You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Toni112007

Why do I enjoy Bismarck more than Yamato?

49 comments in this topic

[COBRA]
Alpha Tester
212 posts
1,734 battles

So I got Yamato few days ago and don't understand whats the fuss about it. I do like how the ship looks (its a beauty) tho but the guns are trolly in my experience (i don't have legendary module). Shots which are supposed to citadel or destroy enemy ship full broadsiding (like one Montana on 10km away) end just being overpens (I guarantee if I was in Bismarck that Montana would be dead or crippled heavily). I guess Bismarck is just easier to play and Yamato requires more game knowledge which I don't have I guess... Also one reason why I get more citadels in my Bismarck must be because Bismarck shells have lower arc of flying which will hit belt armor more often than not compared to Yamato which almost always will hit deck armor. In my experience I see Yamato as a ship which relies heavily on its team to perform well. It can't turn game around as easily as Bismarck can with its brawling when its needed. So Yamato is basically artillery from world of tanks in form of a ship? Do I get it right? xd

• Cool 2

[COBRA]
Alpha Tester
212 posts
1,734 battles
2 minutes ago, AkulaTSR said:

Similar to myself in that i prefer the Tirpitz to the Grosser Kurfurst 

I can see myself liking Kurfurst far more than Yamato as it can brawl when needed. I don't like battleships which can't do that. I do like Yamato despite this however because its historical ship so I bought perma camo for it.

[XTREM]
Players
1,889 posts
14,450 battles

Yamato is a goddess among ships. I'm not even joking. 

Bismarck might suit your playstyle more, hence why you like it more. 

I also like Bismarck a lot. And Kurfurst. 

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[COBRA]
Alpha Tester
212 posts
1,734 battles
2 minutes ago, Miragetank90 said:

Yamato is a goddess among ships. I'm not even joking. 

Bismarck might suit your playstyle more, hence why you like it more. 

I also like Bismarck a lot. And Kurfurst. 

I won't say Yamato is bad ship because it isn't. Its probably one of the best tier X but for some reason it doesn't work for me. I find its guns too trolly for my liking.

• Cool 1

Players
3,019 posts

you just like Bismarck gameplay more, Yamato is a really good ship considering the powercreep it has endured over the years. But it needs time, but then again if you do well in Bism then you will be fine in the Yami. You can even kinda brawl with it (I don't advise you do)

[BODEM]
Players
802 posts
7,026 battles

It's funny because if there is one BB line with trolly guns, it's the germans. 

• Cool 1

[COBRA]
Alpha Tester
212 posts
1,734 battles
17 minutes ago, FukushuNL said:

It's funny because if there is one BB line with trolly guns, it's the germans. 

I disagree. Germans aren't that bad in short-mid range anymore. My Yamato has been trolling me on mid range and short range.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Players
8 posts

That is exactly what I was afraid of. After getting more and more overpens (starting from tier 2) I stopped playing at all. Getting the Yamato was the main motivation to stay with the game, but I reached the point where it was no fun at all anymore.

Beta Tester
1,731 posts
18,041 battles
Vor 28 Minuten, fighting_fugu sagte:

That is exactly what I was afraid of. After getting more and more overpens (starting from tier 2) I stopped playing at all. Getting the Yamato was the main motivation to stay with the game, but I reached the point where it was no fun at all anymore.

Good.

Honestly, players rushing the tiers because they think heaven awaits them there are nuking the fun for others.

So, good that you are disappointed and move back to some lower tiers. There you might learn how to play and, when have done so, come back to Yamato and enjoy what she has to offer.

Players
8 posts
Vor 1 Minute, Johnny_Moneto sagte:

move back to some lower tiers.

I moved back to no tier 😉

The game is not enjoyable at all for me, so I happily removed it from my PC 👍🏽

Back to UT2003/UT2004 and Flight Simulation 😎

[PRT]
Players
178 posts
8,157 battles

Get the British Conquerer tier 10 BB instead. Great ship, with very accurate and long range guns, superheal and with the right captain skills she is among the best BBs in the game in my opinion. Can put the Yami on fire from far far away, (24 km)  and melt her down. :Smile_bajan2:

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
1,731 posts
18,041 battles
Vor 5 Minuten, fighting_fugu sagte:

I moved back to no tier 😉

The game is not enjoyable at all for me, so I happily removed it from my PC 👍🏽

Back to UT2003/UT2004 and Flight Simulation 😎

Also good, thanks.

[SHAFT]
Players
11,126 posts
9,500 battles
8 hours ago, Toni112007 said:

I disagree. Germans aren't that bad in short-mid range anymore. My Yamato has been trolling me on mid range and short range.

IJN BBs have the worst shortrange dispersion from all ships

image.thumb.png.4f155935367cd2b5fd3d0a9b01deb3a9.png

• Cool 2

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
3 hours ago, Jimbomaxi said:

Get the British Conquerer tier 10 BB instead. Great ship, with very accurate and long range guns, superheal and with the right captain skills she is among the best BBs in the game in my opinion. Can put the Yami on fire from far far away, (24 km)  and melt her down. :Smile_bajan2:

Conqueror has literally the same long range accuracy as GK, only surpassing the Bourgogne and Kremlin. Every other BB at T10 has better long range accuracy.

Also, can be citadelled from 24 km away by Yami if you get unlucky.

• Funny 1

Players
3,437 posts
3 hours ago, Johnny_Moneto said:

Good.

Honestly, players rushing the tiers because they think heaven awaits them there are nuking the fun for others.

So, good that you are disappointed and move back to some lower tiers. There you might learn how to play and, when have done so, come back to Yamato and enjoy what she has to offer.

Have to disagree there dude the only fun they are nuking is their own when they realise the so called 'heaven' they seek is a fallacy, too me ages t get her, and that was ages ago, the Yamato is not a ship  would really choose to go to over say most of my other tier tens.

[GRK3N]
[GRK3N]
Players
1,174 posts
6,418 battles

Yamato is in my oppinion the best BB in the game at tier 10 but it isnt a brawler, and honestly brawlers dont do that well at tier 10 in this meta. 

+ Best BB in the game to hold down a flank, most difficult ship in the game to kill bow on

+ Most resillient ship in the game to HE spam because of a very tiny superstructure and thick deck armor (only Kremlin has 3 mm better deck armor but Kremlin has the empire state building ontop of that so)

+ By far the most accurate BB in the game

+ The only BB in the game this far to overmatch 32 mm of armor, which means it doesnt care about angling on a lot of ships, your shells will go straight throu the deck of a lot of tier 10 BBs no matter the angle.

+ Best torp belt of any BB at tier 10 by far

- Slow with slow turrets. It cant disengage as easely so positioning is key

- Easiest BB in the game to citadel, but its not an issue if your not a potato

- AA is not brilliant, its not bad per say and since AA means little on all ships even AA cruisers its not a huge downside anymore.

- Bad dispersion at short range and guns tends to overpen cruisers a lot on broadsides. Yamato is an anti BB BB but it can blap cruisers in the nose aswell, just dont expect it to devstrike cruisers when they show broadside, it can happen but its not likely.

• Cool 3

[COBRA]
Alpha Tester
212 posts
1,734 battles
17 minutes ago, Floofz said:

Yamato is in my oppinion the best BB in the game at tier 10 but it isnt a brawler, and honestly brawlers dont do that well at tier 10 in this meta. 

+ Best BB in the game to hold down a flank, most difficult ship in the game to kill bow on

+ Most resillient ship in the game to HE spam because of a very tiny superstructure and thick deck armor (only Kremlin has 3 mm better deck armor but Kremlin has the empire state building ontop of that so)

+ By far the most accurate BB in the game

+ The only BB in the game this far to overmatch 32 mm of armor, which means it doesnt care about angling on a lot of ships, your shells will go straight throu the deck of a lot of tier 10 BBs no matter the angle.

+ Best torp belt of any BB at tier 10 by far

- Slow with slow turrets. It cant disengage as easely so positioning is key

- Easiest BB in the game to citadel, but its not an issue if your not a potato

- AA is not brilliant, its not bad per say and since AA means little on all ships even AA cruisers its not a huge downside anymore.

- Bad dispersion at short range and guns tends to overpen cruisers a lot on broadsides. Yamato is an anti BB BB but it can blap cruisers in the nose aswell, just dont expect it to devstrike cruisers when they show broadside, it can happen but its not likely.

But being a brawler ship is a pro and there is no con for it (I can still snipe mid range no problem in my Bismarck for example). Having brawling ability is useful (at least in tier 8, don't have tier 10 brawler yet so that might be huge difference) even if not used that much today. I use it quite a lot in my German battleships, just need to find perfect moment to do it. Not being a brawler is just a con and the ship which can't do it is less flexible imo (doesn't mean ship is bad!)

[SHAFT]
Players
11,126 posts
9,500 battles
9 minutes ago, Toni112007 said:

But being a brawler ship is a pro and there is no con for it

Ofc not directly, but the con for being good as a brawler usually has downsides when you have to act from further back. Less range, worse dispersion...

• Cool 2

[COBRA]
Alpha Tester
212 posts
1,734 battles
2 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Ofc not directly, but the con for being good as a brawler usually has downsides when you have to act from further back. Less range, worse dispersion...

I agree but its not terrible anymore with the Germans at least as they have been buffed recently.

[IRON7]
Players
178 posts
4,782 battles

You might be suprised to learn that the germans BBs accuracy have been buffed some time ago. Or so i have been told. And i also experince the bismarck being more accurate than i remember it being.
As for Yamato… most of the time you do nothing but overpens with it. And as @DFens_666 have shown us its quite vulnerable to rushes. Lord [edited]knows why its the worst at close range? Must this twisted F-ed up balancing mechanic WG likes to use.

Players
10,222 posts
11,997 battles
13 hours ago, Toni112007 said:

So I got Yamato few days ago and don't understand whats the fuss about it. I do like how the ship looks (its a beauty) tho but the guns are trolly in my experience (i don't have legendary module). Shots which are supposed to citadel or destroy enemy ship full broadsiding (like one Montana on 10km away) end just being overpens (I guarantee if I was in Bismarck that Montana would be dead or crippled heavily). I guess Bismarck is just easier to play and Yamato requires more game knowledge which I don't have I guess... Also one reason why I get more citadels in my Bismarck must be because Bismarck shells have lower arc of flying which will hit belt armor more often than not compared to Yamato which almost always will hit deck armor. In my experience I see Yamato as a ship which relies heavily on its team to perform well. It can't turn game around as easily as Bismarck can with its brawling when its needed. So Yamato is basically artillery from world of tanks in form of a ship? Do I get it right? xd

No one said "bigger gun = more fun":cap_tea:

• Funny 2

[COBRA]
Alpha Tester
212 posts
1,734 battles
4 minutes ago, redraven said:

You might be suprised to learn that the germans BBs accuracy have been buffed some time ago. Or so i have been told. And i also experince the bismarck being more accurate than i remember it being.
As for Yamato… most of the time you do nothing but overpens with it. And as @DFens_666 have shown us its quite vulnerable to rushes. Lord [edited]knows why its the worst at close range? Must this twisted F-ed up balancing mechanic WG likes to use.

I slapped Puerto Rico bow on rushing me in Yamato (while I was going backwards) from point blank range and I did like 11k damage to him, all overpens and he rammed me...