDtsHLv.jpg

Players
3,118 posts
3 minutes ago, Sir_Sinksalot said:

I never actually set out to go far in this mode and just wanted to complete up to rank 15 for the free stuff since it only requires one or two stars to make each rank. Picked up from where I left off yesterday, rank 16 with 1 star and as mentioned, just needing one more star to reach 15 but history repeating itself again with another Muppet show team featuring a noob no-camo DD that died to a devastating strike in the first 3 minutes charging head first into a cap probably even without Concealment Expert while the other DD was AFK for 5 minutes before then hiding behind an island miles away from a cap not even spotting anything so I'm done with it now, I wash my hands of this mode and commend those with the patience for it to drive on up the ranks and just keep plugging away you guys deserve everything you get from this mode and more for having the patience and tolerance and grit to keep going.

This is how my participation in ranked ended for me, I went out doing everything I can, not good enough and I will leave it to the good players that find a way to win in these situations it's just beyond my ability and skill level even if what I did was more than the other dimwits on my team achieved combined and then some lol. 

TDtsHLv.jpg

I hope you saved that star. One more good performance would have probably won it.

• Cool 1