Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
koliber_1984

0.9.5: still collecting soviet tokens?

19 comments in this topic

[BASIC]
Players
630 posts
20,801 battles

On PTS, we keep collecting soviet containers with tokens in them. I thought those crates are only for current update? So, the chance for early access will be really prolonged through 0.9.5?

[BASIC]
Players
630 posts
20,801 battles
25 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

To be more precise. I know that doubloon bundles form the armory will still be there i 0.9.5, but what about special token missions for Mikoyan and Bagration? Will they continue? Or new directives will give soviet crates too?

[H_FAN]
Players
2,653 posts
43,973 battles
15 minutes ago, koliber_1984 said:

To be more precise. I know that doubloon bundles form the armory will still be there i 0.9.5, but what about special token missions for Mikoyan and Bagration? Will they continue? Or new directives will give soviet crates too?

Well if you look at history the chances are close to zero - I can not recall when the directives and same tokens have been used for 2 updates - the dockyard have been announced to do that I think, otherwise not, just buy extra if you need that is WGs  thing and desire

Players
13 posts
5,848 battles

So far I've opened 39 containers and received 220 tokens only.  Is that pathetic or what?

Every time I get a new container with 5 tokens, it's like rubbing salt into the wound. 

WG do you know that you should not trash your customers?

• Cool 2

[I-J-N]
Players
5,456 posts
5 minutes ago, Sinker_Simon said:

So far I've opened 39 containers and received 220 tokens only.  Is that pathetic or what?

Every time I get a new container with 5 tokens, it's like rubbing salt into the wound. 

225 after 25 containers. Sorry, mate, you are even worse off than I am.

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,969 posts
28,533 battles

Probably not, 0.9.5 and 0.9.6 directives will be for new Dockyard. I doubt you will be able to collect more tokens, outside those bundles for doubloons maybe, during next patch but you should be able to spend them till 0.9.6.

Players
222 posts
12,144 battles

Take the event for what it is, collecting tokens to get a free premium t5. Anything else is down is to tempt whales to spend lots or some lottery chance of winning to get anything else. The 2 ships will be silver ships soon enough and free to grind.

You can look at it negatively, and whilst it does have its negative aspects, whales spending does keep the game going.

I'm up to 295 tokens from all the freely available tokens so far, so next directive I'll have enough for the freemium. After that maybe more premium time or a free premium camo if the rest of the free crates earns enough tokens. I'll just grind the ships the usual way when their available.

• Cool 2

[SM0KE]
Players
6,124 posts
14,608 battles
55 minutes ago, Commander_Ericson said:

Take the event for what it is, collecting tokens to get a free premium t5.

This is good advice. I think what WG have done is increase the number of 'minimal' drops (5-10 tokens) we'll get, and decreased the 'maximal' ones (anything more); at the same time, they've also increased the *number* of drops that you'll get, if you play consistently.

Short version: for f2p, every player (who plays reasonably frequently) gets a 'free' T5 premium, and a few other useful rewards along the way (coal etc.).

Unlike previous events, the f2p folk won't be split between the hugely lucky (who get lots) and the less so (who get a metaphorical rock); the new model, although perhaps less exciting (if you dig gambling mechanics), is certainly fairer.

You could argue that WG's comms could have communicated the reality a bit better, but this is small beer really (compared to previous benchmarks like PR, for example).

• Cool 1

[CAIN]
Players
4,651 posts
19,743 battles
4 hours ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Collecting.. collecting.. still collecting.. :Smile_sceptic: no chance of getting the Mikoyan yet...

Do what every good WoWS player (WGs favorite players) did: buy Ochakov and Bagration.

You'll have the tokens in no time.

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,351 posts
26,188 battles
4 hours ago, Sinker_Simon said:

If you feel the slightest urge to buy something, then its working as intended.

[I-J-N]
Players
5,456 posts
32 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Do what every good WoWS player (WGs favorite players) did: buy Ochakov and Bagration.

You'll have the tokens in no time.

:Smile_sceptic:

[R7S]
Beta Tester
96 posts
21,155 battles

I am not a fanboy of WGs monetarization practices, but this event isn't that bad for f2p players.

In the past a T5 was the final reward of 4 directives. Now you might get it earlier, probably during directive 3.

At the point when you get it, there is an additional 420 token boost (4x105 for the challenge, need  one day each), so you get the perma camo for Tallinn for free too.

If you are lucky and you draw the 300 token reward, then you have a great chance to the Tallinn herself.

Players
687 posts

I wonder if you can use these tokens on those bundles after this event is over? I have 110k exp grinded on Schors and wasting 500 tokens to get the Tallinn a few weeks earlier seems like a waste. I would rather get the first two bundles, then research Tallinn with exp and then use the tokens to get Rigas camo.

I wonder will it work?

[PUPSI]
Privateer
11,615 posts
Just now, Fatal_Ramses said:

I wonder will it work?

I'll guess you will still have to use tokens for the Tallinn before you can buy the Riga camo (and will get credits as compensation)

• Cool 1

[SHAD]
Players
2,916 posts
12,610 battles
1 hour ago, Fatal_Ramses said:

I wonder if you can use these tokens on those bundles after this event is over? I have 110k exp grinded on Schors and wasting 500 tokens to get the Tallinn a few weeks earlier seems like a waste. I would rather get the first two bundles, then research Tallinn with exp and then use the tokens to get Rigas camo.

I wonder will it work?

I’d be surprised if it works but you could easily hold out until 0.9.6 is ready to drop and reassess as more information becomes available.

I like the ‘out of the box’ thinking.

Its the only way we get anything of decent value from Wargaming!

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,519 posts
9,533 battles
3 hours ago, powerzuff said:

I am not a fanboy of WGs monetarization practices, but this event isn't that bad for f2p players.

In the past a T5 was the final reward of 4 directives. Now you might get it earlier, probably during directive 3.

At the point when you get it, there is an additional 420 token boost (4x105 for the challenge, need  one day each), so you get the perma camo for Tallinn for free too.

If you are lucky and you draw the 300 token reward, then you have a great chance to the Tallinn herself.

This isn't a bad event for new players, not so much for f2p players. Sure, newbs can probably use a free perma camo since they don't have many normal ones yet, and a free tier 5 premium sounds good as well, but for anyone that has at least a few tier 10 ships it's completely worthless. What do we get? A tier 5 we'll never play, a perma camo we don't need because WG keeps giving out tier 8 camos all the time (I have like 5 universal tier 8 camos in storage waiting to be put on tier 8 ships) and a rotten carrot showing us what we could get if we spent a lot of money. I mean, it's fine if they meant this as an event for new players but c'mon...how about some normal pricing then?

Sign in to follow this