Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
PadawanUK

Close and remove Steam Account.

8 comments in this topic

Question

[TRA]
Players
14 posts
5,606 battles

Question: How can I close an account linked to steam and have the associated details removed  I have no access to this account beyond logging in (Log in Via Steam) as the account creation has not been completed on Wargaming side as detailed below. 

To Clarify, I got as far as assigning a Username to the said Steam account when trying to recover this account back in 2018 after a re-install etc and decided to use the steam client instead (not knowing at the time it does not work)

As I have been advised to do numerous times in an unhelpful manner, I am unable to log into the said account to start the automated account closure process as it requires account creation. this cannot be completed quite simply as I do not have a free e-mail address to use to create this account this is not letting me progress to the account management pages.

In advance of the suggestion, I have multiple e-mail addresses two of which are already in use for wargaming accounts, and I do not see the requirement of creating a new e-mail address simply to go through the process of then requesting said details removed.

If anyone here is able to help or get me in contact with the appropriate support beyond tickets that are auto closed or unable to be posted due to the mandatory fields being empty, It would be appreciated. 

Cheers,

Padawan

7 answers to this question

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,683 posts
14,147 battles
7 hours ago, PadawanUK said:

Question: How can I close an account linked to steam and have the associated details removed  I have no access to this account beyond logging in (Log in Via Steam) as the account creation has not been completed on Wargaming side as detailed below.

So you have a WG account that is linked with steam and you want to close that WG account?

But you cannot log in to that WG account via https://eu.wargaming.net/id/signin and using the steam button on the right which only requires your steam credentials?

If you can, just go to account management, data protection and delete account.

[TRA]
Players
14 posts
5,606 battles
5 hours ago, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu said:

So you have a WG account that is linked with steam and you want to close that WG account?

But you cannot log in to that WG account via https://eu.wargaming.net/id/signin and using the steam button on the right which only requires your steam credentials?

If you can, just go to account management, data protection and delete account.

As I have been advised to do numerous times in an unhelpful manner, I am unable to log into the said account to start the automated account closure process as it requires account creation. this cannot be completed quite simply as I do not have a free e-mail address to use to create this account this is not letting me progress to the account management pages.

1,683 posts
14,147 battles
2 hours ago, PadawanUK said:

If you don't have a free email address to complete the registration then I am not sure how else you can proceed.

You can contact WG support again and ask them to delete the account associated with your steam ID? I don't think you as a player can do anything unless you have an available email address required to fully enable the account and access the account management. But I'm not sure if you're actually deleting anything.

[TRA]
Players
14 posts
5,606 battles

That appears to be my problem,

I am being repeatedly asked to provide personal details in order to access an account in order to close the account and have the details removed, Backwards.

This is an account I have access too, can play if I wanted to, and can log into on the website and forums, but cannot go beyond that point without doing the above.

I have already advised WG that the account was created by mistake, and to close the account or at least unlink it to Steam since WG side of the account does not have my details it can sit in the ether for all I care. I can't even use a dummy account as the account creation requires e-mail verification.

I am then told that in order to do this I need to either provide details I don't have, OR unlink the game via Steam, which simply removes the game from the library.

Steam themselves have said that they cannot manage the account as its Wargamings account management I need to use, yet WG is stating they cannot help without an account being created. Created simply in order to be deleted......

So who does this account belong to? Steam? WG? Certainly not me apparently.

1,683 posts
14,147 battles

Seems to me that you are stuck. Although you could resolve the issue yourself with a new email address I think it is unreasonable for WG to require you to do so to close the account, but otherwise the request is beyond you.

I am going to ping @MrConway @Crysantos as they may be able to review the tickets you have submitted and find a resolution for you.

And if you have not already provided the 17 digit Steam ID associated with the account then I would add that information to your ticket.

[TRA]
Players
14 posts
5,606 battles

I've already messaged both with regards to it. Same rubbish has been provided. I've now given up and used my business email and had to explain to my boss what the emails are about in order to complete the account deletion. Be really funny in WG now start spamming my workplace emails with marketing bull.

Matter should now be resolved after nearly a month if not more of PM's and tickets.

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,334 posts
3,838 battles
On 5/23/2020 at 10:21 PM, PadawanUK said:

I've already messaged both with regards to it. Same rubbish has been provided. I've now given up and used my business email and had to explain to my boss what the emails are about in order to complete the account deletion. Be really funny in WG now start spamming my workplace emails with marketing bull.

Matter should now be resolved after nearly a month if not more of PM's and tickets.

Sorry that you had trouble with the process, but creating a throwaway anonymous email address for this purpose should have been quite easy. Unfortunately having a valid email address is the only way we can process these kind of requests from a technical standpoint.

Sign in to follow this