Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
TheDraconicLord

Need some help to learn how to aim again. Anyone knows a cool video?

8 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
74 posts
89 battles

When I entered the CBT, I was a mess until I learnt how to aim thanks to The Mighty Jingles. By watching his videos I noticed how he aimed low using the .... line thing. I imitated what he did and since then I improved my game greatly. 

Now, after patch, aiming as I always did I'm missing Battleships less than 6 kms away. Anyone knows some videos that teach how to properly use the new AP arcs? 

I'm getting really frustrated every match :( I really want to my mojo back :izmena:

Edited by TheDraconicLord

Beta Tester
216 posts
2,578 battles

They changed the shell velocity and arc and firing at longer ranges is almost impossible to hit.

[KOKOS]
Beta Tester, Players
3,371 posts
8,811 battles

When I entered the CBT, I was a mess until I learnt how to aim thanks to The Mighty Jingles. By watching is videos I noticed how he aimed low using the .... line thing. I imitated what he did and since then I improved my game greatly. 

Now, after patch, aiming as I always did I'm missing Battleships less than 6 kms away. Anyone knows some videos that teach how to properly use the new AP arcs? 

I'm getting really frustrated every match :( I really want to my mojo back :izmena:

Play Co-Op Battles for as long as you think you need to master the aiming. :honoring:

w7iov4.jpg

PS: Don't worry about your stats, there will be a wipe when we go into OBT.

Meanwhile you can play as much battles if you want to try and master the aiming skill.

:)

Beta Tester
74 posts
89 battles

@MaxxyNL - Well, that's not a bad idea at all, I must say. I always pay a fortune when Izumo goes down, so Co-Op may be the way to go until I remaster the aiming. 

[STGGC]
Beta Tester
173 posts
829 battles

Ahoy there! A jingles fan!

Anyway, with regards to aiming, just play more, then go with your gut. The horizon is still a good guideline, but raise it so that it points at the enemy's citadel for long range shots, and along the side of the ship for lower angled shots. This works for me, though it varies from ship to ship.

Beta Tester
37 posts
1,095 battles

Well at long range, when aiming tap ALT and see the exact distance of the enemy and then position your aiming reticle at the same exact distance...(15,7km  enemy.........15,7km reticle) + give enough lead to the shells...always range your shots before full salvo  (valid when enemy sailing in straight line),,,when he is zig zag ing  just w8 for him to pick a direction and then shoot his [edited], when he is going at an angle towards u or away frome you it's a little harder as you hawe to aim in front of him but also a little up or down. not much but hope it helps.

Beta Tester
297 posts
598 battles

RNGesus is really strong. I tried a training room battle in a Nagato vs Bot Nagatos. Stationary targets, me stationary as well, from 17 km, firing broadsides. So no need to lead, just aim dead center and pull the trigger.

Hitrate was just below 50%... 98 out of 213 shells hit, if I remember correctly. 

Sign in to follow this