Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MrWastee

say adieu to free respecs for ranked and cb seasons?

32 comments in this topic

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,724 posts
24,981 battles

there u go, njoy:

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/135613-ranked-battles-the-sixteenth-season/?page=2&tab=comments#comment-3488689

1 hour ago, YabbaCoe said:

Actually free respec was initially given as a good will. We didn't need to do that, but we decided to do it. It repeated several times, so it actually raised expectation, that this thing is granted. It was never the case.

So as time passed, you played tons of new battles and you could prepare yourself, to even have different options for your ships.

There is the issue, that once we are not doing this favour, it is wrong.

I am sorry for that, but there is nothing blocking you to take your prefered ship to Ranked battles...

my answer there

Spoiler

32 minutes ago, MrWastee said:

gotta say, thats like the 1st halfway honest answer on such a matter ever! and a good one, even though in content and in regard of the business so to say, an absolute desastrous one imho.....

it's sounds like from someone feeling pushed into a corner he went into on hisself......

i read this now as: never free respecs again! coz, u know, that's what customers do and need. absolutes/consistency....

omyreally....

for the actual cb season they used the xcuse "cv's now in, no need to respec" (rofl). this now is the 1st admittance of a change in that regard imho.... and not a good indication, amongst many others recently, at all.

• Cool 4

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,724 posts
24,981 battles

did post it some time ago and even can recall sub:o referred to paytorico as a testing ground for "some" things..... one thing is intensifying the dub milking haaaaard... and so they do. odin, moskva perma camo, any armory addition for coal (in doubt indireclty --> prem store containers --> coal --> stuff; the most u can get lol).... even granting ability to mount all eco sigs at once. make em used, make em spend....

it's hilarious

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,728 posts
21,099 battles

I appreciate the honesty, they are fully admitting to a policy of aggressive monetization. It's their right as a company.

It's also the right of players to say "nah, screw that" and not spending money, while also warning people not to invest any cash into this game.

In the end everybody loses.

• Cool 18

[SHAFT]
Players
11,032 posts
9,461 battles
2 minutes ago, MrWastee said:

did post it some time ago and even can recall sub:o referred to paytorico as a testing ground for "some" things..... one thing is intensifying the dub milking haaaaard... and so they do. odin, moskva perma camo, any armory addition for coal (in doubt indireclty --> prem store containers --> coal --> stuff; the most u can get lol).... even granting ability to mount all eco sigs at once. make em used, make em spend....

it's hilarious

I think its favourable for WG to make people spend doubloons instead of cash.

If you buy something with money directly, you know how much it costs. However, if you buy Doubloons first, and then use those Doubloons you lose the feeling for real money, as you dont actually use real money. Also, its harder to keep track how much real money you just spend. "2k Doubloons, how much money is that?"

• Cool 10

[THESO]
Players
4,360 posts

If they make any big skill changes (like AA skill changes) they still have to do it.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,724 posts
24,981 battles
Just now, DFens_666 said:

If you buy something with money directly, you know how much it costs. However, if you buy Doubloons first, and then use those Doubloons you lose the feeling for real money, as you dont actually use real money. Also, its harder to keep track how much real money you just spend. "2k Doubloons, how much money is that?"

^this! free xp, coal, any "booster" gained ship.... the indirect way they not can be nailed down on "over-pricing". the indirect way that's not a prob at all lol, as long there's somewhat "options". evul it is

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,724 posts
24,981 battles
1 minute ago, nambr9 said:

If they make any big skill changes (like AA skill changes) they still have to do it.

aye. and they will avoid such as much as possible. only one i can see in that regard is when subs arrive. last one, ifhe, was 3 days btw. that's like none at all lol....

• Cool 2

Players
1,867 posts
8,182 battles

You will probably get free re-spec when the submarines go out of the testing phase.

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,724 posts
24,981 battles
3 minutes ago, Ocsimano18 said:

You will probably get free re-spec when the submarines go out of the testing phase.

13 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

11 minutes ago, MrWastee said:

aye. and they will avoid such as much as possible. only one i can see in that regard is when subs arrive. last one, ifhe, was 3 days btw. that's like none at all lol....

;)

edit:

did edit title for clarification, thx.

• Cool 1

[CAIN]
Players
4,655 posts
19,758 battles

Well, that sucks I guess. 

But for me, as someone who doesn’t have access to clan battles due to not having active clan mates, it‘s not a deal breaker. 

However, the aggressive milking policy WG is using in the past year is. 

Min regards to respeccs: 

I have tons of 10 point captains, and should the need arise, i‘d Train them with elite CXP. 

WoWS simply doesn’t allow for more then two possible/ feasible / useful builds per ship. There may be one or two exceptions tho. 

• Cool 1

Players
6,823 posts
11,223 battles
14 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

In the end everybody loses.

So much this. WG cant do customer-relationship-management and it shows like 5 times every day.

I also love this part:

So as time passed, you played tons of new battles and you could prepare yourself, to even have different options for your ships. 

Implying, EVERYONE in this game has the battle count like we do and totally ignoring, what we all see: Players with less then 500 games all the time even in high tiers. Oh yea, and one other WG just came to mind: When they said, back in the day, most BB players on T10 are using the skill for the extra fighter. Yes, most players are REALLY prepared and have the skills right on their ships.

Well, anyway, once Subs are in randoms are out. I draw myself the last line there. Over the past 18 month WG took almost everything I loved about this game (scenarios, T4 is ruined, T7 is ruined, high tiers are ruined thx to selling T9/T10 ships, Clanwars is ruined), once they ruin playing DDs for me, its goodbye. Shitty business decisions like this one are almost expected at this point.

• Cool 6

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,995 posts
13,415 battles
15 minutes ago, MrWastee said:

Wasn't there server problems in the time that the last free respec was going on and this resulted in even less time than expected?

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,724 posts
24,981 battles
1 minute ago, BrusilovX said:

Wasn't there server problems in the time that the last free respec was going on and this resulted in even less time than expected?

not sure lol.... rushed all my ifhe captns to reset all in once and still have many i did not respec again yet. witohut lwm's guide i'd be totally helpless :Smile_great::Smile_veryhappy:... no casual player ever could've thoughsee their data on it. in doubt, lol, rather would've been expected to drop a load of dubs on trial and error respecs?....

how one could think bad about such indications?.....

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Players
11,032 posts
9,461 battles
1 minute ago, MrWastee said:

not sure lol.... rushed all my ifhe captns to reset all in once and still have many i did not respec again yet. witohut lwm's guide i'd be totally helpless :Smile_great::Smile_veryhappy:... no casual player ever could've thoughsee their data on it. in doubt, lol, rather would've been expected to drop a load of dubs on trial and error respecs?....

how one could think bad about such indications?.....

WG doesnt want, that we players know/learn mechanics. Otherwise, this constant changing doesnt make any sense:

- Radar / Hydro changes

- IFHE / plating changes

Only when we are all drooling on our keyboard, its fine for WG so we mindlessly throw money at them.

• Cool 4

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,969 posts
28,552 battles
26 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

It is also much easier, and more convenient for WG, to refund doubloons instead of real money. With real money refund, money is actually going out of the game back to customer, while with doubloons money is still in the game and customer could not do anything with it except spend it on the game content.

• Cool 4

[BBMM]
Players
6,362 posts
8,551 battles
32 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

once they ruin playing DDs for me, its goodbye.

I think you'll love it though. My DD mate (and you know who) thinks it is hilarious blapping subs. 

On a side note I never have trouble respeccing captains. I have plenty 19 pointers that collect Elite Captain XP. 

I put them on all my favourite ships and then use them on the premiums as well. 

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[NWP]
Players
2,991 posts
17,341 battles

Honest answer... that's a novel thing and much apreciated.

As long as WG understands that it'll have a huge impactvon new players wheras older ones just have the captain XP ready for this.

• Cool 2

[BRITS]
Beta Tester
381 posts
7,960 battles

So the "good will" dried up...... :)

• Cool 3

[R3B3L]
Players
1,013 posts
30,808 battles
2 hours ago, MrWastee said:

rushed all my ifhe captns to reset all in once and still have many i did not respec again yet.

same here. I did "all you can respec", waited for some time to see what CC´s say about new builds... and at some point lost interest.

So i simply gave up on some ships and play less. Benefit is: this year i already read several books and spend more time in the woods :)

• Cool 5

[BBMM]
Players
6,362 posts
8,551 battles
1 hour ago, Origin47 said:

So the "good will" dried up...... :)

Well, actually it was "specially for CB" so I never understood why it was for ALL CAPTAINS. 

This complaining is actually kinda weird to me. It was over-generous to begin with, really.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[SM0KE]
Players
6,132 posts
14,608 battles
3 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

This complaining is actually kinda weird to me.

I don't feel it is, really - WG set up certain expectations and then tried to row back on them; it's not surprising that people would moan (especially with the ham-fisted attempt to justify it with the whole CVs argument, which is obvious nonsense this time).

A more sensible - and customer-service orientated - company would leave things as it they were, and find alternative avenues for topping up the 'beer and ladies of negotiable affection' fund...

Players
10,196 posts
11,986 battles
2 hours ago, MrWastee said:

Ahem. Manual AA rework had, technically, free respec available. Assuming you've found opt in button hidden in dozen pages long article:cap_tea:

• Funny 2

Players
6,823 posts
11,223 battles
1 hour ago, VIadoCro said:

same here. I did "all you can respec", waited for some time to see what CC´s say about new builds... and at some point lost interest. 

So i simply gave up on some ships and play less. Benefit is: this year i already read several books and spend more time in the woods :)

Yup I agree, this is exactly the effect I noticed on myself. Spending time, thinking about impact of changes and respeccing is fine, when you have 10 ships. It isnt, when you have 150+ in port. Especially with the port UI beeing what it is. So yea, I hope WG knows what they are doing.

Sign in to follow this