You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
lovelacebeer

PTS redesigned Combat Missions tab and mission tracking

13 comments in this topic

Players
1,871 posts
19,310 battles

Compared to the return of the Dockyard the changes to the Combat Missions tab is quite minor and it may well just be me but I really don't like the new way that WG want to display combat missions. I will provide screen shots of how the missions will look in the future as well as a quick screen shot from a post battle result which shows how they want to show progress for missions. 

For me at least this way to display the missions seems less convenient than the existing system, but I am curious to see if other people prefer the new system.

pts missions 2.PNG

test results.PNG

• Cool 3

Players
1,862 posts
8,134 battles

It reminds me of WoT, where I have totally no idea how the missions work. Also, the icons in the bottom screenshots are ugly.

• Cool 1

[OZYR]
[OZYR]
Players
719 posts
14,485 battles
23 minutes ago, Ocsimano18 said:

It reminds me of WoT, where I have totally no idea how the missions work. Also, the icons in the bottom screenshots are ugly.

Yep. That was my first impression as well and I don't even play WoT I've seen only some videos of it.

Btw, szia !!:) from Arad :)

• Cool 2

Players
1,871 posts
19,310 battles

The really scary thi is how buggy this new system is although I will naturally be putting a fully detailed report into the PTS bugs section but for goodness sake if your going to make it this ugly at least make it work.

• Funny 1

Players
834 posts

To be fair, the current game client UI feels horribly sticky, clunky and filled with redundancies; anything that streamlines it can only be a good thing. It does seem that it might be harder to take in missions at a glance with the new system, but loading the various tabs or waiting for the floating info boxes with the current one is sometimes a frustrating experience, so will have to see; agreed that the post-mission icons are rather charmless, but if they're designed to show off the reward of the mission they're representing then that's a neat touch.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,396 posts
10,923 battles
Just now, NobleSauvage said:

To be fair, the current game client UI feels horribly sticky, clunky and filled with redundancies; anything that streamlines it can only be a good thing. It does seem that it might be harder to take in missions at a glance with the new system, but loading the various tabs or waiting for the floating info boxes with the current one is sometimes a frustrating experience, so will have to see; agreed that the post-mission icons are rather charmless, but if they're designed to show off the reward of the mission they're representing then that's a neat touch.

Only the art team is working at WG nowadays so this is going to be at least as buggy don't worry :D

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[SV]
Players
1,073 posts
13,920 battles

ehm so what is the rewards on the main server to play on pts this time i dont get it !

• Cool 1

Players
6,242 posts
10,755 battles
20 minutes ago, albin322 said:

ehm so what is the rewards on the main server to play on pts this time i dont get it !

That's the only thing I don't understand either...

@lovelacebeer already posted some bug reports? Want to read up on what I miss ....

Players
1,871 posts
19,310 battles
2 hours ago, Allied_Winter said:

That's the only thing I don't understand either...

@lovelacebeer already posted some bug reports? Want to read up on what I miss ....

Still got to write a full report but essentially main bugs are, often won't open or freezes up when trying to change tabs, and sometimes doesn't record progress on missions so you complete an objective but you won't get the mission ticked off as complete/ rewards. 

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
6,108 posts
14,566 battles

I'll wait until I use the thing for real, but it does have one plus-point over what's in WOT: you can see which 'vehicles' (boats in our case) are eligible for each mission without clicking on anything extra - to judge from the screen-shots.

The WOT missions tab is pretty poor, and I've had a couple of years (or whatever it is) to get used to the damn thing...

Players
6,242 posts
10,755 battles
7 hours ago, lovelacebeer said:

often won't open or freezes up when trying to change tabs, and sometimes doesn't record progress on missions so you complete an objective but you won't get the mission ticked off as complete/ rewards. 

Aye, thanks will look out for these!

• Cool 1