Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
admiralgpt

Why has ranked never been fixed?

23 comments in this topic

[-OOF-]
Players
203 posts

Feedback is given every single season on the forums. The surveys come up, every season - Why are they continually ignored? 

Has anything ever actually changed in previous years?

• Funny 2
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 1

Players
527 posts

Why not articulate your problem? Would have been hard putting less effort and information in a post. Somewhat telling complaining about them ignoring feedback and providing utterly worthless feedback yourself.

For one thing, many people wanted something else than T10 - we got T7.

• Cool 3

Players
15 posts
6,227 battles
15 minutes ago, thisismalacoda said:

For one thing, many people wanted something else than T10 - we got T7.

Not only that, a lot of people complained a lot about arms race and that's gone from this ranked season. 

Players
2,369 posts
20 minutes ago, thisismalacoda said:

many people wanted something else than T10 - we got T7.

How have you enjoyed the games at T7 level?

Do you not find the teams somewhat frustrating (To put it mildly) as if you're teamed up with a bunch of 5 year olds....?

@LateBloomPlays arms race was cool once you understood how it works.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Players
15 posts
6,227 battles
2 minutes ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

Do you not find the teams somewhat frustrating (To put it mildly) as if you're teamed up with a bunch of 5 year olds....?

@LateBloomPlays arms race was cool once you understood how it works.

I enjoy arms race a lot, but there was a lot of negativity coming from the community from it. I was just saying that they do actually take some things into account. 

• Cool 1

Players
527 posts
Vor 1 Minute, Migantium_Mashum sagte:

Don't have (uninterrupted) time before Monday, but given past experience, I'm looking forward to it. Teams can't possibly get worse than what's currently in randoms and tend to be quite okay, once you leave the 11+ bracket behind.

[THESO]
Players
1,267 posts
16,397 battles
35 minutes ago, admiralgpt said:

Feedback is given every single season on the forums. The surveys come up, every season - Why are they continually ignored? 

That would imply that the players providing feedback in the survey share a similar opinion.

I always complain about the "keep your star" rule. I however am sure that most bad players love it. Ranked only makes sense for them, if they can progress and they can only progress thanks to being selfish. So for every good player criticising the rule there are 2 players advocating it and WG logically keeps it.

Or the duell mode we had in Sprint 10. The fairest, least toxic Ranked ever. The best teams ever. I loved it. The guys doing 100 duells probably hated it.

It's not about what is best for the game, it is about the roar from the gutter.

[NKK]
Beta Tester
872 posts
10,611 battles

What do you mean by fix? Is it broken? if so, what is broken?

This is the typical thread that adds NOTHING to the conversation. WOWS has a few problems, but people talk about what that problem is and proposes some ways to maybe solve it.

I'll report this useless thread, something I never do.

• Cool 1

[MIMI]
Beta Tester
770 posts
3,641 battles
8 minutes ago, Itwastuesday said:

Arms race was fun, but this 7 ships thing, not so much. Feels like one moron can lose the game.

I actually really enjoy this season so far. Feels like I have much more influence on whether we win or not, especially in a DD. The one battle I fked up we lost hands down, the three where I did everything right we won. And doing everything right in a DD is actually not so much damage, but capping and spotting...

• Cool 1

Players
1,910 posts

I still stand by my ranked proposals. No starsaving for the top players on the losing team and no premiums.. Would be much better no matter the tier then. 

• Funny 2

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,183 posts
11,264 battles
51 minutes ago, admiralgpt said:

Dear OP,

I actually agree with other here.. 
what is broken? what is there to be fixed for you? 

People complained, "WHY IS EVERYTHING AT TIER 10" here have a tier 7 Ranked season. 

People complained, "ARMS RACE MODE SUCKS" here you have a regular one on domination. 

People complained, "Why epicenter in ranked..." here you have ONLY domination 

People complained, "CVs RUIN RANKED" here you have odd tier ranked without CV.. 

So what is there to fix, and more importantly what do you suggest about "how to fix that" 

Because right now, I agree with the post below, you give nothing, you don't start a conversation, 

you just complain about something only you know for the time being. Lets be more constructive. 

Lets not forget an old saying "If you are only pointing out the problem, you can never be the part of the solution!"

8 minutes ago, valrond said:

What do you mean by fix? Is it broken? if so, what is broken?

This is the typical thread that adds NOTHING to the conversation. WOWS has a few problems, but people talk about what that problem is and proposes some ways to maybe solve it.

I'll report this useless thread, something I never do.

• Cool 1

[NKK]
Beta Tester
872 posts
10,611 battles
2 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

Dear OP,

I actually agree with other here.. 
what is broken? what is there to be fixed for you? 

People complained, "WHY IS EVERYTHING AT TIER 10" here have a tier 7 Ranked season. 

People complained, "ARMS RACE MODE SUCKS" here you have a regular one on domination. 

People complained, "Why epicenter in ranked..." here you have ONLY domination 

People complained, "CVs RUIN RANKED" here you have odd tier ranked without CV.. 

So what is there to fix, and more importantly what do you suggest about "how to fix that" 

Because right now, I agree with the post below, you give nothing, you don't start a conversation, 

you just complain about something only you know for the time being. Lets be more constructive. 

Lets not forget an old saying "If you are only pointing out the problem, you can never be the part of the solution!"

Yep, but this is worse, because he is not pointing to any problem, he's just saying "Fix ranked"

What needs to be fixed?

The game modes?

Number and types of ships?

Way of earning stars?

Any other thing that affects the game overall and specially ranked?

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,183 posts
11,264 battles
5 minutes ago, ClappingLollies said:

I still stand by my ranked proposals. No starsaving for the top players on the losing team and no premiums.. Would be much better no matter the tier then. 

How do you suggest to prevent frustration of people doubling the XP of the second one on the list on the losing team? 

I know this system has its own problems, but without star saving mechanic.. I'd completely stop playing ranked as a player. 

give me a better solution to reward good play on the losing team... then we'll talk :) 

Someone offered in the past "bottom 2 on winning don't get a star, middle 3 on the winning team wins a star, top 2 on the winning team wins 2 stars"

Top 1 in the winning team wins a star.. second one saves a star, the rest loses a star..

This can be good... but I guess people will always find a way to abuse the system.. 

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
28,101 posts
14,890 battles
58 minutes ago, admiralgpt said:

Because players want different things and not everyone wants what you want...

[NWP]
Players
2,991 posts
17,341 battles

The problem is not star saving. That's a mere symptom. The issue is how XP is earned. Being top XP earner in the current system shows you did a lot of dmg. Doesn't show you played the objectives or helped teammates.

Is there a solution for this? Probably not bar getting ai involved to judge gameplay.

• Cool 1

[NKK]
Beta Tester
872 posts
10,611 battles
1 minute ago, Excavatus said:

How do you suggest to prevent frustration of people doubling the XP of the second one on the list on the losing team? 

I know this system has its own problems, but without star saving mechanic.. I'd completely stop playing ranked as a player. 

give me a better solution to reward good play on the losing team... then we'll talk :) 

Someone offered in the past "bottom 2 on winning don't get a star, middle 3 on the winning team wins a star, top 2 on the winning team wins 2 stars"

Top 1 in the winning team wins a star.. second one saves a star, the rest loses a star..

This can be good... but I guess people will always find a way to abuse the system.. 

It's not just a matter of frustration. If they take out saving the star for the top XP in the losing team, it would take A LOT longer to reach rank 1, and ony a few would get there. I did the math a while ago, and here are some results to reach rank 1 from rank 10. With saving a star to not saving it.

50% WR ->  560 to infinte

51% WR -> 444 to 2000

52% WR -> 360 to 100

55% WR -> 243 to 400

60% WR -> 156 to 200

So even the guys that win 60% will take quite a few more games to reach rank 1.

[-YR-]
Players
730 posts

Well to answer to Excavatus that I consider a clever and honest person, 

In the image you can see what I  think should be changed in ranked.

First of all I admit that the last game was a real knife in my heart. being the only DD in a double Belfast game it's hard..

Being able to cap 2 zone was no joke. 

Still losing the star becsasue a player in a BB dealt damage. .,.,,, OK I will accept it

WHAT I reall y struggle to accept is that I lose a star having earned more base XP than half of the enemy team… which for sure did more than me to deserrve the star ...:Smile_trollface:

This I dont like in ranked and i keep saying it.- 

Now dear Excavatus because I like to be constructive , this is my proposal.

Give a star to the best 7 in the game  (half players) without regards to winner or loser. NO ONE SAVE THE STAR.

Only base XP based . this should also motivate people to be activew and not to sit back and wait to be carried.

:Smile_honoring:

no comment GG.png

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[-OOF-]
Players
203 posts

Do i really need to spell out each problem? I doubt it

But I would love for wg to come out and say " we were given "X" feedback above all else last season, so this season we've done "y"

Also arms race and tier is adding variety. Not fixing problems with the format

[CATS]
Players
28,101 posts
14,890 battles
1 minute ago, admiralgpt said:

Yes.

Your problems are not other peoples problems.

• Funny 1

Players
1,290 posts
19,560 battles
16 minutes ago, admiralgpt said:

Please do.

[-OOF-]
Players
203 posts

Use the forum Search if you want to find out. There's no point repeating old posts

My issue is with the player base providing feedback and never seeing change in format

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,183 posts
11,264 battles
7 minutes ago, admiralgpt said:

Use the forum Search if you want to find out. There's no point repeating old posts

My issue is with the player base providing feedback and never seeing change in format

32 minutes ago, admiralgpt said:

But I would love for wg to come out and say " we were given "X" feedback above all else last season, so this season we've done "y"

Also arms race and tier is adding variety. Not fixing problems with the format

Ok then.. 

nobody can say I haven't tried. 

If you have anything about the new ranked season, please use the main topic in the announcements. 

If you have any suggestions for ranked, you can always use the sticky suggestions topic on the main page. 

Topic will be locked. 

• Cool 1