mosaic_dragon

Friendly AI Torpedo Suicides.

6 comments in this topic

Players
2 posts
331 battles

So you've targeted a ship in your destroyer, 2k away, perfect for a sinking. 

There happens to be a Friendly AI "Chasing it" as well.

You fire a salvo of torpedoes. 

Your friendly Ai just keeps going, takes a full broadside of torps and sinks.

It could stop, slow down, turn a little... But no...

You are left without your kill and with a team kill penalty or even just being insta killed.

I hope this is the right place to put complaints...

What the hell am i meant to do? The AI just completely ignores friendly torps... 

Ive had AI run into torps that missed a target with many Km's of warning.

I keep getting penalties, instant ship destruction, being stuck in co-op with MORE ai where i have to do NOTHING to ensure i dont extend a penalty.

Just thought id offer some thoughts on the hideous friendly AI.

• Bad 1

Players
1,007 posts
23,516 battles
1 hour ago, mosaic_dragon said:

I agree on the whole but my problem seems to be them making no effort to avoid/ not registering friendly torps as a threat.

They are not very well programmed. thats right. the bots torp you too, if you are in the way. WOWS is a multiplayergame, so they dont put much effort in coop battles... and in coop bot intelligence. 

Players
910 posts
10,070 battles
On 5/24/2020 at 6:14 AM, mosaic_dragon said:

I agree on the whole but my problem seems to be them making no effort to avoid/ not registering friendly torps as a threat.

I don't either. I assume the person launching wasn't aiming at me. As a DD I send a few people pink a week because I ignore their torps. I managed to hit a friendly sub with torps and went pink from that recently, but for the most part a single stray torp isn't grounds for pink.  If your ship is detonating from reflected damage the issue is entirely on you.