Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Weekly Combat Missions: the Hunt for Bismarck

25 comments in this topic

Players
794 posts
11,206 battles

For a moment I thought the Artillery Practice missions were a new addition.

Then I noticed they started on Thursday.

Then I also checked the client, and that's the name of the current Challenges.

Oh well. At least there is something offered for those who can benefit, i.e. newer players.

Players
487 posts
2,304 battles

sorry, but this is adding insult to injury:

" The Soviet Cruisers event continues. Get Soviet Tokens for the first seven victories playing the new Soviet cruisers: 15 Tokens for each victory playing flag_Russia_6ce701e1c2f2ac3909a68a0a7b23premium_1114542bcd311c388080eea3a4d54a7eV Mikoyan, and 30 Tokens for each victory playing flag_Russia_6ce701e1c2f2ac3909a68a0a7b23premium_1114542bcd311c388080eea3a4d54a7eVIII Pyotr Bagration and flag_Russia_6ce701e1c2f2ac3909a68a0a7b23premium_1114542bcd311c388080eea3a4d54a7eVIII Ochakov. This way, you can additionally earn up to 525 Tokens. "

I have so for received under 10 tokens per container in average...

Basically giving tokens away to people who just buy what they want anyway.

• Cool 4

[OZYR]
[OZYR]
Players
549 posts
8,897 battles

Maybe I'm missing something but... what I supposed to do in order to kickstart the collection?.I didn't have ANY such mission OR in case that they are daily missions I didn't received ANY such container.

[PUPSI]
Privateer
10,008 posts
1 minute ago, Andrewbassg said:

Maybe I'm missing something but... what I supposed to do in order to kickstart the collection?.I didn't have ANY such mission OR in case that they are daily missions I didn't received ANY such container.

Starts: Fri. 22 May 07:00 CEST (UTC+2) / your local time: Fri. 22 May 07:00

[OZYR]
[OZYR]
Players
549 posts
8,897 battles
Just now, Klopirat said:

Starts: Fri. 22 May 07:00 CEST (UTC+2) / your local time: Fri. 22 May 07:00

Ahhh... Well, thanks for not answering with the well deserved facepalm.

• Funny 1

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
3,180 posts
4,143 battles
37 minutes ago, HassenderZerhacker said:

" The Soviet Cruisers event continues. Get Soviet Tokens for the first seven victories playing the new Soviet cruisers: 15 Tokens for each victory playing flag_Russia_6ce701e1c2f2ac3909a68a0a7b23premium_1114542bcd311c388080eea3a4d54a7eV Mikoyan, and 30 Tokens for each victory playing flag_Russia_6ce701e1c2f2ac3909a68a0a7b23premium_1114542bcd311c388080eea3a4d54a7eVIII Pyotr Bagration and flag_Russia_6ce701e1c2f2ac3909a68a0a7b23premium_1114542bcd311c388080eea3a4d54a7eVIII Ochakov. This way, you can additionally earn up to 525 Tokens. "

Through directives you can get up to 54 containers (I hope I am counting correctly). From daily shipments you will get 6 another containers. Let's say you are superunlucky and in every single one you will get 5 tokens. This will get you 300 tokens you can exchange for Mikoyan. This is the worst case scenario. Plus you can get 50 tokens from reading the articles. If you manage to unlock Mikoyan sooner, you can also get advantage of the Challenge mission, that gives 15 tokens for every win, seven times in a week.

Yet those, that want to spend doubloons can buy random bundles or buy a Bagration or Ochakov knowing, that there is that mission, which is basically one of the benefits of purchasing those ships.

[HART]
[HART]
Players
4 posts
1 hour ago, HassenderZerhacker said:

You are not alone HassenderZerhacker. There are a great many who appear to be having the same amount of 'luck' in obtaining tokens. Then you have the ludicrous situation of having to obtain a further 400 tokens to get a camouflage before you can even start collecting for the next cruiser. I do understand how this can be called an 'early access' At the rate many players are going it will be 2021 before they could collect all the necessary tokens. One thing is certain, there is no way I will be spending doubloons, chasing random bundles in an attempt to make up the difference, I'll simply wait and do a little grinding for them when they enter the line. Early Access? No, its a joke!

• Cool 4

[CAPT]
Players
472 posts
12,219 battles

W.G. offers a discount on a tier III and a tier IV ship but STILL has no missions for them (or any other ship below tier V). Another missed opportunity. :etc_swear:

(I know, I know, W.G. hasn't figured out a way to milk low tier ships for money.):cap_money:

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
3,925 posts
2 hours ago, YabbaCoe said:

Through directives you can get up to 54 containers (I hope I am counting correctly). From daily shipments you will get 6 another containers. Let's say you are superunlucky and in every single one you will get 5 tokens. This will get you 300 tokens you can exchange for Mikoyan. This is the worst case scenario. Plus you can get 50 tokens from reading the articles. If you manage to unlock Mikoyan sooner, you can also get advantage of the Challenge mission, that gives 15 tokens for every win, seven times in a week.

Yet those, that want to spend doubloons can buy random bundles or buy a Bagration or Ochakov knowing, that there is that mission, which is basically one of the benefits of purchasing those ships.

You do realize that you are not making it any better?

This RNG event is extremly frustrating. The spread between lowest and highest reward drop is to massive. The chances for the lowest much to high. I know you will not tell us but I'd guess an 85 % chance for a 5 token drop, which makes your worst case scenario an event likely to happen to some players. If those then don't manage to get all containers this whole event was pointless to them. Luckily you spared us the "but there are other rewards excuse" so far. You know that players want to aim for the ships and not for some signals or a few premium days.

RNG events are simply not fun. That's not new feedback for you. If you calculate with an average drop rate simply provide that average as the reward. Everyone gets the same chance, effort matters, and those who spend extra money get the better rewards as an additional gift. That would be honest. RNG events like this are not. They are a carrot dangled in front of the donkey.

• Cool 9

[DAVA]
Players
21 posts
9,168 battles

Hmmm  Hunt for Bismark,

In real life Bismark and his sister Tirpitz where top of the technology with best accuracy... In the game they have bent cannons, you cann't hit s...t with them.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[R7S]
[R7S]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
254 posts
11,554 battles
36 minutes ago, Un_Dac_Liber said:

Hmmm  Hunt for Bismark,

In real life Bismark and his sister Tirpitz where top of the technology with best accuracy... In the game they have bent cannons, you cann't hit s...t with them.

Accuracy was supposed to be buffed a bit for German BBs some months ago... used to be bad indeed.

3RD TIME at least we have this event about Bismarck Hunt. I'm missing elements from Battle of the North CAPE collection (doubt i'm the only one),  would  WG mind proposing this event a 2ND time ?

Players
487 posts
2,304 battles
3 hours ago, YabbaCoe said:

yes... when the mission is over!

I don't mind grinding a fair bit to at least unlock some of the rewards. I was pretty happy to unlock ARP Myoko and Gorizia, regardless of what people might think about the latter. When I don't have the time because I have to work, I think "oh well, I didn't have the time to do it, fair game". but this isn't.

what's not ok is to receive ridiculously low tokens, having to hunt on twitch and in the news for tokens like a balloon chaser (here in Thailand, expats without money look for bars decorated with balloons, usually meaning there is a birthday celebration with free food).

I don't know why it's necessary to make players feel bad by giving them bad rewards. 5 single use camos that aren't even better than others cost 15 tokens

You have to review your reward system.

Take the RNG out, even the rewards, so that the casual player can unlock the first level of rewards, the grindy type can get the first two (such as I did with my 4 ARP-Kongo clones and the ARP Myoko), and the addict will be able to unlock all.

Make all containers 20 tokens and if you really need it, add some "super-containers" with 100 tokens, super-duper containers with 250, and gazillocontainers with 500 tokens, and don't forget to state the odds for those to happen.

stop to have people hunt around news and in twitch for mission drops, or bonuscodes from CC. it's at first demeaning and then it's a waste of resources, as for twitch I have it running muted on a spare computer while I work. also, since twitch etc. aren't very high on my list of professional priorities, it's also a source of frustration because when I miss the time of the twitch show and couldn't artificially inflate viewer numbers, I feel like I have missed out on tokens and I curse WG for it.

I don't know... I did a few events in WoWs, I liked some of them, the Italian cruisers, the Arpeggio, English cruisers, ok.

I felt the European DD event was a bit frustrating.

This one is just oof.

• Cool 2

Players
102 posts
9 hours ago, YabbaCoe said:

This will get you 300 tokens you can exchange for Mikoyan.

Two problems.

First is Mikoyan, its a T5 Soviet Cruiser that is from before the line splits and thus is utterly pointless as a part of the event as its not a Heavy Cruiser and also its a Premium so there is no way to use it to start the new line.

Second is the drop rate and costs, I am not even allow to save up and just get the Tech Tree Tier VIII as I am forced to buy a camo and Mikoyan before it forcing me to be dependent on both luck as well the Premium store ... people dont like RNG systems but this is piling the RNG system even to the Premium store, its like finding ways to exploit people that leads to a situation were events are more concerned about the event monetization scheme that getting players to participate in said event.

So this event is USELESS for the Soviet Heavy Cruiser line because access is effectively gated behind a pay wall as players have better odds of winning the lottery that actually getting early access to the Soviet Heavy Cruiser line ... unless they buy the Premium ships thats the whole point of the event isnt it?

• Cool 4

[FOG1]
[FOG1]
Players
5 posts

Houston we got a problem!

The Discount-price for Großer Kurfürst and maybe Friedrich der Große dont work.

17.510.000 Credits for GK isnt right! Pls fix it WG!

Support-Ticket is open!

Players
367 posts
5,064 battles

@YabbaCoe

there is issue with bismarck price as well,  it shows 5.5 mil but where is clan bonus?????

i don't see in article that clan bonus not count

Players
3 posts
3,079 battles

Morning.Duno when they're going to start this mission.Currently with my clan discount I can buy the tier 9 German  BB for 13515000 but I'd like to wait for the extra 15%.With the soviet containers I hope I'l be able to get enough tokens to buy the tier 5 cruiser and another thing.Since Ive created this account and got all the BB to tier 8 Ive only received a tier 2 rental ship once but my friends get a rental ship quite often.Oh well lets hope they have'nt forgotten about the Bismarck mission

Players
1,139 posts
2,918 battles
44 minuti fa, gabberworld ha scritto:

@YabbaCoe

there is issue with bismarck price as well,  it shows 5.5 mil but where is clan bonus?????

The clan discount doesn't add to other discount, only the larger discount applies

Cattura.thumb.JPG.4ebc044a310ad913cdb1fd6d9896d7ce.JPG

Players
367 posts
5,064 battles
3 minutes ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

The clan discount doesn't add to other discount, only the lerger discount applies

Cattura.thumb.JPG.4ebc044a310ad913cdb1fd6d9896d7ce.JPG

ok, then that −15% to the cost of flag_Germany_18970d883c7758b53538983bd09standard_01624cacb82f39f77a4e677a7b9fdf4IX Friedrich der Große and flag_Germany_18970d883c7758b53538983bd09standard_01624cacb82f39f77a4e677a7b9fdf4X Großer Kurfürst in credits

is total useless because clan gives self the 15%

• Cool 2

Players
1,139 posts
2,918 battles
1 minuto fa, gabberworld ha scritto:

ok, then that −15% to the cost of flag_Germany_18970d883c7758b53538983bd09standard_01624cacb82f39f77a4e677a7b9fdf4IX Friedrich der Große and flag_Germany_18970d883c7758b53538983bd09standard_01624cacb82f39f77a4e677a7b9fdf4X Großer Kurfürst in credits

is total useless because clan gives self the 15%

Exactly, i consider it mostly intended for those who are not in a Clan or that have a not fully upgraded clan.

• Cool 1

Players
312 posts

If I'm reading this right Clan members get the 15% discount anyway  on T10 as long as the clan is fully loaded??? 

Edited spotted the chart and found information

• Cool 1

[FLTHY]
Players
1 post
2,636 battles

Related to the Bismarck camo, is the historical camo of the Hipper in game? With red colours on the batteries?

Edit: Might be Prinz Eugen or both I see now looking at descriptions on the colour photographs to be found online.

f14aeb6825a703bed2a746f9b450d0cc.jpg

Players
4 posts
101 battles
On 5/21/2020 at 4:22 PM, HassenderZerhacker said:

On the last live stream they were promoting how friendly this event is to free 2 play by saying you can get so many tokens using ships that you can't actually get without paying or spending tokens in the first place. It's sad how desperately they want people to get invested into this meh event so they are more eager to open their wallet when they are just a few tokens off their next reward.

• Cool 1

[-MCD-]
Players
52 posts
7,501 battles
On 5/22/2020 at 8:10 AM, gabberworld said:

@YabbaCoe

Everytime they make offers like this, the Clan bonus doesn't count.

Two weeks ago we had a similar offer on Allied ships, same situation, like four weeks ago on IJN ships. 

:etc_swear:???   No, just get used to it. 

Players
367 posts
5,064 battles
6 hours ago, TWNWA said:

Everytime they make offers like this, the Clan bonus doesn't count.

Two weeks ago we had a similar offer on Allied ships, same situation, like four weeks ago on IJN ships. 

:etc_swear:???   No, just get used to it. 

i dont care

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this