Sign in to follow this  
Yusuf_Ismail

Smoke

9 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
23 posts
607 battles

The once it was me (New York) and a Fuso between a smoke cloud, there were no other enemies close to me and there was a friendly DD in the smoke but still i coudnlt see him but he could see me. And with  DDs when im against a DD while it is laying smoke i cant see it but when i'm laying smoke halve the enemyteam is shooting at and hitting me ( and this is not RNG because all those shots were well aimied). these smoke mechanics NEED to be fixed ASAP. And i thought a ship is suppose to become visisble after it fires in our behind smoke.

Edited by Yusuf_Ismail

Beta Tester
1,746 posts
1,390 battles

You do realise that if they have an aircraft directly over the smoke or you're being seen by a unit to the side of the smoke, you're actually just being seen?

Viewing angles and view sharing. Yes, they scouted you somehow as a team, while your side didn't use aircraft or otherwise to scout them. This is your problem. Solve it in-game with the tools available. That includes teamwork.

Edited by Figment

Beta Tester
23 posts
607 battles

You do realise that if they have an aircraft directly over the smoke or you're being seen by a unit to the side of the smoke, you're actually just being seen?

Viewing angles and view sharing. Yes, they scouted you somehow as a team, while your side didn't use aircraft or otherwise to scout them. This is your problem. Solve it in-game with the tools available. That includes teamwork.

they didnt have any aircraft over me

[-RFA-]
Alpha Tester
237 posts
9,540 battles

they didnt have any aircraft over me

then there might have been an enemy unit on your side of the smoke... BB's a rather big targets and you can spot them at a fair distance, so it would not be incosivabel to belive that you were spotted by another unit

Beta Tester
6 posts
346 battles

Smoke is just broken(Buggy) right now. Even when you take a 180 turn and drive behind your smoke you get spotted.

Want to be invisible? Lay smoke and stop moving, just stand still and you can do whatever you want. They literally have to ram you before they can spot you even while spamming volley after volley into them.

Edited by Ringsel

Beta Tester
1,746 posts
1,390 battles

Above you? If it is 7+km away it can spot you while you won't see the scout plane till it is much closer. You can be spotted by any DD from 18km or more. Don't be silly. You can't always see the scout.

Beta Tester
7 posts
3,130 battles

just did a game and dd whas in smoke 3.5- 4.5km from me and he fire guns stil cant see him it whas a sims VII

BTW he did not stand stil :)

Edited by Elefantmanden

Beta Tester
1,088 posts
2,056 battles

When he was standing still, you could come as close as 500m and he could still attack you without you detecting him. Ringsel was not joking when he said you have to ram them to detect them, thats actually how this sort of stuff works.

Step 1: activate smoke

Step 2: Slow down to 0kn

Step 3: Shoot like crazy

Step 4: ???

Step 5: Profit!

Beta Tester
375 posts
739 battles

I've been informed, after pointing out that a New Mexico was firing at me from within smoke at 5km range without revealing himself, that you can safely fire from smoke if you're more than 1-2km from the edge of it.

Sign in to follow this