You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Andrewbassg

Wait... it is possible to have clanmate(s) on the opposing side?!?

62 comments in this topic

[OZYR]
[OZYR]
Players
719 posts
14,557 battles

I just  had a random battle in which I had a clanmate on the opposite side. How can be something like that possible?!? I always assumed that MM will not allow something like this.For actually MANY and quite obvious reasons reasons. So whats up with that?!?

1819539940_MMbugedit.thumb.png.10e3ebbf7bb8a62f22c52859813363f0.png

• Cool 1
  • Funny 8
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,110 posts
5,480 battles

Entirely possible unless you're playing co op.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,745 posts
21,161 battles

What will blow your top, is that some clans try to time their divisions so they drop into the same battle. If they get on the same side the enemy team is screwed because of coordination. If they land on opposite sides they often don't shoot each other or even throw on purpose.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[PUPSI]
Privateer
11,650 posts
21 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

How can be something like that possible?

how  can someone have nearly 9k without never noticing this??

• Cool 7

[OZYR]
[OZYR]
Players
719 posts
14,557 battles

18 minutes ago, lafeel said:

Low and behold....

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,110 posts
5,480 battles
3 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

Low and behold....

What is that supposed to mean exactly?

[OZYR]
[OZYR]
Players
719 posts
14,557 battles
5 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

What will blow your top, is that some clans try to time their divisions so they drop into the same battle. If they get on the same side the enemy team is screwed because of coordination. If they land on opposite sides they often don't shoot each other or even throw on purpose.

That's utterly ridiculous.  Weegee.....

[OZYR]
[OZYR]
Players
719 posts
14,557 battles
1 minute ago, lafeel said:

What is that supposed to mean exactly?

I'm still in disbelief....

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,110 posts
5,480 battles
14 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

I'm still in disbelief....

Mercifully most clans don't go and cheat, and if you catch them doing so, you should report them to CS.

• Cool 1

[OZYR]
[OZYR]
Players
719 posts
14,557 battles
6 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

how  can someone have nearly 9k without never noticing this??

That's a good question. I assumed that something like this just isn't possible. I'm not a gamer per se,  I like things naval. MANY things that are part of the gamer(s)( culture were unfamiliar to me. So... I kinda ALWAYS assumed that MM  will not allow something like this. I mean..... WTF?!?  

Also the last 4-5 years were VERY rough to me, a LOT have happened around  and..I needed a break  from everything so....  I started to play, around the end of Sept and I get hooked. But MANY things which are kinda unwritten laws of this part of the world are news to me:).

And to be honest even now I wouldn't  have noticed it, if a guy from the reds weren't raging about my clan. Then I started to question him and THEN I saw and say WUT?!? WTF?!?

[OZYR]
[OZYR]
Players
719 posts
14,557 battles
10 minutes ago, lafeel said:

Mercifully most clans don't go and cheat, and if you catch them doing so, you should report them to CS.

This is still an utter bs. Implementing a filter in the MM should be an easy and straightforward task. I mean its a simple Y/N state, its NOT rocket science... 

• Cool 1

[OZYR]
[OZYR]
Players
719 posts
14,557 battles
2 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

And why would WG bother with that?

I don't' know.... I''m past the initial "shock" now....

[OZYR]
[OZYR]
Players
719 posts
14,557 battles
6 hours ago, lossi_2018 said:

sometimes it's better to not know :)

Oh yeah ignorance can be such a bliss :) edited*

Edit: No politics please

• Funny 1

[NECRO]
Players
1,706 posts
Vor 1 Stunde, Andrewbassg sagte:

I just  had a random battle in which I had a clanmate on the opposite side. How can be something like that possible?!? I always assumed that MM will not allow something like this.For actually MANY and quite obvious reasons reasons. So whats up with that?!?

This was my very first ranked battle... :Smile_hiding:

hh.jpg

• Funny 3

[OZYR]
[OZYR]
Players
719 posts
14,557 battles
4 minutes ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

This was my very first ranked battle... :Smile_hiding:

hh.jpg

Copy that....

[JRM]
Players
7,032 posts
2 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Don't worry. In April 2018 a WG dev stated they fixed it. It aged like milk.

This however doesnt make sense as it was officially stated by WG (and at several occasions at that) that they consider "counting in" ok and only straight and obvious cheating is sanctioned on a case to case basis...

That said I dont like counting in that much myself

[ONE2]
Players
3,114 posts
23,078 battles
1 hour ago, Andrewbassg said:

Of course it is lad, why the heck not? I had the dubious honor of witnessing my Division mate sink our Clan Leader in a heated torp duel just the other week, when his division ended up in the opposing team (our team won in the end but it was a close call, phew). Fun times. :cap_like::fish_boom::Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
2,991 posts
17,341 battles
3 hours ago, lafeel said:

And operations. But that's just cherry picking :cap_tea:

Players
1,877 posts
19,380 battles

It does happen from time to time you will find clan mates on the enemy team, sometimes even randomly on the same team. 

Also every now and then we get threads started here by people saying that clanmates avoid shooting each other in randoms thankfully it's a rare issue, I think most of us here know what fun it is to try and kill our clan leader.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

Beta Tester
3,218 posts
3,715 battles
4 hours ago, Aragathor said:

What will blow your top, is that some clans try to time their divisions so they drop into the same battle...

...If they land on opposite sides they often don't shoot each other or even throw on purpose.

That sucks. Totally against the idea of the game and in clear violation of the common rules of fair play. Why, If I happened to see my clanmate on the opposite team, I'd make it a point of honour to sink him - and he'd do the same for me!*  :Smile_honoring:

* In fact, he did do the same for me the first time we ever played WoWs together,  when we were in the same team and all. It was a stray torpedo from second line,  and the very first he ever launched, so I blamed it on his complete disregard for safety measures youth and inexperience.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[R3B3L]
Players
1,020 posts
30,855 battles
6 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

I just  had a random battle in which I had a clanmate on the opposite side.

Well i even had that in ranked.

Came home, jumped into game and there was one clan-mate on my team and another on the enemy team.

20k people online and three guys from our clan end up in the same match of 14 players.

And there was no 3-2-1-click, i didn´t even have discord on because of the ranked is solo-play only.