You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ItsJustAFleshWound

tier 7 and tier 8 premiums for credit farming.

66 comments in this topic

Players
108 posts
1,045 battles

Ok, two questions here:

1) What's the best tier 7 premium for credit farming?

2) What's the best tier 8 premium for credit farming?

Btw this is out of all the ships that are available right now.

(I also know that there really is no "best" but what would you say is the most competitive?)

Players
1,881 posts
8,193 battles

tier8: there is Roma + Kobayashi camo, very expensive to buy.

Otherwise Massachusetts.

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles

T7: Ashitaka with Kobayashi camo

T8: Roma or Kii with Kobayashi camo

As an aside, if you haven't already, getting a premium account is a better investment.

• Cool 2

[BBMM]
Players
6,368 posts
8,552 battles

The best or the easiest? I'd say take KAGA. :Smile_hiding:

(yes I know go to Gulag)

• Funny 4

[-TPF-]
Players
4,236 posts
17,705 battles

Whichever premium ship you enjoy playing and are good at. There's no ship with an economic modifier which scores higher than good performance. 

• Cool 3

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,113 posts
5,488 battles
1 hour ago, ItsJustAFleshWound said:

Is Hood a good premium?

I love her but wouldn't rate her above average tbh.

• Cool 2

Players
6,058 posts
12,082 battles

Tier 7, I dunno. I seem to have good luck with the Atlanta but imo if you want to go for credits, tier 8 (and 9) are where it's at :Smile_coin:

I've had good luck with Cossack btw for tier 8, but DD is not the easiest class to play.

• Cool 1

Players
1,672 posts
11,699 battles

Credit income is based on damage dealt. So use a ship you are comfortable with and that deals a lot of damage. Many BBs are not good for this, especially at lower or mid tiers, because there aren't too often high damage games. But then again, WG removed the cap for how many flags you can equip, so slap everything on your ship and a credits camo and you'll be rich in no time. Sweet spot to farm credits is t9 though, IMO.

• Cool 2

[SM0KE]
Players
6,168 posts
14,670 battles
4 hours ago, ItsJustAFleshWound said:

I also know that there really is no "best" but what would you say is the most competitive?

For each tier, it's the ships you can do the most damage with (as @ThePurpleSmurf says), and - more specifically - the most damage as a proportion of the target's total hp.

Whatever you get needs to be fun for you to play too; to make the most of a premium, you need to play it. A lot.

Because your stats are hidden, we can't offer specific advice based on your numbers. Some general pointers:

• If you're feeling wealthy, anything with a Kobayashi cammo has great earning potential; unfortunately, unless I've forgotten something, they're all BBs.
  • DDs: Haida and Z-39 are good choices at T7; for T8, Cossack is excellent (if you avoid the CVs), and Loyang is always good value.
  • Cruisers I'm less qualified to comment on, but Boise/NdJ is worthwhile (or was before the IFHE changes) at T7; for T8, there is quite a lot of choice, but I still think Atago is excellent, and the new Buggration is looking distinctly promising (mainly because both of those have heals).
  • For BBs, see above, although Tirpitz and MA are also excellent (both T8); Scharn has its fans, but perhaps not the best choice for Randoms.
  • CVs avoid, unless you're a meister - they have the toughest economy at the moment, so you have to be good to make serious silver.

A final note: you want something with a good (and suitably specced) captain available too, as that increases your chances of performing well, which counts against the smaller nations' ships (Haida, NdJ etc.), and anything that needs a weird captain build....

• Cool 1

[BBMM]
Players
6,368 posts
8,552 battles
4 hours ago, ItsJustAFleshWound said:

Is Hood a good premium?

I love Hood but if it gets uptiered you are in the.... (lotsa smelly brown stuff). 

If you can exploit some of the things it does well, yeah then it is good. 

However this means you have to be good, and be lucky to get the right opportunity. 

What you'd want is some ship that is always able to do OK.

What you want is some sort of clone of a ship you like and do good in.

Since your stats are hidden there's really no way to tell. 

Watch which ships are annoying as hell so must be good, I always say. 

But depends if you like them / are any good with that class most of all. 

They could give me the most OP DD and I'd still suck heaps, hate it and make bad money. 

Give me a slow, fat BB anyday. 

• Cool 1

[SHAD]
Players
2,940 posts
12,673 battles

I think Hood is a very good premium but most CCs think it’s terrible. This combined with current tier 7 matchmaking, makes it hard to recommend.

I really enjoy the Vanguard if you are looking for a Brit. 

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
7,036 posts
8 hours ago, ItsJustAFleshWound said:

Ok, two questions here:

(I also know that there really is no "best" but what would you say is the most competitive?)

If you are asking as per ship to ship basis for most cash per same amount of damage its this:

8 hours ago, Bunny_Lover_Kallen said:

T7: Ashitaka with Kobayashi camo

T8: Roma or Kii with Kobayashi camo

As an aside, if you haven't already, getting a premium account is a better investment.

Otherwise just get a T9 fremium as the prem ships + prem account + kobayashi camo is a rather expensive proposition...

Players
10,209 posts
11,990 battles
8 hours ago, ItsJustAFleshWound said:

Ok, two questions here:

The best premium ship for credit farming is the one you perform the most consistently with. No point of suggesting "Cossack gud bote" if you can't make DDs work.

Also, no point of buying premiums of these tiers unless you just want the ship, as Tier 7 lost golden matchmaking quite long time ago and is notoriously uptiered. Narai Operation had economy rewards nerfed as well. Similar story with tier 8, uptiering will be name of the game most of the time.

• Cool 1

Players
6 posts
13,356 battles

The Prinz Eugen (T8 german cruiser) can mount an Adler camo with +10% credits earned (3,000 doubloons on top of the Prinz Eugen). Not as good as Kobayashi camo but it might be in alternative if you like cruisers and / or have already a good german captain to put on.

There will be a dockyard event soon for the Graf Spee (T6 german cruiser) and Odin (t8 german BB). You can get the Graf Spee for free but the Odin will cost you at least 3,500 doubloons (if you finish all required directives). This way you don't have to spend much money / doubloons and can save up for something else.

• Cool 1

[BRITS]
Beta Tester
384 posts
7,995 battles

Kii+Kobayashi camo or just go tier 9 Georgia, maybe even Alaska.  Both Georgia (has secondaries and heals as Massa, however, far better accuracy and speed boost) and Alaska are tier 9.5 in terms of how good they are.

[GEUS]
[GEUS]
Players
335 posts
11,137 battles

Spend some coal and you can get the Blyskawica for free. Not sure if it's the best premium, but it's the cheapest of the T7 premiums :P

[_OC_]
Players
91 posts
1,301 battles

As mentioned, any ship with the Kobayashi camo is a solid earner. However, as far as I know there are only 3, the Ashitaka, Roma and Kii and they are all BBs and all feast or famine ships, as far my experience with them goes.  The Ashitaka is a solid shooter but pretty squishy and the tier 7 MM isn't so kind to it. I'd look at the tier 8s for money making. However, the tier 8 BBs Roma and Kii both have seriously bad sigma, which makes them feel inconsistent. I seem to do best in ships where I know my shots will hit what I aim at, so my performance comes down to my tactical decisions and whether or not the enemy outplays me (and I have a lot to learn!) but Kii and Roma, with their inconsistency, can undo your hard work. You may put yourself in a perfect position, line up your shot and lead it perfectly, only to have all of your shells dunk in the sea around your target. Kii has torps for burst damage and they are in a relatively well-protected part of the ship compared to say, Tirpitz torps, but in such a big old beast of a ship, getting in close enough to use them can be risky.

Hence, I find these to be feast or famine ships. Roma especially, I find infuriating to play, but strangely enjoyable too. Roma is the kind of ship where a Monarch comes around an island broadside at 6km range, guns pointing the wrong way and you fire all of your guns at her broadside and get a few overpens and a bunch of missed shots. Other times, you'll hit a Yamato under the front turret at max range for a double cit. Roma will troll the hell out of you. 

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
8 hours ago, Yedwy said:

If you are asking as per ship to ship basis for most cash per same amount of damage its this:

Otherwise just get a T9 fremium as the prem ships + prem account + kobayashi camo is a rather expensive proposition...

This. Also because Alaska is a good bit more consistent in producing results than Kii, Roma and Ashitaka.

[SINT]
Players
981 posts
21,778 battles

For now, and I mean really now is Bagration. It’s a solid T8 cruiser. T8 is more fun now the before since T7 feels the pain of being uptiered. It has a heal so that’s another setback gone. And you now can atleast profit from still 3 weeks of bonus missions worth 630 tokens. These can turned into cash directly or atleast an extra perm camo for the new Russian cruiser line.

And as a bonus you get triple xp until 11 June without limitations..

You can get the same perks with the Ochakov but she is way less solid imo

[BBMM]
Players
6,368 posts
8,552 battles
18 minutes ago, Bunny_Lover_Kallen said:

This. Also because Alaska is a good bit more consistent in producing results than Kii, Roma and Ashitaka.

If Freemiums are Ok yes then this. To me: One of the hardest to kill, most annoying, so probably quite good.

Which is how I usually pick a good ship...  :Smile_teethhappy:

Players
7,233 posts
245 battles
31 minutes ago, HentaiVeteran said:

How are tier 8 Destroyers?

I'm considering buying one these ships Atlanta, Bayard, and Friesland

Bayard would probs be your best bet, then friesland, i wouldn't even bother with atlanta she is pretty bad atm, especially against non cruisers and i think the IFHE changes made her HE shells worse.

I mean you can buy her, but i would go for bayard.

• Cool 2