YabbaCoe

PT 0.9.5 - General Feedback

61 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff
4,646 posts
4,418 battles

WG_SPB_WoWS_Preview_095_Public_Test_1920x460.jpg

Commanders, welcome to the Public Test of Update 0.9.5!

We're rolling out the Dockyard, updated combat missions, and a revamped Armory, as well as other changes. Take a look through the Developer Bulletin, and welcome to the test!

Round 2 Schedule

Starts: Thursday 28th May 18:30 CEST (UTC+2)

Ends: Tuesday 2nd June 10:30 CEST (UTC+2)

Special Features of the Test

The Armory will be stocked with the following bundles for testing:

• Random bundles with Soviet Tokens, available in exchange for doubloons.
  • Bundles with flag_USA_dd9fc06d19a8638f4077ab2fe200d22premium_1d0cabf1997104fd727039ab9c098192V Texas, flag_USA_dd9fc06d19a8638f4077ab2fe200d22premium_1114542bcd311c388080eea3a4d54a7eV Marblehead, and flag_Russia_6ce701e1c2f2ac3909a68a0a7b23premium_1d0cabf1997104fd727039ab9c098192V Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya, all available for Soviet Tokens. These bundles are opened in sequential order.

The Public Test server also features six Daily Missions that will be updated every day.

Spring Season #3

Deal 1,000,000 damage playing an aircraft carrier or destroyer.
OR
Deal 1,500,000 damage playing a battleship or cruiser.

Reward on the live server: 3x each of the following camouflage patterns: Awarded, Trophy, Deserved, and Triumphant.

The mission can be completed only once, playing Tier VIII–X ships in Random Battles.

[FR77]
Players
4 posts
7,177 battles

Hi,

How come the public test is now forcing me to put the game center on, even though the wording is "should be installed" not "must be". is this a mandatory thing going forward now?

Thanks

[GURKA]
Players
149 posts
15,729 battles

Problem in connecting into Public Test.
Answer yes and get email and password questions yet even after correct email and password I get error image.png.56b090c6e8ed09125957489996e0be2b.png

Solution to this bollocks !!! Click on image.png.06f6e2f49555a8fa6555d2aa83d6b201.png in games folder and created desktop shortcut.

No problems connecting to PT by doing this. Problems has only occurred since PT merged into WG centre

explorer_2020-05-21_18-38-24.jpg

wgc_2020-05-21_18-38-55.jpg

image.png

[OZYR]
[OZYR]
Players
719 posts
14,587 battles

I encountered something odd...or maybe it is intended this way. After my first battle I was asked to service the ship. :) This is an intended behaviour? 

Edit: Nevermind it was only once.....

Players
1,884 posts
19,418 battles

I was surprised to see such a dramatic change to how combat missions are displayed in port as well as how progress is displayed in the post battle results. Im sure I will get used to it but why was it necessary to make such an ugly and cumbersome display it honestly seems like a step back 

test results.PNG

• Cool 6

[OZYR]
[OZYR]
Players
719 posts
14,587 battles
1 hour ago, lovelacebeer said:

I was surprised to see such a dramatic change to how combat missions are displayed in port as well as how progress is displayed in the post battle results. Im sure I will get used to it but why was it necessary to make such an ugly and cumbersome display it honestly seems like a step back 

test results.PNG

I agree. It is a plus strain on those who are older or have medical conditions or play on laptops. Its NOT a wise move. At all

Also I VERY much miss the award  "section", in that one could look up what was given and for what.

• Cool 3

[_BFA_]
Alpha Tester
5 posts
4,419 battles

Am I mistaken but shouldn't the Marblehead Lima from the Armory (Soviet Tokens) be the ship that can be used to complete the "Win a battle" chain of missions?

[OZYR]
[OZYR]
Players
719 posts
14,587 battles
54 minutes ago, Darkmm said:

Am I mistaken but shouldn't the Marblehead Lima from the Armory (Soviet Tokens) be the ship that can be used to complete the "Win a battle" chain of missions?

You need 4 wins if I'm not mistaken. So its NOT necessary, if you have the others. I already had The Okta and the Charleston so I had to get the Texas and the Oleg.

Players
422 posts

WELL DONE WG OVER 6 HOURS INSTALLING PTS.

Well again we have a late in the day start for the PTS  this dose not include the now 6 hours plus installing of the test updates, well i lost track after the 6 hr.

WTF! why dose it take so long for your updates to install, other game only take a few minutes, I've just loaded a new game 30+ GB with extensive updates 20+ GB and it took just under 20 minutes a big difference to your 6 hrs plus 

If you expect us to wait over 6 hrs and then wait for the long battle loads think again if you're wondering why there's less players we can't waste our time waiting for stuff to load with bugs added.

[OZYR]
[OZYR]
Players
719 posts
14,587 battles
1 minute ago, Jessa_Doom said:

WELL DONE WG OVER 6 HOURS INSTALLING PTS.

Well again we have a late in the day start for the PTS  this dose not include the now 6 hours plus installing of the test updates, well i lost track after the 6 hr.

WTF! why dose it take so long for your updates to install, other game only take a few minutes, I've just loaded a new game 30+ GB with extensive updates 20+ GB and it took just under 20 minutes a big difference to your 6 hrs plus 

If you expect us to wait over 6 hrs and then wait for the long battle loads think again if you're wondering why there's less players we can't waste our time waiting for stuff to load with bugs added.

Aaaa....  I think you need to enable in the game center settings the download speed. At default is 128Kb/s. U have to put it at "Unlimited". 

• Cool 1

Players
422 posts
4 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

Aaaa....  I think you need to enable in the game center settings the download speed. At default is 128Kb/s. U have to put it at "Unlimited". 

IT WAS, 6hrs 47minuts loading five minutes shorter then last time.

Any way what a waste of time no Russian ships in the Armoury for the Russian tokens, the test was about Russian CA's, WG screwed us again.

• Angry 1

[OZYR]
[OZYR]
Players
719 posts
14,587 battles
5 minutes ago, Jessa_Doom said:

IT WAS, 6hrs 47minuts loading five minutes shorter then last time.

Wow. Sorry to hear that....

[LSCA]
Players
1,301 posts
11,308 battles
2 hours ago, Jessa_Doom said:

IT WAS

what about upload speed? if you enable  No uploading then download speed decrease allot

[FR77]
Players
4 posts
7,177 battles
15 hours ago, _BigRed__ said:

Answer yes and get email and password questions yet even after correct email and password I get error image.png.56b090c6e8ed09125957489996e0be2b.png

Solution to this bollocks !!! Click on image.png.06f6e2f49555a8fa6555d2aa83d6b201.png in games folder and created desktop shortcut.

No problems connecting to PT by doing this. Problems has only occurred since PT merged into WG centre

Well this is crap then. So I can play WoW PT if I use the WoW exe, but I can't update it as its forcing me to install Game Center!

Screw that!

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,544 posts
9,551 battles
7 minutes ago, RatInstinct said:

Well this is crap then. So I can play WoW PT if I use the WoW exe, but I can't update it as its forcing me to install Game Center!

Screw that!

Seriously though, what's with all the whining about game center ffs.

WG Staff
1,598 posts
854 battles
16 hours ago, _BigRed__ said:

explorer_2020-05-21_18-38-24.jpg

wgc_2020-05-21_18-38-55.jpg

image.png

Hi Captain, 

Do you have a PT account? Because you cannot access to the Public Test Server trough your main account credentials. To create a Public Test account is very simple, you can follow this simple guide if you want https://worldofwarships.eu/en/content/pt-guide/. If you want the PT rewards to be credited on your main account, please remember to use the same email while registering.

[N-V-C]
Players
15 posts
3,004 battles
16 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

Also I VERY much miss the award  "section", in that one could look up what was given and for what. 

Agree

But instead I like the new missions representation.

[GURKA]
Players
149 posts
15,729 battles
3 hours ago, TheWarJaC said:

Hi Captain, 

Do you have a PT account? Because you cannot access to the Public Test Server trough your main account credentials. To create a Public Test account is very simple, you can follow this simple guide if you want https://worldofwarships.eu/en/content/pt-guide/. If you want the PT rewards to be credited on your main account, please remember to use the same email while registering.

Euh ,yes I have a PT account with the same email address and have done so for the last couple of years with out any problems. Problem is that I can't get the PT to work if I go via the Game centre. The merger into game centre only happen this week.
image.png.7e79b1fc9ef34ff6ec779c8f68aaa492.png

gives me this

image.png.157a4ab4b2f8e8121cc75a5152cc6911.png

Why would I want to change account if the same email is used for both "games"? I don not want to change region neither ...EU

image.png.8aa4db0cac563b3fe91cf2660e0496b2.png

Remember,,, this is feedback of PT ! I cannot connect via WG center...;OK !!!! The only difference maybe that the two accounts have different passwords for the same email address and use different in game names.

Players
422 posts

Hi All.

WG has done it again an event on certain ship that are not in the game or the shop and they expect us to play test those ship that are not there.

Why is there no Russian Cruisers of mid to high tiers in the Russian event, there are 2 German ships in the dockyard "NOT RUSSIAN", French, USA, British, in the Armoury, and not forgetting the one Tier III Russian not worth to effort to buy.

We are getting Russian tokens for what, no Russian heavy/light Cruisers to spend them on.

This test is NOT or has very little of anything too do with RUSSIAN Cruisers, the so called Cruisers that this test is all about are not in the premium shop and as far as i know are still in the DEV/CC testing stage and not on public release yet.   

No new Russian ships no testing them we will get crap and anyone getting Da jar-vue on the Dockyard when it get released like the puerto rico cluster-F**k over Xmas.  

• Bad 1

Players
1,884 posts
19,418 battles

Hi All.

WG has done it again an event on certain ship that are not in the game or the shop and they expect us to play test those ship that are not there.

Why is there no Russian Cruisers of mid to high tiers in the Russian event, there are 2 German ships in the dockyard "NOT RUSSIAN", French, USA, British, in the Armoury, and not forgetting the one Tier III Russian not worth to effort to buy.

We are getting Russian tokens for what, no Russian heavy/light Cruisers to spend them on.

This test is NOT or has very little of anything too do with RUSSIAN Cruisers, the so called Cruisers that this test is all about are not in the premium shop and as far as i know are still in the DEV/CC testing stage and not on public release yet.   

No new Russian ships no testing them we will get crap and anyone getting Da jar-vue on the Dockyard when it get released like the puerto rico cluster-F**k over Xmas.  

We have never got early access on the PTS to the new lines of ships coming out, it's always been the case we get to experience a very simplified version of grind to see if the token currency of the month is working or not. 

Also yes the Dockyard event is feeling very familiar although we will have to wait and see how extreme the grind actually is as the PTS values cannot be trusted.

[LUSOS]
Players
341 posts
20,135 battles

Hi All.

Are you new to this? For a long time that Server Test has nothing to do with testng the new ships.

[PANEU]
Players
1,021 posts
3,054 battles

One question guys. What do I have to do to get the spring season 3 mission. I can't see anything and the new mission overlay is rather confusing. Any help is appreciated. Aixin<-dump lol

[PUPSI]
Privateer
11,666 posts
3 minutes ago, Aixin said:

What do I have to do to get the spring season 3 mission.

nothing, it should be there right from the start

[PANEU]
Players
1,021 posts
3,054 battles
Vor 18 Minuten, Klopirat sagte:

nothing, it should be there right from the start

Hmm weird. Is it this score 1.5mill damage with bbs and cruisers or 1 mill with cv and dd?