Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Grimmblut

16th ranked season: 28 BBs and 9 DDs in queue, MM puts 10 DDs in a single battle

10 comments in this topic

[UNTO]
Beta Tester
113 posts
8,740 battles

Hi,

title says it all. The queue showed 28 BBs, 2 CAs and 9 DDs when I was put into a battle. The teams consisted of 1 BB, 1 CA and 5 DDs each. How can this happen? Who in their right mind thinks that such an alghorithm is fit for production?

• Funny 5

Players
1,380 posts
16,505 battles

Regular ranked mm? I mean heavily biased combinations have been part of ranked since the day I picked up the game three years ago. 

And 1/1/5 ain't as bad as 6/0/1 or 5/1/1.

[UNTO]
Beta Tester
113 posts
8,740 battles

You don't get the point. It's not primarily about being stuck in a team of 7 being the only BB with 5 DDs. It's that the matchmaker had 28 BBs and 9 DDs in queue at its disposal and decided to only take 2 BBs but 10 DDs to make up a match. Do you see how that doesn't make any sense? I'd get it if there would be 28 DDs and only 2 BBs, but the opposite is the case.

[CAIN]
Players
4,655 posts
19,758 battles

Well, those numbers shown are only a approximation of the real numbers in the queue.

Basically like WGs balans is only a approximation of the real balance... :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 3

[NECRO]
Players
1,685 posts
Vor 1 Stunde, Jethro_Grey sagte:

Well, those numbers shown are only a approximation of the real numbers in the queue.

Basically like WGs balans is only a approximation of the real balance... :Smile_trollface:

Yeah, it normally only differs by 1 digit plus or minus... :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

[IRON7]
Players
613 posts
10,886 battles
1 hour ago, Jethro_Grey said:

In other words, we will never understand how the two teams are built since we do not know ...

1) How many players are actually queueing up?

2) How the MM decides on how many of each class will be in any particular battle?

All we can know for sure is WG runs the MM & WG runs the RNG. Therefore ...

1) WG determines the teams (so any disparities are entirely due to WG)

2) WG determines the RNG results (so any disparities are, again, entirely due to WG)

Since WG refuses to show (publically disclose) their entire MM and RNG processes, make your own conclusions.

Which is why I no longer play Ranked - I have done so before & I, consequently, made the appropriate conclusion.

• Boring 1

[NECRO]
Players
1,685 posts
Vor 9 Minuten, Aethervoxx sagte:

In other words, we will never understand how the two teams are built since we do not know ...

2) How the MM decides on how many of each class will be in any particular battle?

2) WG determines the RNG results (so any disparities are, again, entirely due to WG)

Since WG refuses to show (publically disclose) their entire MM and RNG processes, make your own conclusions.

Which is why I no longer play Ranked - I have done so before & I, consequently, made the appropriate conclusion.

The answer is quite simple. Behold the sikrit MM algorithm:

homer.gif

• Funny 2

[CAIN]
Players
4,655 posts
19,758 battles
36 minutes ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

Yeah, it normally only differs by 1 digit plus or minus... :Smile_trollface:

That's mostly accurate...it may vary by 1 digit plus or minus... :cap_cool:

16 minutes ago, Aethervoxx said:

1. The screen only shows the number of players in "your region" i.e. the number of players that are in the same server "area" as you, otherwise you'd be seeing 20-30k players

2. MM is a template, and MM checks what is available SHIP/Tier wise, and assembles a game with two teams based on that.

Each ship gets a "value" assigned, things like light cruiser/ heavy cruiser and the MM picks ships bhased on their "value".

Things like radar gets ignored.

3. No. MM does based on the pre-defined values and limits, i.e. max of 5 BBs/ DDs

4. You are leaving for Tin-foil-Hat-ville here.

• Boring 1

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,407 posts
10,964 battles
4 minutes ago, Aethervoxx said:

We have the basics how the game "works". We just don't know what is under the basics and what are built on the basics.

It's like when somebody tries to sell you a house:

"It's made of brick. Fairly new. It has very nice use of space."

Sign in to follow this