Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Eternus_Damnatio

Russian tech tree changes

11 comments in this topic

Players
866 posts
8,891 battles

So just a minor point about the changes once the Moskva is replaced we then need to re purchase the T9 vessel and grind through it again to unlock the new T10 which is a tad annoying to say the least.
In WoT when a tech tree change like that is made you would be given the replacement vehicle and get the premium if it was switched to one.
I have no issue grinding a new line but do take issue having to re grind for a T10 again.
If i am wrong about this no problem but that is what i take from the news article.
https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/public-test/bulletin-095/

• Cool 1

[TDOG]
Beta Tester
182 posts
8,445 battles
7 minutes ago, Eternus_Damnatio said:

So just a minor point about the changes once the Moskva is replaced we then need to re purchase the T9 vessel and grind through it again to unlock the new T10 which is a tad annoying to say the least.
In WoT when a tech tree change like that is made you would be given the replacement vehicle and get the premium if it was switched to one.
I have no issue grinding a new line but do take issue having to re grind for a T10 again.
If i am wrong about this no problem but that is what i take from the news article.
https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/public-test/bulletin-095/

You have it correct
WG have decided to go against the way past line changes/splits (Like the Japanese Destroyer, Russian Destroyer and American Cruiser splits) for some reason.

You will have to grind out the new Tier 10 ship, 
It has been known this was going to be the requirement for a while (when it originally appeared on the Dev Blog  on April 14th)

Whilst irritating there has been plenty of time if you want to get the A. Nevsky on the release day

Players
866 posts
8,891 battles
3 minutes ago, DisorderZ55 said:

You have it correct
WG have decided to go against the way past line changes/splits (Like the Japanese Destroyer, Russian Destroyer and American Cruiser splits) for some reason.

You will have to grind out the new Tier 10 ship, 
It has been known this was going to be the requirement for a while (when it originally appeared on the Dev Blog  on April 14th)

Whilst irritating there has been plenty of time if you want to get the A. Nevsky on the release day

I have only recently come back to the game so no idea what was said in April I had the Moskva back when I stopped playing years ago.

WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
2,074 posts
12,858 battles
43 minutes ago, Eternus_Damnatio said:

You're correct and they clarified this more than a month ago in https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/133758-st-soviet-cruisers-branch-split/

[TDOG]
Beta Tester
182 posts
8,445 battles
3 minutes ago, Eternus_Damnatio said:

I have only recently come back to the game so no idea what was said in April I had the Moskva back when I stopped playing years ago.

Yeah, tbh its understandable most people missed it,
Unless you read the forums/dev blog/ website pretty regularly it is easy to miss these announcements

Players
866 posts
8,891 battles
9 minutes ago, Wizard27_1979 said:

You're correct and they clarified this more than a month ago in https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/133758-st-soviet-cruisers-branch-split/

I already answered this bud its not like the post is flooded with replies lol
And you would think they would at the very least add the tier 9 to your port if not already owned so you do not need to re purchse the ship to re grind a line they decided to change. 

2,074 posts
12,858 battles
23 minutes ago, Eternus_Damnatio said:

And you would think they would at the very least add the tier 9 to your port if not already owned so you do not need to re purchse the ship to re grind a line they decided to change. 

This is the first time ever in Warships that two silver-ships become Premium - so not comparable to previous splits when ships were shifted.

As you don't lose Moskva and she's even upgraded I am personally fine that I have to grind again from Donskoi - that's why I used her in Ranked Sprint and the 200%-XP-Bonus which was active for about two weeks in early may. 

If you own Moskva and sell her now (or before she's moved), you will also gain credits you can use for Donskoi to re-buy her, btw. 

Players
866 posts
8,891 battles
2 minutes ago, Wizard27_1979 said:

This is the first time ever in Warships that two silver-ships become Premium - so not comparable to previous splits when ships were shifted.

As you don't lose Moskva and she's even upgraded I am personally fine that I have to grind again from Donskoi - that's why I used her in Ranked Sprint and the 200%-XP-Bonus which was active for about two weeks in early may. 

If you own Moskva and sell her now (or before she's moved), you will also gain credits you can use for Donskoi to re-buy her, btw. 

The way i can sell Moskva now and get credits plus the ship back is part of the reason i find the way they have done it odd VOV

[I-J-N]
Players
5,481 posts
1 hour ago, DisorderZ55 said:

How much do we want or need this ship anyway?

• Funny 1

Players
10,202 posts
11,986 battles
1 hour ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

How much do we want or need this ship anyway?

Without Nevsky it might be difficult to assemble Bias Squad for clan battles.

That said, if WoWsft is any correct, she did lose stealth radar capacity, outspotted by +-800m. Still, for a "light" cruiser, she have AP penetration competing with the best 203mm armed cruisers (Venezia and Zao) and then 19km range, 36kts top speed and quintuple set of fishes for occasional Rush B moments.

• Cool 3

2,074 posts
12,858 battles
On 5/20/2020 at 10:02 PM, Panocek said:

Without Nevsky it might be difficult to assemble Bias Squad for clan battles.

But Nevsky will be available when this CB-Season ended, so plenty of time...

Sign in to follow this