You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Japanese Carrier Submarines

24 comments in this topic

[GURKA]
Players
4,774 posts
10,101 battles
2 minutes ago, The_Robyx said:

All aboard the hype train sub

I stay on the hype sub!

[-MMI-]
Players
13 posts
10,726 battles

Ehm, Wargaming, that silouhette is not an Akula, but represents the much bigger Typhoon. Such an obvious mistake on an article specifically meant for submarines is considerably worrisome...

weegee.png

• Cool 4
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 1
  • Angry 1

[MGY]
Players
1,339 posts
4,103 battles
4 minutes ago, TomsonPRD said:

Ehm, Wargaming, that's not an Akula silhouette, but represents the much bigger 175m Typhoon. Such an obvious mistake on an article specifically meant for submarines is somehow worrisome...

weegee.png

Typhoon is the Nato-Name of this submarine-class. Russian Name is Akula.

• Cool 3

[GURKA]
Players
4,774 posts
10,101 battles
6 minutes ago, NabooN1 said:

So not WG is wrong, but whole Russia? :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[-MMI-]
Players
13 posts
10,726 battles
21 minutes ago, NabooN1 said:

Oof! Yeah you are definitely right. Our Akula-class naming refers to the Shchuka-B, while theirs refers to the one we in the West name Typhoon. Pretty convoluted, but this is totally my bad.

• Cool 4

Players
194 posts
8,718 battles

Just give us the Japanese Arp I-401 with super graviton cannons :Smile_trollface:

Iona needs a ship!

• Cool 2
  • Funny 4

Players
53 posts
1,953 battles

not like they are going to introduce them in game, instead we are gonna get the fishing boat ship killer aka K-21 as a premium sub, mark my [edited]words :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[BELLE]
Beta Tester
229 posts
2,474 battles

Could you even imagine this thing ingame. The combination of the two most toxic and impossible to balance classes merged into one. Ugh. No thanks.

Players
59 posts
5,657 battles

I would definitely buy a sub CV :D The hamburger of hurt feelings of certain individuals would be legendary :D

The problem is that in order to play these in WoWs, WG would need to roll back to the old CV mechanics combined with sub mechanics.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[ADRIA]
Beta Tester
133 posts
5,453 battles
40 minutes ago, StanleyHTweedle said:

I would definitely buy a sub CV :D The hamburger of hurt feelings of certain individuals would be legendary :D

The problem is that in order to play these in WoWs, WG would need to roll back to the old CV mechanics combined with sub mechanics.

Not necessarily but it would really have to get very inventive OR make planes a consumable that do a specific role so that you have a big chonk sub with some special utility

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[HDMS]
[HDMS]
Players
64 posts

What the heck, they introduce so many other fantasy freaks in the game, why not I-400. We have fantasy cruisers drawn in late 50'es, CV's way out of proportions, later in this update we have submarines,

so why not SUBM CV - some day we might have my beloved F352 Peder Skram from midt 60'es.

:cap_old:   zzzzzz

• Funny 1

[GURKA]
Players
4,774 posts
10,101 battles
1 hour ago, gnist0s said:

What the heck, they introduce so many other fantasy freaks in the game, why not I-400. We have fantasy cruisers drawn in late 50'es, CV's way out of proportions, later in this update we have submarines,

so why not SUBM CV - some day we might have my beloved F352 Peder Skram from midt 60'es.

:cap_old:   zzzzzz

Did they say, they won't introduce the I-400? I know only that there was a model for  I-56, I guess it was 56

Players
136 posts
12 hours ago, Riggerby said:

Could you even imagine this thing ingame. The combination of the two most toxic and impossible to balance classes merged into one. Ugh. No thanks.

The I-400s only carried 3 M6A1 Seiran and Surcouf only carried a single Besson MB.411, both were seaplanes as the Seiran was bomber (it was created for attacking US cities) the MB.411 was a spotter. Only the I-400 and AM classes carried bombers (as AM also carried the Seiran, a grand total of 2 of then that was also the I-400 initial max capacity for airplanes) with the rest of the carrier submarines only having spotters.

I dont know whats more toxic, so called "broken classes" or people thinking this is Reddit and engage on the circlejerk, the FACT is those submarines existed and their capabilities were very minor, at best it would be a submarine with a special spotter plane that I dont think it would anything outside being a liability as it would telegraph the position of the sub to everyone. At the very worst it would have a single HE bomber flight composed of 3 aircraft that would be so laughable ineffective that would be mostly a curiosity even if they made then level bombers with a small reticle since the I-400 had eight bow tubes (no aft tubes) putting it at least at Tier 8 and so those planes would be of dubious use.

• Cool 1

[MGY]
Players
1,339 posts
4,103 battles
58 minutes ago, WWDragon said:

The I-400s only carried 3 M6A1 Seiran and Surcouf only carried a single Besson MB.411, both were seaplanes as the Seiran was bomber (it was created for attacking US cities) the MB.411 was a spotter. Only the I-400 and AM classes carried bombers (as AM also carried the Seiran, a grand total of 2 of then that was also the I-400 initial max capacity for airplanes) with the rest of the carrier submarines only having spotters.

I dont know whats more toxic, so called "broken classes" or people thinking this is Reddit and engage on the circlejerk, the FACT is those submarines existed and their capabilities were very minor, at best it would be a submarine with a special spotter plane that I dont think it would anything outside being a liability as it would telegraph the position of the sub to everyone. At the very worst it would have a single HE bomber flight composed of 3 aircraft that would be so laughable ineffective that would be mostly a curiosity even if they made then level bombers with a small reticle since the I-400 had eight bow tubes (no aft tubes) putting it at least at Tier 8 and so those planes would be of dubious use.

Best way to include them would be submarine with spotter-plane.

• Cool 1

Players
2,984 posts

So i wonder what the Russian subs will be like, if they ever draw up plans for them, how do do we have now before the subs hit the server, and which ones will be sold as premiums?

Players
385 posts

The Akula will probably be the T6 Premium :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
136 posts
5 hours ago, Inappropriate_noob said:

So i wonder what the Russian subs will be like, if they ever draw up plans for them, how do do we have now before the subs hit the server, and which ones will be sold as premiums?

K-class submarines were originally planned to have a seaplane scout (they were weird ones with 100 mm guns) but they abandoned the idea when the planned seaplane wasnt very durable.

They could do that, it would be not entirely that different from the Surcouf (just twice the guns for half the caliber) and the seaplane was likely the Chyetverikov SPL.

Also the Regia Marina did build the Ettore Fieramosca with a hangar but it was removed in 1931, it was also originally designed with a 203 mm gun in mind but it got a 120 mm instead, it seems she was slower that intended, not maneuverable and too expensive in both cost and maintenance so they only build one, was scrapped in 1941 after a battery explosion.

Edit: If you are talking about Soviet submarines in general, they had more that a few classes deployed, if the S-Class is the Tier VI I suppose the Shchuka will be the previous tier and the Dekabrist before the Shchuka, there is also the Leninets that even if was a minelayer it still had tubes (6 or 6/2) that was based on the British L-Class submarine or the HMS L55 to be more specific.

• Cool 2

Players
93 posts
11,676 battles

The 'bombers' were intended to paralyse the lock gates of the Panama Canal.

If used as spotters in WoWs, then they would have to be left behind (if airborne) if the sub has to dive quickly. Even if they were not airborne, then the mechanics would need time to dismantle them to get them into the pressuretight hangar before the sub could dive.

[IRON7]
Players
234 posts
10,146 battles
On 5/24/2020 at 10:16 AM, Riggerby said:

Sure, bring it on. We can already imagine the screaming.

On 5/24/2020 at 4:35 PM, Pikkozoikum said:

Did they say, they won't introduce the I-400? I know only that there was a model for  I-56, I guess it was 56

Did they? So sad & it was historical too.

On 5/24/2020 at 11:04 PM, WWDragon said:

the FACT is those submarines existed and their capabilities were very minor,

Yes.

I, for one, want the I-400 & related monstrosities (the Fre sub, etc) (& we 'know' there will be 'something' Russian too - after all the Ru Server can't be disappointed now can it?).

A Sub & a CV combo.

Ofc, it will be a premium. T8?  I can imagine the Wallets opening as I type (ROFL).  :cap_haloween:

[PIKES]
[PIKES]
Players
347 posts
On 5/24/2020 at 5:17 PM, arcticstorm123 said:

Just give us the Japanese Arp I-401 with super graviton cannons :Smile_trollface:

Iona needs a ship!

The ship exist in the tech tree of the game. You can unhide the hidden list installing the official mod program