You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Master_Bealot

Deleted World of Warships

48 comments in this topic

Players
23 posts
598 battles

As the title says, I deleted World of Warships and the reason for it is simply too much frustration during gameplay. Warning beforehand, this is a rant/ask for help so I hope don't offend anyone in my thread. 

I've been playing WOWS for over 2 years now, but 2 years ago I stopped playing (out of boredom) and I recently picked up the game again, about 2-3 months ago. Started fresh because something went wrong with linking my previous account on Steam (if that's even possible) but I was fine with that. I've been focussing mainly on BB's, especially the German line and I also started the IJN line, made it both to the Gneisenau and the Kongo. Nevertheless I also started the new EU DD line cause it looked fun to me, and had a few cruisers from Germany and the British. But, I'm pretty bad at playing WOWS in general, at least that's what I think of my own playstyle. I'd be a miracle if I get at least 20k damage in any ship at all, above is extremely rare for me. 

I came to these forums before to ask for help, and many people answered which I'm grateful for (plus the positive attidude, cause sometimes I see more or less jerks on the forums). I tried to apply any advice and tips I've been given, plus I've been trying to watch tutorial videos for individual ships like the Gneisenau and the Kongo for the correct skill set, upgrades and playstyle. The only thing that improved is how long I'm alive in a battle, and that's about it. I'm not the only one to blame for my playstyle, everytime I'm in a BB, no matter which country, for some reason my BB automatically becomes an anti-team magnet. I usually, set my speed on 1/4 and see where everyone goes, and usually go along side a pack of cruisers. An enemy ship pops up the horizon, say a Sinop for example, and everyone runs back to the spawn and me with my slow BB gets focused fire on by the Sinop and HE spammers. (I've even seen a destroyer sniping from a distance, that's how bad things are in my teams. :fish_palm: )

But I've become so frustrated that for me it's just not enjoyable anymore to play the game, I tried everything I could to improve my skills playing the ships but to no avail sadly. I might start playing again, but that's not anytime soon. 

Again I mean no offense towards anyone and I also hope this is in the right thread section. 

• Cool 5
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

Players
23 posts
598 battles
2 minutes ago, Admiral_Oily_Discharge said:

so your speed is 1/4th  all ahead its obvious you cant go dark and burn .

Only at the start of the match to see where everyone is going, afterwards I switch to full especially with the Gneisenau.

2 minutes ago, Camperdown said:

Eh this is LtP baiting :cap_haloween:

No idea what that means but thanks for the helpful comment I guess...

Players
350 posts
5,465 battles
7 minutes ago, Master_Bealot said:

Only at the start of the match to see where everyone is going, afterwards I switch to full especially with the Gneisenau.

You need to play bbs moar passively in the beginning . If  facing multiple cruisers, turn away and fall back. Utilize terrain to your advantage to block off targetting and make it harder for others to shoot at you. Don't get focused down by multiple cruisers, but at the same time, don't get too focused on chasing down a single evading cruiser. Fire dmg is 100 % recoverable . Most HE spammers like to stay closer thar max range to shoot BBs. If you have concealment, you can force the engagement wher u can shoot back and melt . Bbs ap is effective at all ranges against cruisers

You dont focus on minimap dont you

• Cool 2

[BAD-A]
Players
212 posts
27,607 battles

ahem .. didnt mean to in terrupt but did you has any stuff? Coz id like to have your stuff, with ease when you finished ranting, thanks.

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
306 posts
3,106 battles

Honestly. You should try playing something else.

Battleships as a whole are in a really bad place right now. They exist purely to be damage farms, set on fire, all the while their own guns are so hopelessly inaccurate and RNG dependent that you're lucky to do 5k to the enemy cruiser who has just burned you down and HE spammed you for 20k. If you're going to play any battleships the only ones worth doing are the Russian because they actually have the armour and unique Damage control consumable to deal with HE / Fire spam. 

Try playing cruisers or something. Its infinitely more enjoyable. I hate every single second i play in battleships yet love playing cruisers.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Players
350 posts
5,465 battles
2 minutes ago, Riggerby said:

you're going to play any battleships the only ones worth doing are the Russian because they actually have the armour and unique Damage control consumable to deal with HE / Fire spam.  

Russian bbs melt quickly in crossfire just like every other class.

Players
23 posts
598 battles
2 minutes ago, Admiral_Oily_Discharge said:

YOu need to play bbs moar passively in the beginning . If  facing multiple cruisers, turn away and fall back. Utilize terrain to your advantage to block off targetting and make it harder for others to shoot at you. Don't get focused down by multiple cruisers, but at the same time, don't get too focused on chasing down a single evading cruiser. Fire dmg is 100 % recoverable . Most HE spammers like to stay closer thar max range to shoot BBs. If you have concealment, you can force the engagement wher u can shoot back and melt . Bbs ap is effective at all ranges against cruisers

You dont focus on minimap dont you

Yes, I try to do that as well right now. It used to be just full and push into the enemy's side of the map resulting in a loss, but even now when I try to stay behind the cruisers I still get focused on. Kongo is a ship you can play at a distance, but the Gneisenau isn't at all. And yes, I'm looking more at the minimap nowadays but honestly I still tend to overlook it, especially during an intense shootout against a pack of cruisers or a BB. 

2 minutes ago, Lukewehr said:

ahem .. didnt mean to in terrupt but did you has any stuff? Coz id like to have your stuff, with ease when you finished ranting, thanks.

No idea what you're on about.

1 minute ago, Riggerby said:

Honestly. You should try playing something else.

Battleships as a whole are in a really bad place right now. They exist purely to be damage farms, set on fire, all the while their own guns are so hopelessly inaccurate and RNG dependent that you're lucky to do 5k to the enemy cruiser who has just burned you down and HE spammed you for 20k. If you're going to play any battleships the only ones worth doing are the Russian because they actually have the armour and unique Damage control consumable to deal with HE / Fire spam. 

Try playing cruisers or something. Its infinitely more enjoyable. I hate every single second i play in battleships yet love playing cruisers.

I think I saw a video about the bad place BB's are in right now, might be a stupid question but why won't Wargaming fix that if so many players are having trouble? And Russian battleships...I don't know what it is but I'm not that attracted to their BB line. And I got trouble playing cruisers, simply because I'm so used to BB gameplay I think I can still tank damage which is, spoiler alert, not the case lol. But that should be an easy fix by just continuous playing them.

Players
350 posts
5,465 battles
4 minutes ago, Master_Bealot said:

Yes, I try to do that as well right now. It used to be just full and push into the enemy's side of the map resulting in a loss, but even now when I try to stay behind the cruisers I still get focused on. Kongo is a ship you can play at a distance, but the Gneisenau isn't at all. And yes, I'm looking more at the minimap nowadays but honestly I still tend to overlook it, especially during an intense shootout against a pack of cruisers or a BB. 

Genis cant be played as a standard bb . Ambush. Use terrain to get close and torp the everloving crap out of them. dont sit back and lounge on her the guns are just not consistent enough.Bow is godlike and will bounce almost all shells shot at it. Wg buffed german dispersion from "bad " to "not great not terrible"  .The problem with you is of "over extending "

Players
23 posts
598 battles
Just now, Admiral_Oily_Discharge said:

Genis cant be played as a standard bb . Ambush. Use terrain to get close and torp the everloving crap out of them. dont sit back and lounge on her the guns are just not consistent enough.Bow is godlike and will bounce almost all shells shot at it. Wg buffed german dispersion from "bad " to "not great not terrible"  .The problem with you is of "over extending "

Don't see much of the buff coming back in-game though, but you're right about over extending and I got no clue how to stop doing it. The moment I face a superior force I either 1) Full speed ahead and hope I can get close enough for my secondaries and torps or 2) I kite away with a result of HE spam and still getting destroyed.

[NECRO]
Players
1,746 posts
Vor 48 Minuten, Master_Bealot sagte:

As the title says, I deleted World of Warships

Impossible, I am playing it right now - so it's still there.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 7

[NWP]
Players
2,991 posts
17,341 battles

Honstly, you  would've  been better showing us some replays. Your own perception of a game is often not the correct one. So I'd rather see you play and give pointers afterwards. General tips and tricks are just that.

Ps, one of the calmest rants ever.

• Cool 2

[BAD-A]
Players
212 posts
27,607 battles
13 minutes ago, Master_Bealot said:

No idea what you're on about. 

Says the guy who "deleted" wows and "asking for help".... sure you are not asking for attention?

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Players
350 posts
5,465 battles
5 minutes ago, Master_Bealot said:

but you're right about over extending and I got no clue how to stop doing it. The moment I face a superior force I either 1) Full speed ahead and hope I can get close enough for my secondaries and torps or 2) I kite away with a result of HE spam and still getting destroyed. 

Post a couple of replays and then we can talk

Players
23 posts
598 battles
1 minute ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

Impossible, I am playing it right now - so it's still there.

:Smile_veryhappy:

1 minute ago, fighting_fugu said:

Same here, uninstalled the whole WG bunch. Not willing to leave the *game* factor and start to *work* in my free time as if it is a *job*.

Yeah this, started more like a requirement that I got at least 20k damage each match, to a point I simply didn't have fun anymore. 

1 minute ago, 159Hunter said:

Honstly, you  would've  been better showing us some replays. Your own perception of a game is often not the correct one. So I'd rather see you play and give pointers afterwards. General tips and tricks are just that.

Ps, one of the calmest rants ever.

I'm fine with that, but how do I do that exactly? I've done it before on another thread but I don't remember how. And I got a calm rant?

Players
23 posts
598 battles
2 minutes ago, Lukewehr said:

Says the guy who "deleted" wows and "asking for help".... sure you are not asking for attention?

Asking attention for advice and tips yes, if you think I'm trolling in any way I can assure that I am not.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,729 posts
18,026 battles
Vor 57 Minuten, Master_Bealot sagte:

, I tried everything I could to improve my skills playing the ships but to no avail sadly. I might start playing again, but that's not anytime soon. 

Well, you gave it a try. If it doesn't work out for you and you deinstall the game, it speaks for your sanity. After all, it's just a game.

Hope you find better entertainment elsewhere. 

Players
310 posts
19,515 battles
4 minutes ago, Master_Bealot said:

Asking attention for advice and tips yes, if you think I'm trolling in any way I can assure that I am not.

If I can offer a piece of advice. You don't have many battles and have pushed to T7, where you meet T9 ships. That's tough but manageable for experienced players. I'd advise playing a range of ship classes of different nations to T4-5 and get a real feel for how each works. Settle on a few you like. Pushing up the tiers without learning the game will spoil your fun and your team mates fun too.

• Cool 2

Players
23 posts
598 battles
2 minutes ago, Johnny_Moneto said:

Well, you gave it a try. If it doesn't work out for you and you deinstall the game, it speaks for your sanity. After all, it's just a game.

Hope you find better entertainment elsewhere. 

Yeah, but it's a shame because I really like WOWS. It's probably one of the very few naval combat games out there, at least to an extend where it's a good game.

Just now, Andy_the_Cupid_Stunt said:

If I can offer a piece of advice. You don't have many battles and have pushed to T7, where you meet T9 ships. That's tough but manageable for experienced players. I'd advise playing a range of ship classes of different nations to T4-5 and get a real feel for how each works. Settle on a few you like. Pushing up the tiers without learning the game will spoil your fun and your team mates fun too.

Yeah I really wanted to play the Bismarck lol, that's why I wanted to steamroll towards T8. Needless to say, I haven't encountered any T9 ship yet but that could be just luck. I'll keep that surely in mind for the moment I get back to WOWS, thank you.

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,728 posts
25,090 battles
1 hour ago, Master_Bealot said:

As the title says, I deleted World of Warships and the reason for it is simply too much frustration during gameplay. Warning beforehand, this is a rant/ask for help so I hope don't offend anyone in my thread. 

I've been playing WOWS for over 2 years now, but 2 years ago I stopped playing (out of boredom) and I recently picked up the game again, about 2-3 months ago. Started fresh because something went wrong with linking my previous account on Steam (if that's even possible) but I was fine with that. I've been focussing mainly on BB's, especially the German line and I also started the IJN line, made it both to the Gneisenau and the Kongo. Nevertheless I also started the new EU DD line cause it looked fun to me, and had a few cruisers from Germany and the British. But, I'm pretty bad at playing WOWS in general, at least that's what I think of my own playstyle. I'd be a miracle if I get at least 20k damage in any ship at all, above is extremely rare for me. 

I came to these forums before to ask for help, and many people answered which I'm grateful for (plus the positive attidude, cause sometimes I see more or less jerks on the forums). I tried to apply any advice and tips I've been given, plus I've been trying to watch tutorial videos for individual ships like the Gneisenau and the Kongo for the correct skill set, upgrades and playstyle. The only thing that improved is how long I'm alive in a battle, and that's about it. I'm not the only one to blame for my playstyle, everytime I'm in a BB, no matter which country, for some reason my BB automatically becomes an anti-team magnet. I usually, set my speed on 1/4 and see where everyone goes, and usually go along side a pack of cruisers. An enemy ship pops up the horizon, say a Sinop for example, and everyone runs back to the spawn and me with my slow BB gets focused fire on by the Sinop and HE spammers. (I've even seen a destroyer sniping from a distance, that's how bad things are in my teams. :fish_palm: )

But I've become so frustrated that for me it's just not enjoyable anymore to play the game, I tried everything I could to improve my skills playing the ships but to no avail sadly. I might start playing again, but that's not anytime soon. 

Again I mean no offense towards anyone and I also hope this is in the right thread section. 

if this is a rant at all, it probably is the most civilized one i ever did read lol

u might check the wows discord for advice. think theres a dediacted helpme section.

• Cool 1

Players
23 posts
598 battles
10 minutes ago, MrWastee said:

if this is a rant at all, it probably is the most civilized one i ever did read lol

u might check the wows discord for advice. think theres a dediacted helpme section.

Didn't know there was a WOWS Discord, do you have the invite for the server?

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,728 posts
25,090 battles
3 minutes ago, Master_Bealot said:

Didn't know there was a WOWS Discord, do you have the invite for the server?

https://discord.gg/wows

u just need to verify ur account, then u're in. didnt get past activating myself though. gl and fair seas :Smile_honoring: