YabbaCoe

PT 0.9.5 - Updates to Combat Missions

16 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff
4,648 posts
4,418 battles

Captains!

The combat mission interface has been improved.

Added combat missions with an "or" condition. In such missions, one of the two conditions needs to be fulfilled in order to get the reward. Example: earn 10,000 Base XP "or" destroy 10 enemy ships. Thus, players will be able to choose which of the conditions they prefer, and fulfill the requirement playing suitable ships.

WG_SPB_WoWs_screenshots_Combat_EN_1_1920x1080.jpg

WG_SPB_WoWs_screenshots_Combat_EN_3_1920x1080.jpg

Changed how combat missions are displayed on the post-battle statistics screen.

WG_SPB_WoWs_screenshots_Combat_EN_2_1920x1080.jpg

[OZYR]
[OZYR]
Players
719 posts
14,597 battles

Well overall I kinda like the idea. BUT I have noted several issues. First it is VERY cramped looking..  I understand the need to fit them all in one screen BUT scroll is an option, right? The text is VERY VERY small and overall confusing. And there are no highlights in it. See what I mean ? Think about people in different age groups AND various technical possibilities. NOT all people have wide or multiple screen setups. Some play on laptops!!.  Well not me:) but that's not the point. Also you have to think about people with various medical conditions. Like those with eye related issues. Looking at those tiny texts...not good. At all. The previous iteration was MUCH better in that regard. Again see my point? I know that  the devs  have to balance various issues for various...reasons... but this is a MAJOR issue on the same level as various technical bugs.

Edit: The font size should be at least on the same level as on the site!

• Cool 1

[OZYR]
[OZYR]
Players
719 posts
14,597 battles

I have to follow up on the interface, the connection  with OR condition should be MUCH more obvious.

Players
492 posts
16,802 battles

The new interface broadly improves on the old one, but there is still room for improvement. For example, look at this chain of missions: completed missions and locked missions look almost identical. How about a gold border or highlight on completed missions to make it obvious that they're put to bed?shot-20_05.21_23_15.29-0963.thumb.jpg.e514ca723e56e824c9b5fcbfbf3dc021.jpg

[OZYR]
[OZYR]
Players
719 posts
14,597 battles

Actually the more I use the '"updated" version, the more convoluted and confusing it seems. It is WAY worse than it was. Functionality wise is NOT good. At all. Sorry.

Edit: Contains TOO much information with not enough delimitations. I understand that resource wise is less consuming buut....Its just NOT GOOD.

[LUSOS]
Players
341 posts
20,135 battles

I hate the moidifications to Combat Missions tab. Old one was simpler and easier to understand. Why do you change what is good and not address your time correcting bugs????

Players
842 posts
12,105 battles

1) When i complete leftover missions on sub-directives that i have already finished, the post battle results screen shows the final directive reward once again. This is very confusing. For example, i did a quick cruiser round in coop after having finished directives 1 through 3 in battleships only. I got all 3 directive reward symbols again, but without any additional reward of course.

2) You should add an option to completely suppress the display of missions that have been finished already instead of just marking them as "finished", but leaving them on display in the menu. It would add quite a bit to clarity. This could be done by a simple checkbox in the combat missions menu so that players may switch between both views within a second, thus also adding some easy means of comparison.

3) You should make the missions' appearance more unique and easier to recognize, for example with proper mission names and background artwork. Again, you could make these optional with a checkbox. I'm especially missing the mission names in both the mission overview tab and the post battle results screen. They allowed for a quick check "Alright, mission X has a green check mark next to it, i have finished it, great!".

• Cool 2

[OZYR]
[OZYR]
Players
719 posts
14,597 battles

My opinion has not changed. In fact the more I use more the flaws became apparent. It is a VERY bad move. The conditions of the missions are VERY small almost unreadable and the icon based approach.... just who come up with that?!?  Its .. how to put it.... lol I will not name it.

[GLOBS]
[GLOBS]
Players
260 posts
16,318 battles

Having  Played through all the missions and had fun discussions with my Stream . we are in general looking forward to reworked Combat Missions Tab . ok it will take some time to get to grips with the new icons and how it works .  but I must say the font is a little small . it would be easier on the Captains Eyes if it were a little Bigger .  this Size is nice . 

the Dockyard seams to work seamlessly and as usual the Art Dept have outdone them selves again  ( Art Dept You Rock )  the cinematic's are well done . 

we all just hope and pray the missions when they go live are No Where near the same Grind Fest as the " Other one"   . . .    at Christmas .  they were Far too hard for the Average Captain .  and now as the lock down around the world is slowly being lifted most of the Captains will be returning to work and will not have the time to have Fun with them . 

the flood a Japanese or Pan Asian Ship 11 times mission was  excessive  for the PTS but should be fine for the live server . ( if you keep this value )  finding a Japanese ship was hard  let along getting a flood . . .

I didn't find any bugs .  as I said above the Size of the letters in the Combat Missions is a little small and hard to read  ( I ain't as Young as I used to be ) so a larger text would be lovely . 

Otherwise . Looking forward to 9.5 .  :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 2

[NSVE]
Players
72 posts
13,251 battles
9 hours ago, gmomkey said:

the flood a Japanese or Pan Asian Ship 11 times mission was  excessive  for the PTS but should be fine for the live server . ( if you keep this value )  finding a Japanese ship was hard  let along getting a flood

Totally agree - particularly with the "finding a Japanese or Pan Asian" Ship aspect. I ended up starting the Game and then if no Jap or Pan ships just YOLOing and colliding with the first enemy ship I could find, particularly when it was a heavy  BOT Battle.

IMO you really need to reconsider this for in the Live server (I do not agree that it should be fine for the live server), as it does not 'Encourage' play because you cannot impact the nations selected by MM, (for example if the requirement is Damage BB's with CV - This you can work on by playing with friends in divisions - A good thing for your player numbers). But not being able to locate or get into battles where the target ship even appear is very frustrating and just irritates; This is made worse by the fact that you can only then hit these ships with torps and trust to RNG. 

In fact I think it actively discourages good play (and you see this a lot with kill nation x missions that you put forward in the past) because everyone just goes after those ships. 

I would not (and have not in the past) actively played towards missions of this type on the Live server unless the reward was Exceptional.  

• Cool 1

Players
492 posts
16,802 battles

The mission icons on the post-battle screen have been improved for Round 2 of PTS by making the appearance of completed missions very distinct from missions in progress. I hope that the Combat Missions screen in port will be similarly improved before release.

[EUTF]
Players
187 posts
6,413 battles

After the 2nd pts test the overall impression is really good and hopefully before release things can improve more and thank you for fixing the ui scale for some monitors and i dont have to throw mine to a trash can.

The only thing i can see adjusting is add on the active mission a yellow/gold instead of the white line you have now cause white is too soft on the eye to see it and most of the time you dont see which is your current mission active.

Also i see that the daily rewards for getting xp are change alot.
On pts the xp goes 200-300-400-500-600-800xp - Some conditions are change, some dont require anymore a win which is good but rewards are got scaled down for example coal is only 200 now and you cant get 400 if you played more.
Maybe thats for PTS only - maybe not :Smile_popcorn:

Overall good changes

[TNNC]
Players
24 posts
8,354 battles

love the new layout on mission. more fun to play mission. even if it took a litle time before I understod it. how it was. but I miss that there are no list of what you got won. like it was before. now you get almost nothing more then heroprice on the same way you could see earlyer.