SaintGordon

What is wrong with you? (dont cap guys)

57 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
128 posts
7,216 battles

As the topic says!

Why always guys whrite in chat: dont cap

I see guys leave the cap circle 2 min befor the game ends to hunt the last Cv...why?

Do this guys dont want to win?

A sure vicrtory lost for a draw without any needs.

Its a bad behaviour from WoT. I didnt understand why ppl throw away victorys because the want all enemys destoyed.

maybe you vorget, this is a SHIP game. and this ships cant get in and out the circle fast.

I dont understand that. you wont get more money/Ex for winning by totaly destruction. exept the guy who kills the last one...

So why risc a draw instead of winning for sure?

Did i miss something?

• Cool 6

[KOKOS]
Beta Tester, Players
3,371 posts
8,811 battles

Capping is part of the game, doesn't matter if it is World of Tanks or World of Warships.

Yesterday an ally shot me on purpose when i was in the cap. :sceptic:

We did win by me capping, because otherwise it would have been a draw.

Sometimes capping isn't so bad.

Better capping than a draw game.

:honoring:

• Cool 2

Weekend Tester
612 posts

Non combat task are usually not fun. For people who value victory in might be fun.

Some of us just want mayhem and wreak havoc.

I value damage over victory, in DD I'll go for kill 1st, cap if it brings me closer to a kill.

Beta Tester
23 posts
607 battles

I Would go for capping unless im in a fast ship, i know where the enemy is and i know if it is a slow target. Otther wise just cap.

[UBOTS]
Beta Tester
57 posts
979 battles

I felt sorry for an enemy team that won a domination game before any combat happened. Sucks on x4 days.

But yeah, capping is part of the game. Maybe the reward for winning by cap should be higher?

Beta Tester
128 posts
7,216 battles

I felt sorry for an enemy team that won a domination game before any combat happened. Sucks on x4 days.

But yeah, capping is part of the game. Maybe the reward for winning by cap should be higher?

Tahts not what i mean. I dont talking about this "ninja capping".

I am talking about caping 2 min befor time runs out.

Beta Tester
1,746 posts
1,390 battles

There's a lot of reasons. For ALL of them goes that "bad players are bad".

They have bad priorities. Winning is not necessarily the same as winning for them. It's the same type of people that doesn't focus fire, but spreads their fire around, because "it's their kill, they should just shoot something while someone else shoots something else". Typically they think there's a sense of dishonour to not winning by an act of combat. They don't play for the team and want more personal stat buffing/experience. Or think they do play for the team and may think dealing more damage nets the entire team more exp. Without realising that they risk losing the multiplier of the win or even handing it to the opposition. They generally don't know the effect of draw on the amount of experience they get (less, obviously...) and some don't even realise how much time they need for capping or killing. Sometimes they don't even know they're capping in the first place or that their contribution is lost if hit or moving out of the capture zone.

But whatever exact reason it is, they are ALWAYS people with low win ratios.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
4,192 posts
9,509 battles

Capping in domination is a "do or lose" thing.

Capping in encounters is a "do so you put pressure on the enemy and makes the battle favourable to you" thing.

Reducing this game to a death match, is like a chess player reducing that game down to a game of taking units only. It might sound fun, but in the end it makes the game a lesser one.

[PRAVD]
Weekend Tester
3,802 posts
5,468 battles

Well, there are people who cap when the match have not even started. Today I had a match where the best player got 1300 xp, it ended in like 6 minutes or something, both teams had most of their ships intact!

Destroyers players are most guilty of this!

[RONIN]
[RONIN]
Beta Tester
2,678 posts
5,569 battles

-People who "don't cap kill all" are wrong because it'll usually result in a loss, and everyone will get less xp.

-People who do a super early cap (usually encounter) are wrong, because although its a win, noone gets xp, and noone enjoys it.

-People who ignore the cap completely are wrong, they'll lose because enemy caps out/they're outnumbered and die

-People who always go for the cap are wrong, they'll probably die in the enemy circle being shot at by 6 enemies.

The key is knowing when and where to cap, and there's not a fixed guide.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,746 posts
1,390 battles

Well, there are people who cap when the match have not even started. Today I had a match where the best player got 1300 xp, it ended in like 6 minutes or something, both teams had most of their ships intact!

Destroyers players are most guilty of this!

No.

The enemy team is "guilty" of not stopping it. If they think their ship safety is more important than objectives... Well they aren't very good players then.

• Cool 3

[ST-EU]
Supertester
3,402 posts
18,076 battles

No.

The enemy team is "guilty" of not stopping it. If they think their ship safety is more important than objectives... Well they aren't very good players then.

This +1.

Capping is an essential part of the game as it promotes both attack and defence. It would be the ally players who are at fault for not defending a cap, not the enemy by capping early. Read what is going on with the mini-map and make decisions accordingly, not go off on a wonderful lemming train ride as that is when you will find out how to lose. Along with a friend we (in DD's) managed to cap in less than 5 minutes as the enemy team all followed each other down one side of the map, ok, no ships were sunk but it goes to show that if you do not equally defend as much as attack you will lose.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
84 posts
4,039 battles

-People who "don't cap kill all" are wrong because it'll usually result in a loss, and everyone will get less xp.

-People who do a super early cap (usually encounter) are wrong, because although its a win, noone gets xp, and noone enjoys it.

-People who ignore the cap completely are wrong, they'll lose because enemy caps out/they're outnumbered and die

-People who always go for the cap are wrong, they'll probably die in the enemy circle being shot at by 6 enemies.

The key is knowing when and where to cap, and there's not a fixed guide.

yup,

this game is about shooting stuff, capping is a nice way to ensure victory when everything else fails.

When in domination the enemy has destroyers and you don't (anymore) it's almost impossible to win. in that way capping is to strong and decisive.

Beta Tester
4,192 posts
9,509 battles

Capping is also very important for ship type balancing reasons. Without objectives like this you just get balls of cruisers and BBs sailing around in open water that no aircraft or DD can approach without being wiped out.

Weekend Tester
916 posts
1,191 battles

This +1.

Capping is an essential part of the game as it promotes both attack and defence. It would the ally players who are at fault for not defending a cap not the enemy by capping early. Read what is going on with the mini-map and make decisions accordingly, not go off on a wonderful lemming train ride as that is when you will find out how to lose. Along with a friend we (in DD's) managed to cap in less than 5 minutes as the enemy team all followed each other down one side of the map, ok, no ships were sunk but it goes to show that if you do not equally defend as much as attack you will lose.

Well these are all valid points in maybe Clan wars games, where the victory is the key. But in public games, experience, credits and fun is a key. And ultrafast cap victory on encounter is the most frustrating thing ever, especially when you are for example doing the first 4x of the day in your slow BB. This is when I agree with the "don't cap" criers, cause it can literally ruin you of more than 10k experience for that 4x of the day.
  • Cool 2

Beta Tester
10 posts
299 battles

I say cap, win and move on to the next match. Maybe 1 or 2 people will benefit for getting the last kill's. All will suffer a defeat. 

You're right in capping, grab the win and bank the XP.

Beta Tester
1,088 posts
2,056 battles

Question:

Why should I avoid capping to hunt down lonely enemys at the other end of the map wich I may not even see when I can get some nice xp an credits because of capping?

I never understood the "dont cap kill all" attitude, most the times this comes from players trying to hunt down single enemys. I would never get any hits on them so I would not have any benefit from stoping the cap so the other guy can kill the last enemys.

Also, never sacrifice a victory out of shier stupidity. When you can win with cap, go for it, even if you are 3 kills in the lead, never trust on your teammates to kill the enemys.

EDIT: Speaking of early cap, I once got a tier 6 game in my kawachi because the enemy had a troll platoon consisting of 1 Fuso and the tier 1 ship. (no idea whats its name) What did the game think I would be able to do? Stare the enemy to death?

I went straight to cap, a DD followed me and we both capped before even 2 ships got killed. Scored even some hits on an AFK Kongo.

Anyway, was there anything else I could have done? I dont think so.

Was my team crying?

Oooooh yeeesss ^^

Sometimes the tears of your own team are more delicious than the ones of our enemy ^^"

Edited by Wischmob_von_Eimer

[WAFU]
Weekend Tester
183 posts
1,269 battles

I think WG when they introduce Tutorials have one explaining when to cap and when to not cap. Plus one to explain why 'No Cap kill All' Will lose you games. I feel people are still in the WoT mentality when you got fast tanks that can get from 1 side of the map to the other in 1min ish. With the ships its more like 2:30s for a DD or 5+ for everything else. I had a game when my team through a win away cause they saw the Enemy carrier. We had no DD so we were never going to catch the carrier. 

Alpha Tester
55 posts
801 battles

Stat monkeys have moved from WoT to WoWs and are beginning to ruin the game....all they care about is flashing their stats at their boyfriends who are giving them a good tug!

I had the same thing, i was capping and someone started shooting me, turn camera to see it was a friendly St Louis. Told him to stop, he said "stop cap or i kill you"

Fortunately we cap before he managed to carry out his threat, as more ships begin to cap too....

But seriously, who the hell let these guys into beta??

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
467 posts

Well these are all valid points in maybe Clan wars games, where the victory is the key. But in public games, experience, credits and fun is a key.

"If winning is not important, then commander, why keep score?"
  • Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,088 posts
2,056 battles

But seriously, who the hell let these guys into beta??

Money did.

I dont have a problem with this kind of player, since 0.3.1 came along they will kick themself out of beta.

Beta Tester
1,746 posts
1,390 battles

That's not necessarily a "WoT" mentality. People coming into WoT with that mentality have that mentality from the start. It isn't something that "grows", it's just the completionist and competitive attitude of some players. It's like new chess players who think it's so awesome to remove every opponent's piece from the board before trying to check mate, and then getting a stale mate because they didn't allow the king anywhere to go with their three queens, completely handing away a situation of victory.

I'd rather have a cheap and efficient win and move on to the next match in which I can gain exp again, than a time consuming and expensive draw or loss.

Telling people when to cap and when not to doesn't help. People should learn that. The only thing you should teach people is that the win goes above everything else. Which you can do by incentives.

An example of an extreme incentive would be a situation where the winner and loser teams get a standard amount of exp to share among themselves, with the biggest share going to the biggest contributor for the win. For example. 12K to divide amongst 15 people for the winner (average 800 exp), 7.5K for a draw (average 500 exp) and 4.5K for a loss (average 300 exp). Which is probably what Wargaming does right now at maximum damage dealt and then adding some bonusses.

You could even make it so that only the losing side notices a short match in their experience points earned. Make the dividing exp key based on cap points, defense points, damage dealt, team assisted damage (scouting), defending others (think AA or DD kills in the proximity of others) and then you don't even need to provide incentives for kills themselves (which people are focused on anyway for glory).

Then suddenly the game is about winning or at least a draw as a team, rather than performing on your own. Then they wouldn't care if it's a cap or destruction win now, just the win that matters and being part of the winning team. Rewards should primarily be around the team winning, not the player or method of winning.

IMO. After all, if you set certain condition as winning objectives as a designer, you should heavily incentize those winning conditions and not penalize them when a team wins using those conditions. Right now, for most games out there, scores are mostly personal damage and actions based, so that capping early is seen as something bad. Honestly if you can cap so early it's going to be a boring game anyway as your opposition is not worth talking about and everyone is better off going to the next match.

Wargaming (in WoT anyway) has tried to do something similar to do what I just stated, but came up with a damage related experience dividing key, with bonuses for damaging higher tiers, etc. and rewarding personal play even if you lose. Making it interesting for players on the losing side to "appear" to do something worthwhile, like damaging from the wrong region of the map or at the wrong point in time that it doesn't actually contribute to a chance of winning (near the end of the match, by the campers, rather than near the beginning of the match, when you can still get a numerical advantage out of it).

Incentives like experience points should be very sophisticatedly divided, but I think it's personally wrong to incentize one type of win over another. A win is a win and your opponent let itself be beaten. :/ I don't see why a tactical win should be seen as worse than a Pyrrhic victory (where you win after total slaughter of both sides).

Alpha Tester
55 posts
801 battles

Having an incentive for base capture contribution, a bit like personal missions in WoT would help.

If you were rewarded for say 1000 capture points per day, with credits or consumables, or similar, then that would encourage capture.

Likewise for anything else...detecting ships, torpedo hits, aircraft destroyed.....etc etc...:medal:

Alpha Tester
55 posts
801 battles

Money did.

I dont have a problem with this kind of player, since 0.3.1 came along they will kick themself out of beta.

Money only became a key to Beta with the premium ships....friendly fire for capping has been going on longer than that....since beta began, Alpha was (as always) far more civilised

Sign in to follow this