Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Estrellaqiao

Why don't allow team up at Rank?

31 comments in this topic

[XAPLA]
Players
11 posts
3,220 battles

Do you always play wow alone?        NOOOOOO

Do you want to play with your friends?       YESSSSSSSSS

SO, WHY WE CAN"T TEAM UP AT RANK!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is a team work game. The core of this game is cooperation. Then why let players always cooperated with strangers who do not want to cooperate at all. It is really drive others go crazy.

Do you agree or not? Tell the reason!~

Good luck for all captains!

• Cool 3
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 4

Players
6,842 posts
11,256 battles
6 minutes ago, Estrellaqiao said:

It is a team work game. The core of this game is cooperation. Then why let players always cooperated with strangers who do not want to cooperate at all. It is really drive others go crazy.

Try to communicate with the random people on your team? I do it all the time and usualy there are a few that are willing to. Remember, we are all in the same boat (pun) so others might feel the same way.

• Cool 2

[ONE2]
Players
3,114 posts
23,096 battles

Simple answer. Ranked is intended (no comment on whether this actually happens or not, you understand) for displaying INDIVIDUAL player skill. Therefore, in this context,  buffing your apparent performance by teaming up with others could actually be considered cheating and is therefore undesirable and runs clearly contrary to the entire purpose of having "Ranked" battle mode in the first place. :cap_old:

• Cool 3

Players
3,019 posts

how about removing divisions from random and put them in ranked instead? give us solo players something

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
3,090 posts
17,533 battles

Because there already are three game modes for that?

- Random battle

- Clan Battle

- Ranked Sprint

Every game has a game mode for solo players which you can play alone, without waiting for friends.

If you don't like it, fine. Play something else.

But please respect other players might have different preferences.

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
306 posts
3,106 battles

Because good players in good clans would have a fundamentally ridiculous unfair advantage on the common solo player. 

• Cool 4

[XAPLA]
Players
11 posts
3,220 battles
2 hours ago, ForlornSailor said:

Try to communicate with the random people on your team? I do it all the time and usualy there are a few that are willing to. Remember, we are all in the same boat (pun) so others might feel the same way.

I tired. But you know that there always people do not listen to you. I won't blame people who may have lower skills, but I really dislike people who don't communicate and do their own things.

[XAPLA]
Players
11 posts
3,220 battles
2 hours ago, Bumblenit said:

I play this game alone. Why should I risk facing a 3 x unicum division in ranked?

Dude. I am really hope you could find a friend to play together. It is really fun.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[XAPLA]
Players
11 posts
3,220 battles
2 hours ago, firerider202 said:

Because it would be too unbalanced.

Well, enemy will also have teams. It is balanced from each site.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[XAPLA]
Players
11 posts
3,220 battles
1 hour ago, martin035 said:

Team up in ranked, wouldn't that be like clan battles??? 

Team in 2. Won't be so much similar.

• Cool 1

[XAPLA]
Players
11 posts
3,220 battles
1 hour ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

Because there already are three game modes for that?

- Random battle

- Clan Battle

- Ranked Sprint

Every game has a game mode for solo players which you can play alone, without waiting for friends.

If you don't like it, fine. Play something else.

But please respect other players might have different preferences.

If I could have same rewards from different modes, I won't say anything.

However, some unique rewards only could be acquired from rank.

I do respect other players who like to play alone. But why so many other games still have rank in teams? They all dont respect different players?

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,538 posts
9,535 battles

Because WG doesn't want us to enjoy competitive gameplay. 2 man divs in ranked are but a far away dream.

[THESO]
Players
1,267 posts
16,478 battles

I would love to play Ranked in division. At least I would have someone I can rely on and vent instead of getting into discussions with my team. Also I am a social person and playing Ranked battles alone for more than a dozen battles is pretty boring.

Last Ranked I switched from DD to selfish Thunderer, cause my teams abused me to spot so they could do continuous damage while ignoring the caps. I just felt, Ranked was no team work whatsoever.

Suddenly, when I could div up in the previous sprint, that whole Arms Race mode made a lot more sense to me. Finally I got the support to do what helped my team win by playing the objective rather than selling their souls for damage.

I don't see an issue with divisions, as they get mirrored. It's not so much an issue of purple divisions than of super-red divisions having the insolence to drag their teams down. But that is just an extension of the super-red player expecting his teams to carry him.

• Cool 1

Players
376 posts
5,795 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, Estrellaqiao sagte:

Well, enemy will also have teams. It is balanced from each site.

Would you rather have 1 potato on youre team and 1 unicum instead on the other or 2 of each?

Players
3,090 posts
17,533 battles
1 hour ago, Estrellaqiao said:

If I could have same rewards from different modes, I won't say anything.

However, some unique rewards only could be acquired from rank.

I do respect other players who like to play alone. But why so many other games still have rank in teams? They all dont respect different players?

Nothing wrong with different rewards for different game modes. Solo players can't get the special clan war paint jobs either, so it's fair to everyone.

As for rank in teams, it's true other games do that, but so do WoWs (ranked Sprint). I like diversity.

Duoing would mean more waiting time, potatoes getting boosted by unicums and putting solo players at a disadvantage, not to mention CV AA division abuse.

Since the lack of waiting time is a main attraction and the fact it does not put one at a disadvantage to play solo, I really like the mode.

Also, about half of the populations are introverts and dont view forced social interaction as an unconditionally good thing (Yes, I'm one of them, and since I work with people all day, I prtefer to regenerate my energy playing WoWs - alone!)

Players
6,842 posts
11,256 battles
2 hours ago, Estrellaqiao said:

I tired. But you know that there always people do not listen to you. I won't blame people who may have lower skills, but I really dislike people who don't communicate and do their own things.

Yea, there are always some people, that are egocentric or simply ignore everything you say. And we all dislike em. But Ive also developed the habbit to just go with what other people suggest (unless its really stupid), because following a mediocre plan is still better then no plan.

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
6,177 posts
14,684 battles
6 hours ago, Estrellaqiao said:

Do you agree or not?

Nah - sorry - you can play just about every other mode in the game in a division; the point of Ranked (not Sprint) is, allegedly, to be a measure of individual skill and - as we all know - playing in a division generally improves your chances of winning. If you could play in a division, doing well would cease to be entirely about individual skill.

You can debate the degree to which Ranked works in its aims, but if you want to play something similar in a division, I imagine WG would say that's what Sprints are for...

[CAIN]
Players
4,678 posts
19,811 battles
45 minutes ago, Estrellaqiao said:

Do you always play wow alone?        NOOOOOO

Do you want to play with your friends?       YESSSSSSSSS

SO, WHY WE CAN"T TEAM UP AT RANK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you agree or not? Tell the reason!~

Good luck for all captains!

Simple really. 

You‘d face unicum divisions, while your team has glue-sniffer divisions. And sometimes, it‘d be the other way around. 

If you watched Flambass stream yesterday, you’ll see that he is sync dropping with other CREED clan members, which left the other team pretty fraked. 

[ADRIA]
Players
275 posts
10,017 battles
3 hours ago, Jethro_Grey said:

If you watched Flambass stream yesterday, you’ll see that he is sync dropping with other CREED clan members, which left the other team pretty fraked. 

Now that was toxic as hell. Playing a Belfast together with 2 unicums in a mode meant for solo players... And when he was asked about it, his reply was "I don't want an unfair advantage, I just don't want to be at disadvantage".

How low can he go, seriously... If I ever had any respect for him, the last bits of it went down the drain yesterday.

• Cool 4

[THESO]
Players
1,267 posts
16,478 battles
6 hours ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Simple really. 

You‘d face unicum divisions, while your team has glue-sniffer divisions. And sometimes, it‘d be the other way around. 

I think you overestimate the impact of such divisions. You project your fear of a systematic disadvantage into it. There are way more "glue-sniffers" than unicums, so most of the time you would have glue-sniffer divisions on both sides. The choice of words that you would have unicums against you and sometimes with you is misleading and biased. You would have unicums on your side just as frequent as on the other side. Only everybody takes a good team as given while it's a mild drama when the enemy has the same advantage.

I didn't see Flambass stream, but the obvious reason why he left the other team fraked probably is because (a) he is a good player and (b) the MM does not account for divisions manipulated into the game through syncronizing. If divisions were allowed, the divisions are official and on both sides.

Btw, how did Flambass ensure that his CREED friends were on the same side? The chances usually are 50% to land on the same team, given you make it into the same battle at all. And those 50% only apply if you pick different ship classes. The chance is rather high to land on opposing sides if you pick the same ship class. I would know of no method that makes syncing into the same team anything but a rather unlucky coin toss. So Flanbass and his clan mates must have landed on opposite sides pretty often and the fight must have been rather even.

On a side note: If you want to avoid bad divisions on your team, just play BB. Most bad divisions I see in randoms are double-BB and the MM will try to avoid 3 BBs on each team if 2 works as well. My hopewould be that the issue solves itself. Even bad players want to advance in Ranked. A division of bad players will lose even more than a single bad player, so I would assume they give up their divisions at some point.

As I wrote, i would love divisions. I am just tired of 1v13. Let it at least be 2v12. The last season seems like yesterday to me and ruined my appetite for Ranked. When you try to get buffs in the center of the map, while your Thunderer team mates sit in B-/I-line, applying no pressure to zone out the radar cruisers and DDs from the center, when they come top in a losing battle, cause they get your intel and shoot for 18 min, while you cannot cap cause the enemy controls the center, that is utterly frustrating.

I have seen two rather untoxic ranked "seasons".

One was the last sprint. When teams are 12v12, appearantly keeping your star is nothing to count on anymore and players make more of an effort to play the objectives. Also, ofc, divisions. Finally another thinking man in a thinking man's game.

The other one and my favorite ranked "season" so far, was Sprint 10. The duels. Thank you Wargaming. Finally I got a good team. Maybe with perfectly mirrored MM next time, but the duels were the closest to my understanding of what ranked battles stand for. You as a player count and not your team.

Players
6,842 posts
11,256 battles
3 hours ago, Gebe_ said:

How low can he go, seriously... If I ever had any respect for him, the last bits of it went down the drain yesterday.

The thing is: he is setting an example. Can you imagine, how many **** are going to copy this now? Its the same when flamuu was bored with a game and exited to port while still alive. After that, the incidents of people going afk during the game, that ive witnessed, skyrocketed. Talking about lead by example huh.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this