Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Just_a_bit_meh

...the end is nigh?...

61 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
31 posts
8,767 battles

I have been playing since...mid 2015, I am but an average player with average stats. I also watch the Mighty jingles for the giggles and Flambass for tips...neither can really help with the current situation of the game. I do focus on DD's and that has become less fun, especially since the CV debacle and the advent of more radar etc...

The title is of course wrong, the game will go on and life will chug along with my stats simply getting worse, but here's the rub. It has become so easy now to grind through tiers (What use to take 6 months to a year is now "doable" in 6 days...) and it is really noticeable.  Playing tier 8 to 10 I see players with less than 300 games!!!? and it shows. Battles are (seemingly...) much shorter, as half your team die in the first 5 minutes. I am certainly no unicum (49% win rate...is just meh...) but I feel the fun is being taken away - for the need for wargaming to entice more players for an easy grind. Solutions are never easy, but maybe when teams are split into categories, maybe look at games played and share the experience with the team selection for random battles.

 So, to conclude:

  • DD play is next to impossible
  • CV's are the fun police (The arty from world of tanks...)
  • Noobs are playing tier 10
  • Feels like pay to win...

 

Am I alone with this view?

  • Cool 10
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
28,257 posts
14,932 battles
5 minutes ago, peter2dc said:

 

  • DD play is next to impossible
  • CV's are the fun police (The arty from world of tanks...)
  • Noobs are playing tier 10
  • Feels like pay to win
  • I do fine
  • only when you meet the top 5% of the CV players
  • you are playing it too...
  • i suggest to look more at stats, there are enough red premium players and it contradicts your previous point
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[XTREM]
Players
4,212 posts
11,558 battles

The game is in a healthy state. 

Please don't project your lack of enjoyment on everyone else. 

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 4
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
31 posts
8,767 battles
2 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:
  • I do fine
  • only when you meet the top 5% of the CV players
  • you are playing it too...
  • i suggest to look more at stats, there are enough red premium players and it contradicts your previous point
  • I also have "good games" not the point...the fun aspect is diminishing...
  • Use to be the case, now with endless planes not anymore
  • If you read my article it says I am not a good player...noob means newbie...
  • no it doesn't
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[XTREM]
Players
4,212 posts
11,558 battles
1 minute ago, peter2dc said:

no it doesn't

So go more in depth with your explanation towards "pay2win" then please. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
31 posts
8,767 battles
7 minutes ago, Yoshanai said:

The game is in a healthy state. 

Please don't project your lack of enjoyment on everyone else. 

Is this not a forum? Open discussion? Pro's and cons? Or simply a place where everyone agrees how lovely everything is?

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[XTREM]
Players
4,212 posts
11,558 battles
Just now, peter2dc said:

Is this not a forum? Open discussion? Pro's and cons? Or simply a place where everyone agrees how lovely everything is?

You are certainly not discussing anything but calling pay2win without even elaborating how it is so. 

I'm asking you again. How is WOWS pay2win? 

 

Are you willing to discuss or not? 

Or did you just come here for comfort by others agreeing with you mindlessly about the boohoo bad state of the game? 

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
31 posts
8,767 battles
7 minutes ago, Yoshanai said:

So go more in depth with your explanation towards "pay2win" then please. 

Apart from Premium ships, you have the addition of flags/signals which, yes, can be earned but also purchased (giving you for example 700% XP or 300% more credits...

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[XTREM]
Players
4,212 posts
11,558 battles
2 minutes ago, peter2dc said:

Apart from Premium ships, you have the addition of flags/signals which, yes, can be earned but also purchased (giving you for example 700% XP or 300% more credits...

So how do those help you "win" and why isn't it working for you? (49%)

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
136 posts
8,789 battles
12 minutes ago, Yoshanai said:

The game is in a healthy state. 

Please don't project your lack of enjoyment on everyone else. 

You see, I would believe you. If it weren't for your recent games....

stats.png

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[XTREM]
Players
4,212 posts
11,558 battles
1 minute ago, causalgamer said:

You see, I would believe you. If it weren't for your recent games....

stats.png

what's wrong with my games? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
28,257 posts
14,932 battles
12 minutes ago, peter2dc said:
  • I also have "good games" not the point...the fun aspect is diminishing...
  • Use to be the case, now with endless planes not anymore
  • If you read my article it says I am not a good player...noob means newbie...
  • no it doesn't
  • fun is relative, player numbers are increasing
  • I am talking about the current situation
  • which makes no difference... when you think you are ready, so do they
  • take a guess how a new players gets to Tier X in 300 battles.... if this were P2W, they would stomp you...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
31 posts
8,767 battles
Just now, Yoshanai said:

So how do those help you "win" and why isn't. it working for you? (49%)

OK, pay to win is a popular term...maybe I should not have included it in my "reclining fun factor" but it used to be "I earned this ship through hard and long grind" and now its...wheres my wallet, I will just skip the first 5 tiers...

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SERBS]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,516 posts
8,966 battles
28 minutes ago, peter2dc said:

Feels like pay to win...

you funny guy you make me laugh - Serb | Meme Generator

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[XTREM]
Players
4,212 posts
11,558 battles
1 minute ago, peter2dc said:

OK, pay to win is a popular term...maybe I should not have included it in my "reclining fun factor" but it used to be "I earned this ship through hard and long grind" and now its...wheres my wallet, I will just skip the first 5 tiers...

So there actually is no pay2win and instead a way to skip progression like in most other MMOGs these days. 

Nothing new or bad. People can choose how they spend their money and if that means more noobs in higher tiers then it's just that. Doesn't change much as it's always been this way. 

1 minute ago, causalgamer said:

Do you think the game is in a healthy state when you are only doing good in CVs?

I'm "only" good in CVs? I'm a CV main of course it's my best Class. 

I would say I'm pretty decent in the rest of the classes.

what does this have to do with the game as those are my personal preferences? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
31 posts
8,767 battles
6 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:
  • fun is relative, player numbers are increasing
  • I am talking about the current situation
  • which makes no difference... when you think you are ready, so do they
  • take a guess how a new players gets to Tier X in 300 battles.... if this were P2W, they would stomp you...
  • Fun is not relative when I use to love this game, and now that is going away...edging towards frustration
  • So am I
  • Sure...so you know every player...hmmm
  • I get roffelstomped in many games...again...not my point...
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[XTREM]
Players
4,212 posts
11,558 battles
Just now, peter2dc said:
  • Fun is not relative when I use to love this game, and now that is going away...edging towards frustration
  • So am I
  • Sure...so you know every player...hmmm
  • I get roffelstomped in many games...again...not my point...

Then simply take a break. No point in playing if the game frustrates you. 

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
136 posts
8,789 battles

not recently thou

Just now, Yoshanai said:

I would say I'm pretty decent in the rest of the classes.

Overall yes, but not recently

1 minute ago, Yoshanai said:

I'm "only" good in CVs? I'm a CV main of course it's my best Class. 

 

what does this have to do with the game as those are my personal preferences? 

Do you think that your preference towards cv is influencing your opinion on the game,

27 minutes ago, Yoshanai said:

The game is in a healthy state. 

Please don't project your lack of enjoyment on everyone else. 

Might you project that preference on to others, when they challenge your view of the game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SERBS]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,516 posts
8,966 battles
11 minutes ago, Yoshanai said:

Then simply take a break. No point in playing if the game frustrates you. 

This^

Started to play this game again two weeks ago after a year of break. It works, trust me. 

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[XTREM]
Players
4,212 posts
11,558 battles
Just now, peter2dc said:

First smart thing you have said...

Now look who's getting personal here. 

You didn't expect opposition but everyone to just agree with you so you can say something like "See WG, all these people are upset how about u fix game instead of me taking a break"? 

 

We have these topics every day. 

1 minute ago, causalgamer said:

Overall yes, but not recently

to me only Winrate matters. Everything else I don't care about. I don't need to meet your standards. 

 

2 minutes ago, causalgamer said:

Do you think that your preference towards cv is influencing your opinion on the game

No. I understand the problems CVs have on the game. That doesn't make the game bad. It makes the CVs influence on the game bad. 

 

2 minutes ago, causalgamer said:

Might you project that preference on to others, when they challenge your view of the game?

It's not a preference but a fact that the game is healthy

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BBMMX]
Players
1,054 posts
5,362 battles
1 minute ago, causalgamer said:

Might you project that preference on to others, when they challenge your view of the game?

:Smile_veryhappy:

 

"Do you think your view of the game impacts on your view of the game when someone questions your view of the game?"

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[KOKOS]
Players
460 posts
6,789 battles

Of course you aren't alone. Your points are, in various forms, repeated all over the forums – but to many of us the game is still fun, despite its problems.

 

If you can't find any enjoyment at all, perhaps you really are just burnt out at bit, and that's what you are projecting onto others, as previously suggested.

 

Maybe take a break or play some low tier to let off some steam, or it becomes a vicious cycle where your bad mood starts to negatively impact your performance, leading to even more frustration.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
28,257 posts
14,932 battles
5 minutes ago, peter2dc said:
  • Fun is not relative when I use to love this game, and now that is going away...edging towards frustration
  • So am I
  • Sure...so you know every player...hmmm
  • I get roffelstomped in many games...again...not my point...
  • And that is your personal problem...
  • then do not talk about the past
  • no need to know them, it is simple logic
  • your point was that the game was P2W, while complaining about bad players who PAY their way to Tier X :Smile_facepalm:
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×