Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
luokailk

Best strategy for ranked: cap AB/BC or AC?

34 comments in this topic

[KITEN]
Players
145 posts
16,024 battles

Hi guys, it’s discussed quite a lot in the ranked at the beginning of almost each battle: cap AB/BC or AC?

what is the best plan? It’s important to new guys to understand it:)

• Cool 2

[LUZ1]
Players
883 posts
12,929 battles

Normally AB or BC because you can support eachother. If B is dangerous on a map you may do AC. However that's the exception.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

Beta Tester
135 posts
3,352 battles

I wish I was in your ranked battles. Most often in mine, somebody asks what the plan is, and the team genius replies "not to die."

And no, I'm not the team genius.

• Funny 5

[THESO]
Players
4,419 posts
6 minutes ago, Bluestrategist said:

I wish I was in your ranked battles. Most often in mine, somebody asks what the plan is, and the team genius replies "not to die."

Thats important.

Applies for DDs mostly who overcommit and die within minutes.

Also "focus fire" is the key.

• Cool 1

[XTREM]
Players
4,223 posts
11,558 battles

The best plan is to play around all the caps. And if you can help it then always be that one player that goes to the cap left alone and kite. 

• Cool 3

[KITEN]
Players
145 posts
16,024 battles
11 minutes ago, Camperdown said:

Normally AB or BC because you can support eachother. If B is dangerous on a map you may do AC. However that's the exception.

But as common knowledge in previous CB or tier X random, AB or BC will leave the flank and you will be crossfired?  As I had these bad experiences this season :( AC should be the best?

[KITEN]
Players
145 posts
16,024 battles
1 minute ago, Yoshanai said:

The best plan is to play around all the caps. And if you can help it then always be that one player that goes to the cap left alone and kite. 

Can a Sinop do this solo kiting job?

[LUZ1]
Players
883 posts
12,929 battles

P.s. in ranked you should not try to cap at all cost but contest the cap. The first kill is much more important than a cap. What I try to do is dip into a cap (I am a DD main playing Gadja) to provoke the enemy to expose and make mistakes. I am not doing this well yet though :Smile_sad:

• Cool 1

[XTREM]
Players
4,223 posts
11,558 battles
11 minutes ago, luokailk said:

Can a Sinop do this solo kiting job?

I messed up text on first picture. basically you should try being the lone BB in the south

20200523_085101.jpg

20200523_085241.jpg

Beta Tester
1,734 posts
18,052 battles
Vor 51 Minuten, Yoshanai sagte:

I messed up text on first picture. basically you should try being the lone BB in the south

20200523_085101.jpg

20200523_085241.jpg

That's an excellent drawing of Mom and Dad, son. We will stick it right here on the refrigerator. 

• Funny 15

Players
127 posts
9,945 battles
1 hour ago, luokailk said:

Hi guys, it’s discussed quite a lot in the ranked at the beginning of almost each battle: cap AB/BC or AC?

what is the best plan? It’s important to new guys to understand it:)

AB or BC. IMHO, the best plan depends on the specific map. Although I had quite a few games in which agreed AB or BC meant A or C respectively for the entire team, leading to a brainless lemmingtrain.

1 hour ago, Bluestrategist said:

I think the best way is to assume command and steer the team yourself. There are players who will ignore you (or simply don't understand English) but most players are waiting for a plan and will listen.

[PRT]
Players
178 posts
8,164 battles
1 hour ago, Yoshanai said:

20200523_085101.jpg

20200523_085241.jpg

Very clarifying. Lol ! :Smile_veryhappy:

Players
28 posts
12,940 battles

I recommend to play for all 3 caps. Important is that you and your team need to focus on the enemy DDs. If you attack 3 caps you can make a good crossfire by focusing one ship. You need to playing for ever single cap, not only for 2 because when you only attack AB or BC many BBs will do a lemmingtrain and be totally out of position.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,734 posts
18,052 battles

The caps are so close together that going for AB or BC means that you box yourself into a corner.

As we learned in the past you want to establish map control and crossfires.

Players
127 posts
9,945 battles
1 minute ago, Captain_Toth said:

I recommend to play for all 3 caps. Important is that you and your team need to focus on the enemy DDs. If you attack 3 caps you can make a good crossfire by focusing one ship. You need to playing for ever single cap, not only for 2 because when you only attack AB or BC many BBs will do a lemmingtrain and be totally out of position.

The problem with playing all 3 caps in this season of Ranked Battles is the small size of the teams. Ships tend to sail together for safety in numbers. Contesting all 3 caps simultaneously will mean that in a worst case scenario 2 ships might be running into 7 lemmings. Best course of action is to push AB or BC and distantly cover the remaining capture point with a suitable kiting ship like a Myoko. I wouldn't recommend DD, because if it runs into the whole enemy team will be focused down and killed quickly.

After initial contact the team should be ready to reorient in response to the enemy disposition. I've seen BBs sailing casually south of A and shooting with  Spotter Plane at the enemy ships 22km away between B and C.

Another problem with this season of RB is that some people tend to play like it was tier10, with ships that don't have HP pool, speed or consumables for that.

[KOKOS]
Players
460 posts
6,789 battles

That's why I switched from Belfast to Haida, so I can decide which cap I want to contest.

This season is horrible otherwise.

• Cool 1

Players
2,405 posts

Strategy for this ranked event is impossible.

In all but a few games I've played everyone does their own thing and nobody obviously reads the chat messages...I have never seen so many idiots in a ranked event ever.

I suppose that whoever has the least amount of morons in their team wins.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

Players
86 posts

In my experience AB or BC is the better strategy. One ship gets A or C and rest focus/cover B seems to work best. But as with all things be prepared to pivot to a different strategy once you see what the enemy is doing. As someone else said focus fire is key, that first kill is so important

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles

The best plan is to try preserve your ship. If this means lemming train, then lemming train, if not, then not. But it certainly means to not put your fate at the mercy of 6 random folks who may or may not support your efforts. If this was CB, making more detailed plans works, but as you have to content with random lineups of ships played at times by people with questionable approaches to gameplay... gotta be flexible.

[BBMMX]
Players
1,054 posts
5,362 battles

Based on my experience so far, the best strategy is to pay attention to the minimap and ensure you look at the positions of both teams, then adjust your gameplay to best support your team with whichever ship you've chosen to play.

A more common strategy, however, is to demand that someone else suggest a plan so that you've got a scapegoat should it go wrong, then stay close to an island in order to have a better chance of saving a star if the rest of your team can't enact that plan successfully. :cap_old:

[NOCAP]
[NOCAP]
Players
695 posts
8,034 battles

BBs shall spread to all caps to create crossfires, Radar cruisers shall spread to cover as much caps with radar as possible, dds might work together to 2 vs 1 the enemy dd. But ranked reality is pretty hard, every strategy can win. Staying 5min alive should rather be the aim.

• Cool 2

[THESO]
Players
4,419 posts

Strategy in ranked == virgin prostitute.

AB all. Half the team goes C.

DDs play safe. 2 of them dead in 2 minutes....

DD spot. He lays smoke and sits in it only to eat torps 30 seconds later (in that time whole enemy team not spotted).

BB get back! He rushes in and dies immediately.

Need I go on?

I had Gnaisenau pushing my Belfast out of smoke (so that I got nuked), when he fired and got focused in my smoke, he whined about radars, yet no radar ship on the enemy team.... 

I have no expectations anymore for this player-base, who don't know the basics of this game even in high tier games.

• Cool 1

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,433 posts
10,977 battles
On 5/23/2020 at 8:53 AM, Yoshanai said:

20200523_085101.jpg

20200523_085241.jpg

Beautiful. How much?

image.thumb.png.b265f1321610cb962484cda56b43137c.png

[KITEN]
Players
145 posts
16,024 battles
On 5/24/2020 at 3:46 PM, nambr9 said:

Strategy in ranked == virgin prostitute.

AB all. Half the team goes C.

DDs play safe. 2 of them dead in 2 minutes....

DD spot. He lays smoke and sits in it only to eat torps 30 seconds later (in that time whole enemy team not spotted).

BB get back! He rushes in and dies immediately.

Need I go on?

I had Gnaisenau pushing my Belfast out of smoke (so that I got nuked), when he fired and got focused in my smoke, he whined about radars, yet no radar ship on the enemy team.... 

I have no expectations anymore for this player-base, who don't know the basics of this game even in high tier games.

but how can those guys get ranked out? Please shed some lights from rank 1 guys:)

Sign in to follow this