You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
mbadboyp

Map border exploit probable fix

16 comments in this topic

[R-ORC]
Players
3 posts
2,085 battles

I came across one wild idea in case of map border exploits.

What if you guys try to make/implement "deserter" mod. By it I mean everyone who tries to exploit border of map is cast out of match and proclaimed deserter in game match (and gets color mark, like people who do dmg to their allies).

U set timer that tells one if continue it will be thrown out of match and marked as deserter.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 4

Beta Tester
1,019 posts
16,329 battles
34 minutes ago, mbadboyp said:

if continue it will be thrown out of match and marked as deserter.

If it throws you out of the game it is considered to leaving your team at a numerical disadvantage(unsporting behavior), so not happening.

About coloration, i have made a ticket once about chat ban, that they should make a coloration for that and block private messages as well, but they (the answering machine) sayd its not happening.

So thats 2/2 negative, dont bother, live with them border hugging adventurers.

[CATS]
Players
28,154 posts
14,900 battles
1 hour ago, mbadboyp said:

What if you guys try to make/implement "deserter" mod. By it I mean everyone who tries to exploit border of map is cast out of match and proclaimed deserter in game match (and gets color mark, like people who do dmg to their allies).

U set timer that tells one if continue it will be thrown out of match and marked as deserter.

When you do not mind to play even more outnumbered regularly. WG can probably implement that for your teams.

Players
40 posts
5,477 battles

In the current game play i experience, i dont think thats a bad idea. I would though just have someone timed out for a short while, cause kicked from the battle could hurt the team more. Maybe do the same border mechanics as in world of warplanes. If a plane goes to the border, it gets turned away from the border and back towards the center by the game, and you get a message saying you are leaving the battlefield. 

• Bad 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,725 posts
25,023 battles

there's one prob with the border in general: it's there. without any intention. the intention gets into it by players. so, the border doesnt know if u want to effectively grieve or simply get pushed into it on a kiting position. also, there needs to ba a border. from a certain point on it can't be dynamic. and these are the reasons nothing will happen in that regard.

may they'll bring a mode once with shrinking or hurting borders. but in randoms it gonna stay like it is. simply because there's no other measurable solution to it. intention or not, who knows?!

• Cool 2

[WGP2W]
Players
354 posts
17,685 battles
31 minutes ago, MrWastee said:

there's one prob with the border in general: it's there. without any intention. the intention gets into it by players. so, the border doesnt know if u want to effectively grieve or simply get pushed into it on a kiting position. also, there needs to ba a border. from a certain point on it can't be dynamic. and these are the reasons nothing will happen in that regard.

may they'll bring a mode once with shrinking or hurting borders. but in randoms it gonna stay like it is. simply because there's no other measurable solution to it. intention or not, who knows?!

Well the problem is not that we have a border but that on some maps the border is far to close to the caps while on other maps the border is so far of that one ship can hide forever. 

• Cool 1

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
306 posts
3,106 battles

Eh, Most people hit the map border because in trying to kite away to stay alive they simply run out of room. I think very very very very few people intentionally hit the map border maliciously, because of the way it absolutely cripples your speed often does more harm than good.

Something that could be changed about the map border, Perhaps just make it act as if its an island. Once you hit it, it acts as though you've been beached and you just come to a dead stop. The way it acts right now, where you can like, turn in and out of it to 'drift' out of the way of shells can be very frustrating, but i don't think it happens anywhere near often enough to begin handing out punishment for it.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,725 posts
25,023 battles
2 hours ago, niclasknig said:

Well the problem is not that we have a border but that on some maps the border is far to close to the caps while on other maps the border is so far of that one ship can hide forever. 

the border doesnt care either where it is so to say lol, that's a matter of mapdesign and totally subjective in doubt. the mapsize also can't be too dynamic. it can be a variety of up to 5 tiers playing on the same map (t7's, toptier gainst t5, lowtier gainst t9). the characteristics of single ships and their firing ranges differ a lot in that gap, as do the concealment values.

u cant say it's too big or tiny in general or in regard to cappoints. only referring to a certain tier.

Players
3,432 posts
15 hours ago, mbadboyp said:

Are you telling me you have never ever once been chased down, focused by whoever, took pride in your evasive manoeuvres to counter the red scoundrels, only then to hit the border?

Fun isn't it?:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[BBMMX]
Players
1,054 posts
5,362 battles
3 minutes ago, Inappropriate_noob said:

Are you telling me you have never ever once been chased down, focused by whoever, took pride in your evasive manoeuvres to counter the red scoundrels, only then to hit the border?

If you're going to take pride in your evasion skills, you should be able to evade the border too.

• Funny 1

[R-ORC]
Players
3 posts
2,085 battles

thx for replay, it was suggestion, an idea how to deal with exploit not demand. Something witch developers can dwell over and maybe, maybe implement one day. 

Players
15 posts
6,255 battles

As a possibility, what about deactivating and resetting the timers on guns and torps if you hit border? Not permanently just while hugging border you can't use guns and then to avoid the abuse of turning in and out of border to fire but quickly hide broadside have the guns etc start from beginning

[ST-EU]
[ST-EU]
Beta Tester
177 posts
5,713 battles
On 5/23/2020 at 11:27 AM, Riggerby said:

Most people hit the map border because in trying to kite away to stay alive they simply run out of room.

Yeah, players shouldn't be penalised because they hit the map border. It's when people stay in the map border for a long period of time that it can get annoying.

Perhaps some sort of penalisation - hard spotted until you've left it, HP depleting over time until you've left it - could be implemented if you've been in the border for a certain amount of time. However, i don't have a big problem with players doing it.

Edited by Zip__

[-IAN-]
Players
2,043 posts
6,904 battles

Treat it like a time-delayed mine field - After 30 seconds of contacting the border you start to take, for example, 1000HP damage from "mines" every 5 seconds (time and HP amount to be adjusted for balance). That way most people who "bump" the border because they're not looking can remove themselves within the time allowed without harm, and those who decide to deliberately border hump get punished.

Of course it'll never work and WG will never even consider it but thats what I'd chose.